Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Axum, places in Tigray and Eritrea for the most part had different kingdoms and they were always at heads. Tigray was a different province to Eritrea as well under Abyssinia. The TPLF and EPLF were close at one point, but crap happens:manny:. There's loads of articles on the history of the two parties.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:drakekidding:
I see you're defiantly Eritrean. The bahir negus was always subservient to the emperors of Ethiopia, until he became a Banda but was forgiven. Why don't you admit that you're Eritrean?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
What on Earth :heh:
I shouldn't be laughing, you guys are disrespecting us :farole:
Where did this stereotype come from warya :mugshotman:

im assuming adal days when the somalis ran away and refused to occupy ethiopia also the somalis ran away from battle against the imam as attested in the futuh al habasha. i think i remember reading the lines "the imam chased them to the sea"

Dude, stop denying your origins. Even though the Axumites officially started in the horn, they were not native to it. They were a branch of South Semitic, along with their geez language. You are not native to the horn. You've just hijacked land and culture belonging to the Northern and central Cushites. Even the Anglo-Saxon admit they come from Germany.:draketf:
False except the Ajuran part. Just in case if you didn't know - there is a conflicting opinions about the ethnicity who ruled the Empire and it's usually only the Somali narrow minded nationalist who believe he is a Somali and ignoring all the other sources that never mentioned the rulers were Somali except being ruled under the Empire.

Adal's capital was originally in the Afar region which is well known by everyone so realistically, it has to be an Afar that ruled the empire and the term is also Afar. The Adal was Afar according to Eritrean historians because most ethnic groups in Eritrea were affiliated with the Afar under the Adal so they could resist the continuous threats of the Amaran and Tigayan expansion. So in other word, all Eritreans viewed the empire as Afar led.

According to the Arabs, the Ifat was a Kingdom originally from the Shoa region and the population of Ifat consisted of mixed ethnic groups that were called Jabarti and Arab definition of it are the Muslims in the Horns while Habash were the Christian Highlanders. The Ifat ruling elites were the Argobba and the Semitic speaking groups. That's the Arab and Eritrean views of it.

I also find it interestingin somnet when some members believe he wasn't a Somali because of the past names in the Northern region. People believe the ruling Empire was either an Afar or Arab. Ethiopian Christian Highlanders perceived them as an Arab so the rulers were diverse. I would like to hear the Turks view on this because they played a role in the HoA during that time. Eritreans, Ethiopians and Somalis all have conflicting views about his ethnicity but it's clear Afar gets mentioned the most.
exactly. Somalians have no idea what facts are. They assume just because he was against Christians must mean he was a Somalian, when in fact he only used them as cannon fodder later in his reign.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
exactly. Somalians have no idea what facts are. They assume just because he was against Christians must mean he was a Somalian, when in fact he only used them as cannon fodder later in his reign.

alrite be proud that an ethiopian wanted to eliminate ethiopia's existence and turn it into an arab colony:draketf:

I see you're defiantly Eritrean. The bahir negus was always subservient to the emperors of Ethiopia, until he became a Banda but was forgiven. Why don't you admit that you're Eritrean?
Because I'm not Eritrean you retarded person:mjlol:.
How about you learn your language so you can actually be considered Ethiopian? Any evidence you're even Ethiopian?

Last edited:

Haters will always be haters, Adal sultanate was Somali sultanate and rulers were Somalis.

He is Afar. The previous Afar Prime Minister claimed he was related to the Gadabursi. Take it with a pinch of salt. They are just trying to win over support against the Ciise.

You are nothing in Djibouti. Darod get spit on in the streets.

Your mother that gets spilt in streets and used and abused by every foreigner soldier in Djibouti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending