Why do people judge how successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Other are by the job they get or how good their grades are or what university they want to.

This isn't going to help you become rich or make a ton of money and it's very limiting. I'm not trying to devalue it in anyway but it all seems like away to make you the best employees. This made think me to another point. Why does everyone want to be a employee?

Last edited:
Other are by the job they get or how good their grades are or what university they want to.

This isn't going to help you become rich or make a ton of money and it's very limiting. I'm not trying to devalue it in anyway but it all seems like away to make you the best employees. This made think me to another point. Why does everyone want to be a employee?

:what1::what1:To get a job that'll sustain you in this capitalistic society, why else? To positively contribute to society in the long run? You're thinking to deep about this, walaal :whoa:

Lostbox

VIP
:what1::what1:To get a job that'll sustain you in this capitalistic society, why else? To positively contribute to society in the long run? You're thinking to deep about this, walaal :whoa:
Why does it seem like people with jobs are living paycheck to paycheck or is everyone exaggerating? Also, why do we have to retire at old age?

Why does it seem like people with jobs I living paycheck to paycheck or his everyone exaggerating? Also, why do we have to retire at old age?

Save at least 3-6 months worth of your monthly paychecks over a certain period of time and I promise you, sxb, you won't end up living paycheck to paycheck.

Not everyone retires at an old age, some retire far earlier and many others don't have the luxury to retire. It's simply an unfortunate by-product of living in a free-market society, walaal, you'll get use to it. :ummhmm:

Lostbox

VIP
Save at least 3-6 months worth of your monthly paychecks over a certain period of time and I promise you, sxb, you won't end up living paycheck to paycheck.

Not everyone retires at an old age, some retire far earlier and many others don't have the luxury to retire. It's simply an unfortunate by-product of living in a free-market society, walaal, you'll get use to it. :ummhmm:
What how does a job make you wealthy? saving and investing is to slow.

What how does a job make you wealthy? saving and investing is to slow.

Who cares about the job, sxb? A job only serves the purpose of initiating your wealth and putting some of it in your hands. It's your job to spend it wisely. Saving and investing allows you to maintain that wealth and let it flourish. My economics teacher once gave me an example of two different doctors who earned the same amount of money but spent their money very differently. Dr. North blew all of his money on foolish materialistic things and didn't invest his money in the long run. Dr. South was very cautious about what he spent his earnings on and invested heavily in his future. In the end, despite making the same amount of money, it was ultimately Dr. South who became the far wealthier of two. You can't just not save and expect to become wealthy, even if you do have a job that pays quite nicely.

I get what you are saying, but the majority have to become workers, while few provides jobs for them. I would rather invest my money instead of saving it, and start my own company instead of working for one. But in reality, not everyone has this luxury and not everyone has the same drive. Most people in the world don't have access to good information and lack the proper connections and environment to cultivate good innovative spirits.

I actually myself don't understand why so many chooses to work for a company their whole life without even trying to establish their own.

You must understand that human beings are driven by impulses and our feelings override the logical part of the brain. So most of us spend our money on short-term oriented things, this in economics we call liabilities. While smart business minded people only put their money on assets.

Last edited:

Lostbox

VIP
Who cares about the job, sxb? A job only serves the purpose of initiating your wealth and putting some of it in your hands. It's your job to spend it wisely. Saving and investing allows you to maintain that wealth and let it flourish. My economics teacher once gave me an example of two different doctors who earned the same amount of money but spent their money very differently. Dr. North blew all of his money on foolish materialistic things and didn't invest his money in the long run. Dr. South was very cautious about what he spent his earnings on and invested heavily in his future. In the end, despite making the same amount of money, it was ultimately Dr. South who became the far wealthier of two. You can't just not save and expect to become wealthy, even if you do have a job that pays quite nicely.

I understand but I the same time I don't understand. Why do we a system that we have to pinch every penny in are youth, middle age till we are an elder to enjoy a future that is not guaranteed? What if you die before then or you get fired and struggle to get a job. The worst part is not in enjoying the luxury now. I don't think 99% of people can even by a economical car out right forget that one forth of people can't take £500 our of their bank if you asked. Also how do you scales time with a salary? Other then leveraging others?

I understand but I the same time I don't understand. Why do we a system that we have to pinch every penny in are youth, middle age till we are an elder to enjoy a future that is not guaranteed? What if you die before then or you get fired and struggle to get a job. The worst part is not in enjoying the luxury now. I don't think 99% of people can even by a economical car out right forget that one forth of people can't take £500 our of their bank if you asked. Also how do you scales time with a salary? Other then leveraging others?

What do you want to do about it, sxb? There are many programs put in place in many countries that cushion people whom fall to unfortunate circumstances that hinder their ability to sustain themselves (i.e whether that's the unemployed with unemployment benefits, social security for the elderly, food stamps for the poor, the disabled with disability benefits, etc.). We all have to play our part in order to create a strong economy and ultimately society.

Lostbox

VIP
I get what you are saying, but the majority have to become workers, while few provides jobs for them. I would rather invest my money instead of saving it, and start my own company instead of working for one. But in reality, not everyone has this luxury and not everyone has the same drive. Most people in the world don't have access to good information and lack the proper connections and environment to cultivate good innovative spirits.

I actually myself don't understand why so many chooses to work for a company their whole life without even trying to establish their own.

You must understand that human beings are driven by impulses and our feelings override the logical part of the brain. So most of us spend our money on short-term oriented things, this in economics we call liabilities. While smart business minded people only put their money on assets.

Yet, they complain about houses being expensive, dream cars they can't afford or the holidays they want to go but they don't take control and blame the government, rich people and so on. most of them are unhappy about their situation but these people went to good uni got, the best grades and a great job an they are what we call successful. Why?

Last edited:

Lostbox

VIP
What do you want to do about it, sxb? There are many programs put in place in many countries that cushion people whom fall to unfortunate circumstances that hinder their ability to sustain themselves (i.e whether that's the unemployed with unemployment benefits, social security for the elderly, food stamps for the poor, the disabled with disability benefits, etc.). We all have to play our part in order to create a strong economy and ultimately society.
It's great that society it getting is value and built a safety net for us but how will this help build fast wealth?

Yet, they complcom about houses being expensive, dream cars they can't afford or the holidays they want to go but they take control and blmeb the government, rich people and so on. most of them are unhappy about their situation but these people went to good uni got the best grades and they are what we call successful. Why?
It is a complicated subject. You can write hundrends of pages on this issue.

The thing is, formal education forms the individual to fit in to society. Being booksmart doesn't always equate to genuine intelligence. I knew people from school who had better grades than me, but they couldn't even think out of the box or form their own theories based on certain set of factors. This means that traits that are favoured in schools are not really that practical in reality. Sure more education increases the probability of success, but most of us gets drilled into being the perfect worker.

We live in a flawed capitalist system. The schools are outdated, and the people often have to use their whole life to pay back the debt on the information they learned in these schools. It's a trap. And the economy is actually better if people spend their money on things they can't afford. So they make sure to not teach you how to be responsible with your money. Because if everyone were more smart in handling their money, this would lead to decrease in consumer spending and less economic growth.

Last edited:
It's great that society it getting is value and built a safety net for us but how will this help build fast wealth?
It doesn't. The safety net and the economic and social structure are there to help you reach the middle class, but not to make you rich. That's why you have to be more creative, daring and independent if you want to become really rich.

What's the point of becoming "really rich"? So you can afford to buy stupid and overpriced shit that have no practical use? If that's your motivation, stop right there. It's pointless, you're not gonna get there with that short-sighted mindset. Gonna blow your million bucks faster than you even got it. Humble yourself down, and aim for stable middle-class.

Lostbox

VIP
Thank you @The alchemist. Before I go (it's past 2) why do people play in this systems? It seem like everyone is broke or a paycheck from being so and up in arms in debt. They all unhappy and on antidepressants trying to keep up with their neighbors, friends and the fake image they are doing well.

Last edited:
Thank you @The alchemist. Before I go (it's past 2) why do people play in this systems? It seem like everone is broke or a paycheck from being so and up in arms in debt all. They all unhappy and on antidepressants trying to keep up with their neighbors, friends and the fake image they are doing well.

You act like they have a choice. They don't. That's our only means of surviving in this society.

Lostbox

VIP
What's the point of becoming "really rich"? So you can afford to buy stupid and overpriced shit that have no practical use? If that's your motivation, stop right there. It's pointless, you're not gonna get there with that short-sighted mindset. Gonna blow your million bucks faster than you even got it. Humble yourself down, and aim for stable middle-class.

Honestly, it because I want to carry on living my life style but I'm not as smart, hard work as my dad or his friends. They all in the system of get good grades, go uni then get a job but they all created successful business and living how ever they want. Mostly important, they are the only people I see truly live life and are happy.

Thank you @The alchemist. Before I go (it's past 2) why do people play in this systems? It seem like everone is broke or a paycheck from being and up in arms in debt. They all unhappy and on antidepressants trying to keep up with their neighbors, friends and the fake image they are doing well.
It is because we as human beings prefer structure. Human beings likes their life easy and not complicated. We tell ourselves that we love freedom, but in reality we don't.

If you gave human beings a choice between 20 different coffee and tea brands, they would be confused. They would be more comfortable if you offered them a choice between 4 instead. We act and live life as if we love freedom, but really deep down we like to be controlled and be told what to do and how to do it to keep things simple.

Theoretically everyone of these people would say more choices is better because you get more variety, but in real life no one likes this. We hate to process too much information because we are lazy, and this is the majority of people.While the people that love to process much information and more variables have a much higher chance of becoming successful.

That's why education is a straight and easy way to go, because everything is laid out before you. Do you know what human beings are the most afraid of? Being different than their neighbours. We all want to fit in.

Look at this. People would rather have a chocolate bar instead of a silver bar.

Last edited:
No, you are not quite right there. To me, money is just a means to an end. It is power and influence, i can control my reality much easier with least amount of resistance. And secondly, we need generational wealth in our communities, that's the difference between us and the successful. Money can actually build infrastructure in somalia, it can create organisations and have real impact on peoples lives. If you want to realise your worldview, then you need to be good at the game. But this route is only reserved for people with ambition.

If i have the chance to move higher and do more, why would i settle for a normal life?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending