Why do Somalis have so many kids?

Countries with a high number of educated women tend to have low fertility rates, since educated women have better jobs and a higher income than uneducated women. Educated women also tend to get married later in life (Due to them pursuing their careers) which reduces the number of children the woman can physically have (or at least would like to have). Most women in developing countries like Somalia aren't educated (Especially since some of these societies don't see the need for women to have an education) so these countries tend to have high fertility rates.

Last edited:
I don’t know but it’s pretty gross to have that many kids and not give them the best quality of life. I knew someone who came from a family of 12 that lived in a three bedroom apartment with all of his family. He had to sleep on the mattress on the floor and most of his siblings had to share beds.

Lack of education and cultural differences. The next generation of Somalis that are now having kids in the west are only having 3-4 at most. You can’t have 5+ kids when you’re not rich and give them all a good life here. It works in Africa where there’s lots of people around you to help raise your children but not in the west

It's disgusting actually and the sad thing is they have no safety net a woman here was killed by a drunk driver living 7 small children with her husband women are not baby factories it is sad and crippling her dreams and aspirations.

It's disgusting actually and the sad thing is they have no safety net a woman here was killed by a drunk driver living 7 small children with her husband women are not baby factories it is sad and crippling her dreams and aspirations.

The older children are expected to become parents just because of the selfishness of their parents.

The older children are expected to become parents just because of the selfishness of their parents.
Raising 5+ kids doesn't mean it'll be a bad family, but their should be a check list before having that many kids.

Does the husband make 6 figures? I would say you should at least make $200k a year before having a ton of kids.

Is the wife willing to be a stay at home mom? If she's happy doing that then it's all good.

Are you willing to be their for your kids? You can't have that many kids and be a deadbeat.

Raising 5+ kids doesn't mean it'll be a bad family, but their should be a check list before having that many kids.

Does the husband make 6 figures? I would say you should at least make $200k a year before having a ton of kids.

Is the wife willing to be a stay at home mom? If she's happy doing that then it's all good.

Are you willing to be their for your kids? You can't have that many kids and be a deadbeat.

I agree, I don’t even think making $200k is necessary but at least a combined income of $100k min and in a suburban low cost of living suburb.

The most important thing is spacing btwn children, so they have enough care and attention. If you have 6 kids spaced far apart enough it’s doable financially and responsibly.

But average Somali fam has 3 under 5 and 5 more under 12. It’s completely chaotic.

I agree, I don’t even think making $200k is necessary but at least a combined income of $100k min and in a suburban low cost of living suburb.

The most important thing is spacing btwn children, so they have enough care and attention. If you have 6 kids spaced far apart enough it’s doable financially and responsibly.

But average Somali fam has 3 under 5 and 5 more under 12. It’s completely chaotic.
meh I don't think spacing has anything to do with it, if you space it out too far then the kids can't ever connect

I don’t know but it’s pretty gross to have that many kids and not give them the best quality of life. I knew someone who came from a family of 12 that lived in a three bedroom apartment with all of his family. He had to sleep on the mattress on the floor and most of his siblings had to share beds.
Facts. Or there will be two sets of bunk beds in each room (8 kids in total) and the rest sleep either on the floor or in the storage room (In Canada, many apartments come with a storage room that can fit a bed, but its not ventilated/no windows so it isn't classified as a room).

Chaotic is not even the word.

Facts. Or there will be two sets of bunk beds in each room (8 kids in total) and the rest sleep either on the floor or in the storage room (In Canada, many apartments come with a storage room that can fit a bed, but its not ventilated/no windows so it isn't classified as a room).

I didn't even know some families be putting their kids inside storage rooms to sleep astagfirullah. I honestly wonder what goes through some of these parents heads to want to have 8+ children living in government housing. It's a huge problem in the Somali community how welfare has become so normalized. I understand if it's a newcomer, but seeing families living in a western country 10+ years still taking government money and living in a 3/4 bedroom house with 12 people sounds like a nightmare.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
If what I am hearing is the case, the Somali community really needs a conversation on family planning.

Topics such as contraception and sex in general, need to be discussed openly. I am not even talking about pre-marital or adulterous sex but sex between married couples at the very least.

With a better planned family, both the physical and mental health of families would improve.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idk but they need to start taking birth control. They make 10 children and expect their older daughter to take care of them
giphy.gif

C’mon are you exaggerating or did you really see people who put their kids in storage rooms to sleep? :faysalwtf: