Why do only white people have hobbies

It occurred to me while scrolling through YouTube shorts and I saw a guy who was building his own little spear head from glass using dear antler. That all of these diy and hobbyist guys I see on the internet are almost all white. Wether it's building things or learning about obscure history or langauge . Even the people who travel to different countries and pick up completely new lifestyles are those white youtubers. This diffrence becomes even more stark when you focus only on black and African people vs white people.

Everyman should have a hobby. It develops character and leads to great things. I agree that it seems to be a part of the white culture. This is something Somalis could seriously benefit from.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I think guys just need to added something else in their gaming time. Personally, I enjoy gardening, reading fantasy books and bird photography but I don't post it online. Only family and close friends know about my hobby.

I've tried woodworking, hiking, cycling, and so much more over the years but nothing really sticks

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Bit of an absurd post, walaal. Non-whites aren't as prolific on the web but as someone who grew up in a multi-ethnic part of the 3rd world (UAE) and travelled a bit, we ethnics hobby about just as much.

Funny title lol. Asians have hobbies too, I like Japanese miniature art. Hobbies come from having leisure time and living in a place where you don't have to struggle to survive and that's why you see a discrepancy. Everyone can benefit from a hobby, it's good for the brain.

It occurred to me while scrolling through YouTube shorts and I saw a guy who was building his own little spear head from glass using dear antler. That all of these diy and hobbyist guys I see on the internet are almost all white. Wether it's building things or learning about obscure history or langauge . Even the people who travel to different countries and pick up completely new lifestyles are those white youtubers. This diffrence becomes even more stark when you focus only on black and African people vs white people.
I personally stopped watching any content created by the jmadows. its always racial based and victimhood mindset. Also you have to have hobbies alot of people just still collect stuff from there childhood or do certain activities from there childhood and later this will be deemed a hobby and you can start making money from it for instance if start making youtube about your hobby youll eventually get a following. My hobby is still what is was a child which is collecting trading cards and now i make money reselling them.

Bit of an absurd post, walaal. Non-whites aren't as prolific on the web but as someone who grew up in a multi-ethnic part of the 3rd world (UAE) and travelled a bit, we ethnics hobby about just as much.
I can't lie it was a bit of an exaggeration and more towards what I see on the English speaking side. But the gap is still huge maybe hobby is not the right word. But almost anytime I see somebody doing some intresting side projects or weird or unusual skill/craft on YouTube or shorts their white. Of course you will still see the occasional asian or brown person and more rarely black person. But its like 90% white and I definitely think it speaks to something.

Funny title lol. Asians have hobbies too, I like Japanese miniature art. Hobbies come from having leisure time and living in a place where you don't have to struggle to survive and that's why you see a discrepancy. Everyone can benefit from a hobby, it's good for the brain.
This is true but I feel like it's a cope to a certain extent. It's not even about health benefits but just doing interesting projects/hobbies for the heck of it. There are outliers like yourself and people on this forum. But almost any niche subject or hobby you can find on the internet or youtube is dominated by like 95% white people. It's not even about money for example I think somalis are probably as a group way more obessed/intrested in history than other Africans. You can see this just by seeing how much we try to find info even through barely any academic research has been done.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalis will tease other Somalis if they have hobbies or interests. Other Blacks to a lesser extent but not like Somalis.

White people film obscure hobbies and it comes down to how in general certain economic privileges gives them time to make videos about it.

Hobbies are just interests. Everyone has interests to some degree. Most people enjoy sports, that's a hobby. All hobby do not have to look like this:
1712327749450.png

I'm not against people finding a mini-craft, but it's all for pleasure at the end of the day. What I like to spend time on does not have to be what make others tick in their personal time.

White people film obscure hobbies and it comes down to how in general certain economic privileges gives them time to make videos about it.

Hobbies are just interests. Everyone has interests to some degree. Most people enjoy sports, that's a hobby. All hobby do not have to look like this:View attachment 323534

I'm not against people finding a mini-craft, but it's all for pleasure at the end of the day. What I like to spend time on does not have to be what make others tick in their personal time.
My intrest is less in what hobbies say about a person at the individual level. But more about what this tells us at a societal level and who produces online content seems to be generally represnative of who consumed it or is intested in it. It looks like that outside of very broad culutral phenomenon like sports or anime. everything else seems to overwhelmingly skew towards white people.

Their culture is more creative whereas African culture is more survivalist and we don't focus on those things.

I think guys just need to added something else in their gaming time. Personally, I enjoy gardening, reading fantasy books and bird photography but I don't post it online. Only family and close friends know about my hobby.

I've tried woodworking, hiking, cycling, and so much more over the years but nothing really sticks
u might wanna rethink doing bird photography if ur photos come under the heading of tasweer

Trending