Why do the American diaspora tend to be more successful than the UK ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Canada I get but any migrant moving to the US is shooting themselves in the foot.

It’s worse than Europe for economic mobility, numerous studies have shown this.

Somali migrants will be more successful in Pakistan than the US, no joke.

I understand that in America its hard to move up, but not impossible. Somalis who work hard have made more for themselves compared there then here in Europe. My aunt and uncles families live in a house while I live in an apartment while working average jobs. My father is an harder worker then my uncle and he would have gotten more money in America then in Europe

Most somalis that left were educated people so America would have been ideal for us. Its bad for people who are uneducated but not for those who are.

Alot of the Somali elites, educated and Upper middle class moved to North America when Civil war started

Somalia trash and leftovers moved to Europe in beginning, alot of them recently started coming here also

I think y'all are making too many assumptions about UK Somalis. We're diverse, and a lot are doing ok.

One thing you're all forgetting is that the UK is a low wage economy. This is partly due to tory governments dismantling unions and regulations for the low-paid.

I think y'all are making too many assumptions about UK Somalis. We're diverse, and a lot are doing ok.

One thing you're all forgetting is that the UK is a low wage economy. This is partly due to tory governments dismantling unions and regulations for the low-paid.
They also are claiming UK somalis are more religious but at the same time saying most UK somalis are on the streets.
They have to choose which one it is bc it definitely cant be both at the same time

u dont know anything about ustaadh aburahman hassan or dawahman.
Ur just speaking out of ignorance
U dont understand how hard it is to help brothers off the streets
What have u done for the somali community? What have you done for the muslim community?
How many orphans and children without guidance have u helped? How many muslims have u helped?
What have u done for this ummah?
U need to learn when to shut your mouth, slandering people, You act like the hypocrites at the time of the prophet ﷺ, all u have to do is slander and backbite people when u have done nothing urself.
If they wanted kids on the streets they would spend all their money on buying venues to provide events for them, u questioning their intention is disgusting, r u Allah to be questioning ppls intentions when they have shown no reason for u to question it?
Ilhan omar supports lgtbq and hangs out with trannies, Lut AS wife was punished by Allah bc she supported the gay ppl, Ilhan omar is not a good representation of somalis
Uve noticed they only teach kids "refutations", u dont know anything, They teach much more than that, but ppl like u who bring doubts in people if they dont have a refutation they will not know what to say.
U dont even believe hijab exists in Islam, ur views are an embarresment, every scholar in history disagrees with u about hijab yet u think ur better than every single one of them.

Muslims getting into politics will always make them have to give up their deen, it doesnt take a smart person to know this, all politics is corrupt, and in the west, getting into stuff that necessitates u engage in haram is against Islam.
Ur so deluded by the dunya its emberrising
Akh Ilhan Omar doesn't support LGBTQ she just needs their votes you idiot. Do you think you can do anything in America by saying I don't support LGBTQ. You'll get kicked out of college idiot. We are obliged to follow the law of the land here, if we don't then we either be failures like you guys on the streets or go do arab countries and be called slaves.

Somalis drink in all countries but Somalis in Canada are just honest about it.

Truth

Somalis in Canada don't lie if they drink they will tell you they do if asked they have no fear .

Somalis are very open here in Canada no bullshit if he or she is religious they will tell you if they are party animals they will say it show it .

UK Somalis and European ones are such fearful people and care what others think to the point that in the land of PUBS Somalis have secret bars where they can go without other Somalis finding out they drink that's how fearful they are being labelled a drinker .
I know cousin's out there in UK who are afraid that their mates will find out they watch downtown Abbey because it's un islamic white show .
Hahahahahahaha

But I guess it's better to hide your sins but it will make you go crazy not being honest .

Downtown abbey is for upper-class white old people.
If i see any somali watching downtown abbey I wil cry inside

I'm on the show next season . First Somali on downtown Abbey the premise is a Somali sea captain falls in the love with a white Nobility women

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Same I remember first time I heard of reer UK getting bullied I was baffled to say the least, so jileec :susp: so poor :susp: @Basic bls exblained why is UK losing?

btw hope your well!
I’m good thanks for asking ♥️

Tbh the fact people are making threads about reer uk shows who’s really losing. Not worth a response mate x

Xoxoxo

VIP
You’re crying about the US or UK? Imagine the position the nut jobs here are in. We are worse in condition then the UK. We aren’t luckily as dumb as them to showcase our foolishness

Opportunity. The moment u put your foot in American soil-- the air itself gives you hope of abundant opportunities. U start to feel the largeness of the roads, the comfort of blending in a multi racial communities, the air of freedom, the ease of access of countless job opportunities. Heck in your first month u can find yourself with a job and suddenly earning crazy money even if u dont have a degree. The society is so large and diverse, who u r does not matter. It only matters to u how driven u r.

You change a lot sister @Basra since the days of S Net.

u got that right. Even tho here in America if u have children, your housing is set. But they watch u like a hawk. But for single people which is majority of Somalis--- your fuuto is forced to work and work u do, and of course in the end it is good for u because your bank account becomes pretty

What do you mean by your housing is set? Are you saying you get low-income housing? If that is what you meant, that means living in the ghetto. And that is pretty bad.

Guys, people attack reer UK majority of the time; however, I think they're the largest Somali diaspora in the West, and Somalis all over Europe move there because they want to give their children an environment that is more receptive to Islam compare to other European states.

UK is also a very small country. The state of Tenessee is either bigger than them or equal in size. US can't be compared with UK. More like EU vs US. America is a continent; so is Canada.

So when you combine Somalis moving from all over Europe to a smaller country, with the large families they have and all of their problems that come with it, where a huge amount of ceer/caydh is thrown at them, you can imagine the outcome.

But there is something I like about reer UK: Very religious. All of the Somali girls I see from UK have a good footing in Islam. Maasha'Allah.

Last edited:
Fully integrating yourself in western society means it's impossible to ensure your progeny are still Muslims. They'd be watered down in their deen, now it's one thing to acknowledge that and believe doing better socio-economically is worth the trade off, but don't come here with this Bs narrative of 'Liberal v salafi Muslims'. It's dishonest.

Imma have to ask your qabil and if you're a Muslim
I am muslim

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What do you mean by your housing is set? Are you saying you get low-income housing? If that is what you meant, that means living in the ghetto. And that is pretty bad.

ghetto or no ghetto getting a free housing is an immense plus for your wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts