Why do somali moms think its okay to cuss out their children?

I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with my mom when she didn't call me names or had something negative to say. And they repeat the same shit every time

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
It's second nature for some lol they can't help it. All you can do is try not to repeat the cycle.

Virtually every community from the 3rd world grapples with emotional and psychological abuse in their households.

I witnessed a distant relative scold her young son for the most benign thing and she called him stupid and said he wouldn't ever amount to anything; I told her that she shouldn't do that because he would internalise it... and she looked at me like

staring.gif

Parenting classes should be mandatory in high school.

vanilla

i think with my heart
:ftw9nwa:what kills me is when somali father says to his son '..eey yahow eeyga dhalay'... im like isnt he just roasting himself :ohhh::drakekidding:

I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with my mom when she didn't call me names or had something negative to say. And they repeat the same shit every time
Because Somalis have this toxic mindset that just because someone is an elder they can belittle you and that insulting you is "helping you".

Virtually every community from the 3rd world grapples with emotional and psychological abuse in their households.

I witnessed a distant relative scold her young son for the most benign thing and she called him stupid and said he wouldn't ever amount to anything; I told her that she shouldn't do that because he would internalise it... and she looked at me like

View attachment 203013

Parenting classes should be mandatory in high school.
it's like somali parents and grandparents are masters as gaslighting lol. they could tell you to kill yourself and would ask why you are offended.

Trending

Latest posts