Why do only white people have hobbies

It's true. You will be teased and called cadaan washed if you have hobbies like fishing or snowboarding.

The psychology of it is interesting though. Why is this the case?
Their culture is more creative whereas African culture is more survivalist and we don't focus on those things.

Not sure this is true- a massive over-generalisation.

It's not like Somalis didn't have hobbies back in the day there's a lot of different activities people would do.

:deadpeter:
The tendency to almost solely ascribe universal human traits (positive ones) to white people really should be studied

:deadpeter:
The tendency to almost solely ascribe universal human traits (positive ones) to white people really should be studied
It's not that there the only ones who have these traits(although in my case I was talking about how it seems almost any content online about a hobby or niche topic is almost solely produced by white people) it's that most people you find with these traits seem to be white.

The reason I posted this thread is that ties into my changing positions on Africa's underdeveloped and it's history and how western cvilization is portrayed over the last several months. I've realize a lot of the common narratives are mostly feel good b.s . And when you dig deeper just seem to come from the inability to accept reality. This has huge effects for the futre . There are three big points.

1) limited economic growth- there will be no africa century/africa rising. Nigeria is now back to the same gdp per capita as they're were in 1984. And most of africa has undergone very little industrialization. East africa still has a decent change thank to the indiean ocean trade.

2) the decline of african intellectuals- the theories about decolonization/disocurse are the same as 40 years ago. The level of discourse itself has only declined and it looks african intellectuals are dumber today than 40 years ago (this doesn't just apply to african intellectuals but it impacts africs more)

3) the tech tree - this is the biggest one the idea that you can leapfrog technologies is bullshit. You need to slowly build up manufacturing base to create more advanced technologies and as tech becomes more advanced this becomes harder and the incentives even worse.

I think communities in the western world have more of a general affluence and therefore can afford to do other things outside of their productive activities related to work. So i can see why it might appear that way to you.

It also could be another implication to this that they hate their day-jobs and trying to escape from it

Trending