Why do people think Somalis were slaves

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
I keep running into this argument.

Search up Somali slavery and all you'll get is Somali niggas xooging everyone in east Africa from Ethiopia to Mozambique. There was whole law in the Omani empire than banned Somalis from being enslaved and anyone would be treated as a pirate.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
nothing better then a attractive proud intelligent somali women ๐Ÿ˜

something about women into poltics make my heart melt sheโ€™s even karbaashing gaalos :wowsweat:
A xalimo karbashing Gaals and Pan Africanists while pushing Somaliweyn with a face like that.

Macaan walahi if I knew her irl I'm going on a city-wide tour through the Masjids for her abo :ohno:

I had an argument with one of my brother's friends who is Somali, he thought the Oromos were native to East Haraghe.
It's really unfortunate, and frankly, the situation in the diaspora is absolutely tragic. I was seeing on Instagram, a Somali model and a Somali woman, the woman wearing original Somali clothes, and the man wearing a Moroccan thawb, and even it is not a real thawb, imagine the amount of embarrassment there and the ignorance that exists among us men. We have forgotten how to dress culturally and historically and focus on the tribe only. As someone who lives in Arab countries, Ethiopians have much better relations than us, and they are not even close. They say that Bilqis is Ethiopian, Saba is Ethiopian, the first nation that was neither colonized nor enslaved, the Aksumite civilization, and some historical nonsense (most of it is lies), and I am not lying to you. I've encountered that, as I said. We need PR ASAP. maybe

It's really unfortunate, and frankly, the situation in the diaspora is absolutely tragic. I was seeing on Instagram, a Somali model and a Somali woman, the woman wearing original Somali clothes, and the man wearing a Moroccan thawb, and even it is not a real thawb, imagine the amount of embarrassment there and the ignorance that exists among us men. We have forgotten how to dress culturally and historically and focus on the tribe only. As someone who lives in Arab countries, Ethiopians have much better relations than us, and they are not even close. They say that Bilqis is Ethiopian, Saba is Ethiopian, the first nation that was neither colonized nor enslaved, the Aksumite civilization, and some historical nonsense (most of it is lies), and I am not lying to you. I've encountered that, as I said. We need PR ASAP. maybe
i wear a thobe and have an imana as a turban, or around my shoulders or hooded like this. this could as be considered somali style right?

i have too much hair for a kufiyad
576B9CDB-92B9-4DEF-B5F1-154AB5201042.jpeg

We need public relations in general. Most people do not actually know our history, even from the Somalis themselves. Ask any random person questions about Somalia and he will only know poverty or famine, and if he searches a little, he will say that they were rich and then became poor, unlike Ethiopia, which is seen as having a better civilization and some False narratives
Yeah I noticed Ethiopia online is seen as some great country compared to Somalia one day in some comment section I got mad at an Ethiopian he was talking about how bad Somalia is I lashed out and said why do Ethiopians act like their country is Switzerland they act like they arenโ€™t going through famines genocides ethnic fighting etc and their government is about to collapse

i wear a thobe and have an imana as a turban, or around my shoulders or hooded like this. this could as be considered somali style right?

i have too much hair for a kufiyad
View attachment 321004
It is better to wear something like this thawb. It would be better to go to the tailor if you want this. It will be tailored to you and according to your size. Do it in Saudi Arabia, but this is up to your taste. I like these same types.
IMG_0708.jpeg

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
I hit him with an EU illegal content flag, and since he has deleted the tweet, he probably lives in the EU and is still liable. Do not go easy on them.