Why do Somalis have so many kids?

Honestly, we are a pretty large community by Australian standards. There are around 50k of us, most of which are concentrated in Melbourne. The official number is lower because Australia only counts Somalia-borns as Somali even though most of us were born in Australia.

At least that's what I think. I've never filled out a census before.
They probably don’t add those Somalis born in Kenya or Ethiopia as well on the census.

Having too many kids is good for us in the long run. It increases the population of our ethnicity and the Ummah as a whole.
Quality over quantity. What good is 10 kids who don’t know the Quran and deen and grow up to be scammers and criminals? They’re of no use to the Ummah.

Allah is not gonna ask you why didn’t you have 10 kids, but you’ll be asked what did you teach them? How did you care for them? Etc.

meh I don't think spacing has anything to do with it, if you space it out too far then the kids can't ever connect

Spacing has everything to do with it. It’s easier financially and most importantly biologically on the mother. The reason why Somali women tend to have so many health issues is the back to back to back to back pregnancies.

Connecting with your siblings can be done with any age gap. Just because you are four or five years older than your siblings doesn’t mean you don’t have a close connection. It alsomeans there won’t be that fight for resources and extreme sibling rivalry that is common with Somalis. It also means that infants can have a full two years close with their mother and have the full attention that’s needed for such young children.

Spacing has everything to do with it. It’s easier financially and most importantly biologically on the mother. The reason why Somali women tend to have so many health issues is the back to back to back to back pregnancies.

Connecting with your siblings can be done with any age gap. Just because you are four or five years older than your siblings doesn’t mean you don’t have a close connection. It alsomeans there won’t be that fight for resources and extreme sibling rivalry that is common with Somalis. It also means that infants can have a full two years close with their mother and have the full attention that’s needed for such young children.
I never met a Somali family where the kids each had their own room. And facts to this statement. It’s because there’s very few resources to begin with, and there’s a lot of fighting in the family too. I have a theory on that.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
if i dont have atleast 100 kids then i have failed in life
Grew up sharing a room with 4+ people. House was big but not big enough for my family to live in. Not to mention I had family living with me from Africa, my crib was like kakuma 2.0. There was like 30 pair of shoes at the front door. If you plan on having lots of children make sure you have enough space for them.

Grew up sharing a room with 4+ people. House was big but not big enough for my family to live in. Not to mention I had family living with me from Africa, my crib was like kakuma 2.0. There was like 30 pair of shoes at the front door. If you plan on having lots of children make sure you have enough space for them.
Yeah a big house with lots of bedrooms

I shared my room with 4 brothers the room smelled like ass and sweat

meh I don't think spacing has anything to do with it, if you space it out too far then the kids can't ever connect

That's bs. They can still have a good relationship. My brother is 11 years younger than me and I've never felt like I wasn't connected to him. Of course, when he was young it's not like I can talk to him but I don't think that matters. I get the feeling that having them be close in age creates more problems

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
If your talking about the west than I say they want welfare and not to work is embarassing in my opinion as we know your not producing that many children for the sake of wanting children, this is why so many somali households are dysfunctional.