Why do somali mothers hide their pregnancy from their kids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somali mothers don't say they're pregnant or explain how pregnancy works to their children. The kids will be watching mom belly getting bigger and bigger with no explanation. aabo and hooyu will come home one day with a child and say takhtarka ayan ka su qaadni

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Somali mothers don't say they're pregnant or explain how pregnancy works to their children. The kids will be watching mom belly getting bigger and bigger with no explanation. aabo and hooyu will come home one day with a child and say takhtarka ayan ka su qaadni

Walahi you got an epic question! :dabcasar:siilaanyolaugh

Horta they do that when the kids are teenagers or older and it has to do with being shameful that the kids know they've done the deed and aabahood ba ku aaasey hooyadood

But idiots shouldn't be embarrassed..sex is so taboo in our society

Walahi you got an epic question! :dabcasar:siilaanyolaugh

Horta they do that when the kids are teenagers or older and it has to do with being shameful that the kids know they've done the deed and aabahood ba ku aaasey hooyadood

But idiots shouldn't be embarrassed..sex is so taboo in our society
I don't get what so shameful about it? its better if they know from their parents or else they will get the answers from plases that's not good.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Some hooyo are so ambiguous about that the child find out by her ever expanding caloool

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Stop generalizing. Some Somali parents value sex education and don't mind answering their children curious questions. I have a great relationship with my mother (alhamdulilah) and could ask her everything and she would answer as good as she could.

Young children generally don't understand the concept of sex, and usually make up their own assumptions of how a child is created.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Stop generalizing. Some Somali parents value sex education and don't mind answering their children curious questions. I have a great relationship with my mother (alhamdulilah) and could ask her everything and she would answer as good as she could.

Young children generally don't understand the concept of sex, and usually make up their own assumptions of how a child is created.

Adiga you are an exception to the rule, you are tethering on the edge of kufaarnimo from your constant support for everything that's odd with our deen.

Therefore I can see how your hooyo can tell you all about it without no Xishood

Pregnancy is considered some kinda taboo among Somalis.

Kids would ask some really uncomfortable question, like 'HOOYO, WHERE DO BABIES COME OUT FROM. OR HOW DID YOU GET PREGGO'.

No Somali mother wants to answer that.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Adiga you are an exception to the rule, you are tethering on the edge of kufaarnimo from your constant support for everything that's odd with our deen.

A mother answering a child's innocent questions does not mean supporting kufar. Stop being so backwards.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Pregnancy is considered some kinda taboo among Somalis.

Kids would ask some really uncomfortable question, like 'HOOYO, WHERE DO BABIES COME OUT FROM. OR HOW DID YOU GET PREGGO'.

No Somali mother wants to answer that.

which they should. Pregnancy is very beautiful. Children just wanna know where they came from.

200.gif

@Barni i totally agree with you. Somalis by nature are very conservative and hesitant. But sooner or later, they would have to liberalize and adopt modern thinking.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I think its not our place to get involved in adult business and some Somali Mothers maybe don't want to get the hope up for their children in case something would happen with the pregnancy,besides you will find out eventually that She's preggo

Some hooyo are so ambiguous about that the child find out by her ever expanding caloool
:drakelaugh:they're so secrtive about it you don't even wanna cross them. When I asked my little coz if he was happy about his unborn brother his mother gave the look :mugshotman: I ran for my life she made feel I was sexual pred

Bohol

VIP
I never thought about those things when I was a child. Children should be children, innocent and unadulterated. Let them find out later.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
@Barni i totally agree with you. Somalis by nature are very conservative and hesitant. But sooner or later, they would have to liberalize and adopt modern thinking.

Not just that. Somalis fear others opinion and therefor don't do any thinking of their own. Anything that goes against the common Somali belief is kufar. We can see the evidence here on SomaliSpot.

Depends on the kids age. If they are not ready for the 'birds and the bees' story then somali parents need to do a better job of making up a fantastical story to let the kids know they should expect a younger sibling. Communication is key.

The most important thing the kids must learn is the sex abuse, once they are in kindergarten explain to them Nobody Should touch their body(show them the front and back area) ask them daily for the first year did somebody touch them in that areas? Serious it is important not only in schools but with relatives and private tutors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending