Why do Somalis have so many kids?

They don't know how to use condoms
32158EE0-AE68-41EE-8352-C1861A7C3EA7.png

That's a good question.

But in Somalia kids are like a a retirement insurance.. Since people in Somalia don't have a pension scheme or nursing homes the only insurance one has in their old age is their kids.. And another factor is the child mortality is higher in Somalia, so they make sure to produce enough kids with all these risks and factors in mind.

Btw.. It's rarely the man pushing to have kids it's mostly the women.. I also notice older women are always pushing younger women to produce lots of kids.. If a younger couple is married older women in the family will push the girl to get pregnant as soon as possible.. It is crazy.

Btw.. It's rarely the man pushing to have kids it's mostly the women.. I also notice older women are always pushing younger women to produce lots of kids.. If a younger couple is married older women in the family will push the girl to get pregnant as soon as possible.. It is crazy.

They think it prevents polygamy.

2-3 kids is the perfect amount, if you don't want to spend time renovating an extra room in your house or driving minivans :nahgirl:

Plus, it means more money and personal time to spend on your existing kids, like extracurricular activities and yearly vacations. My parents had the right idea stopping after 3

They think it prevents polygamy.
But don't they know having too many kids can put a strain on the marriage.. In my opinion it's best to plan your family and fit your planning with your time and economic capacity in that way you'll make sure to have a healthy family structure.

Their reasoning

1. Having lots of kids is sunnah.
2. Apparently, having lots of kids, especially boys makes you landheere. Older men aspire to populate their qabil.
3. Apparently, women with lots of children are prized in Somali culture.
4. Lots of kids are beneficial for parents in the future.
5. Women feel that if they give many children to a man, he is less likely to marry again.

Trending

Latest posts