Why do U.K. Somalis have zero homeownership? How incredibly pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
I'mma keep it short cause my mentions are in shambles from my last post. Lmao. Hit dogs will holla. Somali men are obsessed with youth (marrying 21 yr olds) and breeding their wife as many times as humanely possible. In short, limiting her full potential and earnings. I'm in Toronto I have a master's degree, a new job that will net that much. I'm unmarried. My friends and female cousins are (27-32) all in the same circumstances. My Ethiopian friend (Harari) is 29. He and his wife are both educated professionals (she has a MA). They just got married and bought a 700,000$ home in Scarborough. You rarely see this happening with Somalis. I know a lot of Harari families through my mum's best friend. This is the norm for them. Somalis, they splash out on a wedding, end up broke and struggling. Divorce within 1-3 years. We need a cultural shift.

I've been saying this for years!!!!!!!!! Somalis are too preoccupied with appearances. A young wife who needn't work, a nice car, a beautiful wedding, an envious honeymoon, and then they wonder why they are struggling for cash for the rest of their (short) marriage. Pakistanis got us beat in that part, they look at how much the girl AND the guy earn before agreeing to the marriage. They're focused on power couples, so the wife's usually around 30 when married but she and her man are making 6 figures each.

But I don't agree with the breeding part, I don't know any Somalis brought up here that have large families.

I've been saying this for years!!!!!!!!! Somalis are too preoccupied with appearances. A young wife who needn't work, a nice car, a beautiful wedding, an envious honeymoon, and then they wonder why they are struggling for cash for the rest of their (short) marriage. Pakistanis got us beat in that part, they look at how much the girl AND the guy earn before agreeing to the marriage. They're focused on power couples, so the wife's usually around 30 when married but she and her man are making 6 figures each.

But I don't agree with the breeding part, I don't know any Somalis brought up here that have large families.

The South Asian Muslim community takes marriage (the ristha process) very seriously MA. As they should, marriage is one of the most important undertakings in life and can have lifelong ramifications. I think we need to take pointers from them and model their behaviour. They have multiple avenues--online sites geared to their community, for pay matchmaking services and familial connections to facilitate the process. The family/community is involved in the process from start to finish. In the Somali community it is considered desperate/in poor taste to publicly search for a spouse. My religious cousin (full hijab/modest dress) is 32 (her birthday was in April) and she has asked her parents for help. Only to be told it is ceeb to ask around on her behalf (for them to get involved) and just to continue praying. As if she's not a human being with natural needs. As I said in my previous post these girls do not want to die childless spinsters. They will ultimately marry out, taking their wealth out of the community or they will morally slip out. I know more and more Somali girls with out of wedlock children.

I'mma keep it short cause my mentions are in shambles from my last post. Lmao. Hit dogs will holla. Somali men are obsessed with youth (marrying 21 yr olds) and breeding their wife as many times as humanely possible. In short, limiting her full potential and earnings. I'm in Toronto I have a master's degree, a new job that will net that much. I'm unmarried. My friends and female cousins are (27-32) all in the same circumstances. My Ethiopian friend (Harari) is 29. He and his wife are both educated professionals (she has a MA). They just got married and bought a 700,000$ home in Scarborough. You rarely see this happening with Somalis. I know a lot of Harari families through my mum's best friend. This is the norm for them. Somalis, they splash out on a wedding, end up broke and struggling. Divorce within 1-3 years. We need a cultural shift.

You do have a point, I have a couple of friends who currently hold Masters & Bachelors in Engineering & MBA and just last summer a couple of them flew back to Somalia to and got married to females almost a decade younger than them. I have female relatives that are Doctors or Nurses and they are in the exact same situation as you.
My point is that the situation you described is definitely not a rare case and I might say it is slowly becoming the norm here in Canada. Newly wed Somali couples can't even seem to last a year without getting divorced over petty things.

Our Culture is vastly inferior to Pakistanis who do not fool around when their children is of marriageable age. They have responsible Wali's who know how to deal with these situations. How many Pakistani couples you heard of getting divorced within one year of their wedding ?

Somalis suffer from a messed up mentality of appeasing those around them hence with the Wedding Splash and no pre-determined planning of the future.

Walaahi its very interesting and Sad to see how these situations are slowly blossoming into a full fledged problem here in Canada.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Reer UK are very materialistic and have no sense of saving.

I think they can become homeowners if they stop with the frivolous spending.

I will be in London in two weeks and I will report on what more information I find.

Take pic of the bucket they take showers with

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
The South Asian Muslim community takes marriage (the ristha process) very seriously MA. As they should, marriage is one of the most important undertakings in life and can have lifelong ramifications. I think we need to take pointers from them and model their behaviour. They have multiple avenues--online sites geared to their community, for pay matchmaking services and familial connections to facilitate the process. The family/community is involved in the process from start to finish. In the Somali community it is considered desperate/in poor taste to publicly search for a spouse. My religious cousin (full hijab/modest dress) is 32 (her birthday was in April) and she has asked her parents for help. Only to be told it is ceeb to ask around on her behalf (for them to get involved) and just to continue praying. As if she's not a human being with natural needs. As I said in my previous post these girls do not want to die childless spinsters. They will ultimately marry out, taking their wealth out of the community or they will morally slip out. I know more and more Somali girls with out of wedlock children.
You do have a point, I have a couple of friends who currently hold Masters & Bachelors in Engineering & MBA and just last summer a couple of them flew back to Somalia to and got married to females almost a decade younger than them. I have female relatives that are Doctors or Nurses and they are in the exact same situation as you.
My point is that the situation you described is definitely not a rare case and I might say it is slowly becoming the norm here in Canada. Newly wed Somali couples can't even seem to last a year without getting divorced over petty things.

Our Culture is vastly inferior to Pakistanis who do not fool around when their children is of marriageable age. They have responsible Wali's who know how to deal with these situations. How many Pakistani couples you heard of getting divorced within one year of their wedding ?

Somalis suffer from a messed up mentality of appeasing those around them hence with the Wedding Splash and no pre-determined planning of the future.

Walaahi its very interesting and Sad to see how these situations are slowly blossoming into a full fledged problem here in Canada.

Somali women are becoming more educated but that takes time that some men can't wait for. So now it's become a choice between making money but never marrying (or at least not being the first wife) or marrying young with a high chance of being pressured to go immediately into the work force or staying home bc he's traditional.

NOT ALL MEN but enough to make this a serious issue. Sad to hear it's not just happening in my area.

Reer UK are very materialistic and have no sense of saving.

I think they can become homeowners if they stop with the frivolous spending.

I will be in London in two weeks and I will report on what more information I find.

Somalis in London want to live in 3000sqf homes.

1-2bedroom living is ideal for young couple with 1 child. Try telling that to thier parents who perceive condos as kennels.

Edo Nene

SUGAR breasts
i brought a house 2 years at least 1 hour way from city, i aint raising kids at public housing aka najaso/junkie central.

mrlog

VIP
i brought a house 2 years at least 1 hour way from city, i aint raising kids at public housing aka najaso/junkie central.

Bal how did u pull this off.
How many hagbads did u sign up to?
Did u get halal mortgage?
Or did u have isbaaro back home whereby u accumulated enough lacag for the down payment.

All legit Q's.
No offence intended Walaalo

Edo Nene

SUGAR breasts
Bal how did u pull this off.
How many hagbads did u sign up to?
Did u get halal mortgage?
Or did u have isbaaro back home whereby u accumulated enough lacag for the down payment.

All legit Q's.
No offence intended Walaalo
i have been saving money since i was 15.
no its not halal mortage lakin i paid more deposit so i pay less for monthly instalments
Im in 3 ayuuto to pay back some money i burrow for deposit etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.