Why do people judge how successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Other are by the job they get or how good their grades are or what university they want to.

This isn't going to help you become rich or make a ton of money and it's very limiting. I'm not trying to devalue it in anyway but it all seems like away to make you the best employees. This made think me to another point. Why does everyone want to be a employee?
It isn't about that. It's about their egos. Most people are fucking dumb man. They have no brains and no actual personality or substance in their personality, so they look at material things and focus on that as a metric for one's success. That makes it easy for them to feel good about themselves when they interact with others. In the end of the day, everyone and their grandma knows these asshats are boring as f*ck to converse with, because they speak about things that are redundant.

"Hey man, just had a killer talk about the growth of the company with the boss man."

Now the sentence above would be great if the person saying this was an actual stakeholder for the company, because this growth will directly effect his/her life.

But if you're an employee with a flat rate of pay, then this does nothing for you. Hence, this type of conversational fluff is just to fill the air with conversation for conversation's sake.

This is one of the most annoying aspects of my job. Every conference meeting is basically an hour long dick measuring contest to see who can talk the most, even if the relevance is non-existent.

There were many times where I'd look at my manager and ask the simple question, "How would this idea help? What objectives are we trying to achieve?"

Their response: "Oh, I just feel like it needs to be done."

Fucking retards man.

It isn't about that. It's about their egos. Most people are fucking dumb man. They have no brains and no actual personality or substance in their personality, so they look at material things and focus on that as a metric for one's success. That makes it easy for them to feel good about themselves when they interact with others. In the end of the day, everyone and their grandma knows these asshats are boring as f*ck to converse with, because they speak about things that are redundant.

"Hey man, just had a killer talk about the growth of the company with the boss man."

Now the sentence above would be great if the person saying this was an actual stakeholder for the company, because this growth will directly effect his/her life.

But if you're an employee with a flat rate of pay, then this does nothing for you. Hence, this type of conversational fluff is just to fill the air with conversation for conversation's sake.

This is one of the most annoying aspects of my job. Every conference meeting is basically an hour long **** measuring contest to see who can talk the most, even if the relevance is non-existent.

There were many times where I'd look at my manager and ask the simple question, "How would this idea help? What objectives are we trying to achieve?"

Their response: "Oh, I just feel like it needs to be done."

Fucking retards man.
What's your job?

Shift Assistant in Amazon's logistics department. Basically, I oversee the operation on the ground and troubleshoot problems.
Cool. Jeff Bezos are making big moves.

I feel you dude. People are just people. They all want to be something their not, so they use their whole life overcompensating for their insecurities and the need to have the upper hand, and this attitude is created from their early years. People are just a product of their environment. On the other side, it makes it easier to predict people's behaviour.

Is working at amazon your end goal?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Cool. Jeff Bezos are making big moves.

I feel you dude. People are just people. They all want to be something their not, so they use their whole life overcompensating for their insecurities and the need to have the upper hand, and this attitude is created from their early years. People are just a product of their environment. On the other side, it makes it easier to predict people's behaviour.

Is working at amazon your end goal?
Not necessarily. Basically, I joined the company cause I graduated uni and needed a job. So since logistics is my first "real" job, I've accepted it as my professional industry. So my next goal is being a logistics manager by the middle of 2019 no matter what.

My end goal is to earn enough money to retire early and do whatever I want. Working for my entire life isn't something I'm interested in. Not because I dislike work, but because the majority of stuff I like doesn't earn money, so I'd need enough to buy the time needed to live my life as freely as possible.

I've saved a lot of money so far, and am interested in being a conservative investor and really watch my money and not spend stupidly. That way I can live the life I want in the future.

Not necessarily. Basically, I joined the company cause I graduated uni and needed a job. So since logistics is my first "real" job, I've accepted it as my professional industry. So my next goal is being a logistics manager by the middle of 2019 no matter what.

My end goal is to earn enough money to retire early and do whatever I want. Working for my entire life isn't something I'm interested in. Not because I dislike work, but because the majority of stuff I like doesn't earn money, so I'd need enough to buy the time needed to live my life as freely as possible.

I've saved a lot of money so far, and am interested in being a conservative investor and really watch my money and not spend stupidly. That way I can live the life I want in the future.
I understand. Saving money and investing it is very important. People are not long-term oriented, and they succumb to short-term impulse driven decisions that ties them down and makes them less flexible if an opportunity arises.

I personally share the same sentiment concerning not wanting to work your whole life, but with a different agenda. Focusing on creating my own company would be the most logical approach for me at this point.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I understand. Saving money and investing it is very important. People are not long-term oriented, and they succumb to short-term impulse driven decisions that ties them down and makes them less flexible if an opportunity arises.

I personally share the same sentiment concerning not wanting to work your whole life, but with a different agenda. Focusing on creating my own company would be the most logical approach for me at this point.
Makes sense bro. Do it on your own and your growth is under your control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts