Why do most guys under 30 have no friends?

Do you have friends?

• No

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 0 to 5 friends

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • 10 to 20 friends

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 20+ friends

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I've been volunteering at a local foodbank. The few younger guys there have literally zero social life outside of gaming, work or uni/college. The only reason they are at the foodbank is because of their family.

What surprise me most them have zero friends. They are just so lonely? Why is it because of the pandemic?

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I remember niggas in my hs used to say having friends is gay, & that they only have acquaintances.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Most young men in the west are lonley due to the fact there is no real "male spaces" anymore for most guys to just hangout. Gaming sort of fills that gap but it's not real life so it leaves many addicted and dependant on their computer/console which is obviously unhealthy.
In the rest of the world, Men could fall back on their clan/tribe for support, but in the west there are no tribes anymore due to the catholic church banning cousin marriage which broke down the clan system and led to the invention of the nuclear family.
The problem is, now the nuclear family is being attacked and is currently breaking apart in the west as well which now leaves men with no support structure to fall back on.
This leaves Young Men vulnerable as they are actively sought out by extremist groups which is one of the reasons we are seeing the rise of the far right which has it's ranks filled with lonely and angry young men who have no stake in society anymore which is a dangerous thing.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
Most young men in the west are lonley due to the fact there is no real "male spaces" anymore for most guys to just hangout. Gaming sort of fills that gap but it's not real life so it leaves many addicted and dependant on their computer/console which is obviously unhealthy.
In the rest of the world, Men could fall back on their clan/tribe for support, but in the west there are no tribes anymore due to the catholic church banning cousin marriage which broke down the clan system and led to the invention of the nuclear family.
The problem is, now the nuclear family is being attacked and is currently breaking apart in the west as well which now leaves men with no support structure to fall back on.
This leaves Young Men vulnerable as they are actively sought out by extremist groups which is one of the reasons we are seeing the rise of the far right which has it's ranks filled with lonely and angry young men who have no stake in society anymore which is a dangerous thing.
You sound like you have experience in this matter.

shits rough I have about 1 friend I see regularly and another 4 or 5 I talk to thats about it, but I used to have like 40 plus shit is hard

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Were these Somalis? Whenever I see Somali youth, they are always in large groups (5-10). I thought nothing changed. They probably ain't close though and only come together to play ball, smoke weed and go after the hunnies.

Don't think this friend issue effecting gaalo in the west is an issue with Somalis. I have 9 friends of various ethnicites. We got a very extroverted culture so I always found it it easy to make friends

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Were these Somalis? Whenever I see Somali youth, they are always in large groups (5-10). I thought nothing changed. They probably ain't close though and only come together to play ball, smoke weed and go after the hunnies.
Tbh do u really think bubbly extroverted somalis would be on somalispot?😂😂😂

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Why are they at a food bank if they work?
Do you have any idea of the economic situation as of now? My two sisters would be considered middle class have used a food bank. Times are extremely tough. Please be more aware of what you say.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Damn is it that bad in America? I thought the uk was bad
This senile man hasn't done anything and gives empty promises. As well as, my sisters have a lot of college debt and were helping out my parents financially.

Tbh I hanged out with atleast 25+ individuals and got to know them enough to call them a friend.

some closer to others icl, as for close friends that number would range from 5-10.

and even within that I have a closer closer friend group which is a trio. But as they always say, there’s a duo in every trio :denzelnigga:

Trending

Latest posts