Why do people think Somalis were slaves

That hayat girl on twitter always causes problems for us. I think she’s a communist. Her tweets are terrible and because she has a Somali flag in her bio we catch strays.

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
We’re black in their eyes, madows we’re enslaved by Europeans and had Christianity forced upon them, ppl think the Somali-Arab dynamic is the same as that, when in reality we adopted Islam over centuries thru trade and were never enslaved.

That hayat girl on twitter always causes problems for us. I think she’s a communist. Her tweets are terrible and because she has a Somali flag in her bio we catch strays.

It's because she has a twitter battle with a streamer called Destiny. Destiny has a Somali employee so he can't be as racist as he likes. His fanboys flood her mentions to be racist and make forehead and food aid jokes. She's currently beefing with beyonce fans who are mostly black American. A lot of them are stans and doxxers, I don't really get her strategy there.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
I don’t know why the title made me think of this :mjlol:
016A5CDA-1746-470B-ABE2-06F1E00BAB4E.jpeg

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
It's because she has a twitter battle with a streamer called Destiny. Destiny has a Somali employee so he can't be as racist as he likes. His fanboys flood her mentions to be racist and make forehead and food aid jokes. She's currently beefing with beyonce fans who are mostly black American. A lot of them are stans and doxxers, I don't really get her strategy there.
I used to think she was Moroccan

We need public relations in general. Most people do not actually know our history, even from the Somalis themselves. Ask any random person questions about Somalia and he will only know poverty or famine, and if he searches a little, he will say that they were rich and then became poor, unlike Ethiopia, which is seen as having a better civilization and some False narratives

We need public relations in general. Most people do not actually know our history, even from the Somalis themselves. Ask any random person questions about Somalia and he will only know poverty or famine, and if he searches a little, he will say that they were rich and then became poor, unlike Ethiopia, which is seen as having a better civilization and some False narratives

True, we need to push our history and accomplishments. Most people know of only the bad things about us from the news and the media. We should use the media like the Japanese used it. Make shows that show people Somali culture and history and they appreciate it. The Turkish make huge series on Netflix, Ertugul, the Ottomans, etc. The Koreans have their historical Kdramas. You think the average American would know anything about the Joseon era if it wasn't for Kdrama? No. This is why soft power is important.

Beyond that though, beyond teaching people our glorious history, we have to have a safe, happy, and RICH, filthy rich, Somalia. No one respects nations that don't respect themselves by doing better.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I had an argument with one of my brother's friends who is Somali, he thought the Oromos were native to East Haraghe.

wallahi i was talking to this person from MN during a family gathering. this nigga told me to my face we were colonized by arabs which is how we got islam 🤦‍♂️ . A lot of somali ppl don’t even know basic somali history unfortunately

wth i didn’t know this

She may be bringing unwanted attention to us on the timeline. But I'm desperately tryna find out what masajid her abo prays at. #ILoveLove!

Trending

Latest posts