Why does society get so offended at peoples’ “high” standards or preferences?

I’ve noticed people get so offended when people have certain standards or preferences.

the first thing people try to do is tear you apart and nitpick you in order to make it seem like you don’t “deserve” to have that standard.

like if someone has high standards and genuinely feels that they can find someone that fits those standards then who are you to tell them they can’t have those standards?:manny:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
You can't have high standards if you haven't met those standards yourself. It's like a broke fat dude staring at Instagram models all day on his phone proclaiming that only a rich beauty meets his standards. Some people are just straight up delusional. And it's okay to call them out on it.

giphy (11).gif

It's society's faulty. People are told from a young age they will always find someone. Everyone is equal. No one is better than anyone else. Just be a good person and you will find someone. Be nice. But then they get rejected for not being 6ft tall, or based on his looks. The fact is no one owes you anything in this life :manny: We need to start telling that to kids in school instead of getting their hopes up.

Sometimes people get offended when people have high standards because often the person who has these strict requirements come across as arrogant. As if they're are worth more than others and because of that they only deserve people on the same level as them.

These high standard individuals often reject others based on superficial and materialistic reasons. They don't give the "average" person a chance because they lack inherent value to their eyes.

e.g a rich or highly educated person rejects a low middle-class person with only a moderate education because to them such a person isn't worth their time. So you see those "high standards" come from a feeling of superiority in most cases, that is why it is frowned upon in general.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
They are offered they don't meet your requirements and even more so if you hit one of their insecurities

People are very self-absorbed

It's okay to have standards and preferences as long as it's not to the point where you want a unicorn. I do agree with what you are saying though people shame ppl now for wanting a good partner. For instance, I prefer a guy who has a degree of some sort because I went through hell and back while attending school. Some people will legit tell me I am asking for too much or that I'm a bad person for not wanting to date a guy who only has a highschool diploma. Or when as women if we want a kind, caring, and overall good man we are supposedly "asking" for too much. I don't see this happen really on this forum, but on reddit and other platforms this message is always being spread and it mainly targets gabdo

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
My tiktok fyp are filled with shaniquas being mad at tyrones for not liking them When they look like this
1620265807490.jpeg

the drama is fire wallahi i live for it :stevej:

Xaruun

VIP
My tiktok fyp are filled with shaniquas being mad at tyrones for not liking them When they look like this View attachment 183686

the drama is fire wallahi i live for it :stevej:
How come Tyrones are still wifing these obese baby mamas

Trending