Why do men stare @ me?

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
Read the full post before judging me. For context, I’m a hijabi. I dress pretty modestly, I wear pants and really baggy long shirts most of the time. If not that, I’m wearing a hoodie. Also I never wear colour just black or grey.

My parents are really busy these days and since I’m 19 now, they expect me to contribute by going grocery shopping and running other errands for them. But now I don’t really feel like doing that anymore because men make me uncomfortable.

Somali men and adeers are pretty respectful. They’ll look at you once, they might even say hi and carry on. Madow men on the other hand do some next level shit. On three occasions in the past month, when I’m walking alone in the parking lot they’ve slowed down there cars next to me just to look at me and smile. One time this Haitian guy rolled down his window to talk to me and I just ran away. Yesterday I was a bit tired so I decided to go get a drink and sit in the food court. This Madow guy sat at a table in front of me and was on his phone but kept staring at me as he spoke on the phone. Then he got up to leave and winked at me wtf.

Last week I was helping a disabled Somali lady organize her garage and I was throwing something out in the dumpster near her house. These two Arab taxi drivers ( they were in two separate cars) slow down and wave at me then motion for me to come to them. Mind you this was on a small narrow street so there were many cars behind them honking for them to keep going. They ignored it though and kept motioning for me to come to them. I ignored them then ran back to the woman’s house and when I looked back they were still there waving.

What do you guys think I should do? It makes me super uncomfortable. I literally have a heart attack everytime I’m walking alone and some random Madow or other fob slows down to look or talk to me. I know I might sound overdramatic but there have been a lot of kidnappings and sex trafficking cases in my region which makes me worry even more. I wear no colour and I wear a hijab so things like this don’t happen to me yet they still happen. Now I’m too scared to go outside with a friend or a cousin. Any advice? Should I start wearing a niqab?

Easy.

Go marry.

You wrote a whole post on the lust of men. This is prime example of the naivety of western grown children.

Why do you think the religion demands you cover yourself?

It’s cause you’re a hijabi. A lot of men target us cause we stand out and we are seen as less human than other women. I’ve had men grab me in public before and cat call me while wearing skirts, hijabs and long sleeve shirt. Kuffar men have no sense of shame and have become so desensitized to nudity that they lust/fetishize covered women now. They are a bunch of weirdos I despise gaalo men at levels.

You dont have to be attractive for a man to look at you and want to have sex with you men are dogs they wouldnt mind fucking a ugly girl and moving on

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Easy.

Go marry.

You wrote a whole post on the lust of men. This is prime example of the naivety of western grown children.

Why do you think the religion demands you cover yourself?
What??? Like being married is gonna suddenly war off all the predators and creeps:westbrookwtf:. The "lust of men" has jack shit to do with women waxyahow.
If you even bothered to read any of the comments you'd knows she's already covered, its ain't doing shit! Women in niqabs get catcalled and harassed everyday. I can't believe nobody called this bogus ass comment out😷

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
What??? Like being married is gonna suddenly war off all the predators and creeps:westbrookwtf:. The "lust of men" has jack shit to do with women waxyahow.
If you even bothered to read any of the comments you'd knows she's already covered, its ain't doing shit! Women in niqabs get catcalled and harassed everyday. I can't believe nobody called this bogus ass comment out😷

Can you please call out all the other bogus comments I iterated on this forum as well please? :wow1:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Read the full post before judging me. For context, I’m a hijabi. I dress pretty modestly, I wear pants and really baggy long shirts most of the time. If not that, I’m wearing a hoodie. Also I never wear colour just black or grey.

My parents are really busy these days and since I’m 19 now, they expect me to contribute by going grocery shopping and running other errands for them. But now I don’t really feel like doing that anymore because men make me uncomfortable.

Somali men and adeers are pretty respectful. They’ll look at you once, they might even say hi and carry on. Madow men on the other hand do some next level shit. On three occasions in the past month, when I’m walking alone in the parking lot they’ve slowed down there cars next to me just to look at me and smile. One time this Haitian guy rolled down his window to talk to me and I just ran away. Yesterday I was a bit tired so I decided to go get a drink and sit in the food court. This Madow guy sat at a table in front of me and was on his phone but kept staring at me as he spoke on the phone. Then he got up to leave and winked at me wtf.

Last week I was helping a disabled Somali lady organize her garage and I was throwing something out in the dumpster near her house. These two Arab taxi drivers ( they were in two separate cars) slow down and wave at me then motion for me to come to them. Mind you this was on a small narrow street so there were many cars behind them honking for them to keep going. They ignored it though and kept motioning for me to come to them. I ignored them then ran back to the woman’s house and when I looked back they were still there waving.

What do you guys think I should do? It makes me super uncomfortable. I literally have a heart attack everytime I’m walking alone and some random Madow or other fob slows down to look or talk to me. I know I might sound overdramatic but there have been a lot of kidnappings and sex trafficking cases in my region which makes me worry even more. I wear no colour and I wear a hijab so things like this don’t happen to me yet they still happen. Now I’m too scared to go outside with a friend or a cousin. Any advice? Should I start wearing a niqab?
Sadly, this is a part of being a woman. While I've experienced a few shameless women checking me out, unwanted attention and more but it's not remotely close to what my sisters have to deal with even when I'm right next to them.

It's unfortunate not much can done about it

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
They’re trying to hook up / wife you. If you’re not ready or don’t want to, that’s fine. Just walk away. But stop with all the running away nonsense

Look I don't know where you live or how it is being a woman. But stay safe and get married like someone else said. Find a husband cuz he will be your protector make sure you choose a righteous man with a good head on his shoulders.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Lol these gen z generation think cat calling and Approaching women is now harassment. Back in the 90s this was normal. Just tell him not interested and he will go away. Dont be so autistic

Lol these gen z generation think cat calling and Approaching women is now harassment. Back in the 90s this was normal. Just tell him not interested and he will go away. Dont be so autistic
Don’t be rude. How would you feel if a 6 ft 8 Haitian man with yellow eyes and big ass muscles came up to you in a parking lot then proceeds to circle around you in a car when you don’t talk to him... some ppl r extreme it’s not normal flirting and plus they should respect my hijab

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Don’t be rude. How would you feel if a 6 ft 8 Haitian man with yellow eyes and big ass muscles came up to you in a parking lot then proceeds to circle around you in a car when you don’t talk to him... some ppl r extreme it’s not normal flirting and plus they should respect my hijab
Move to a muslim country then if you want hijab respected or stay with a mahram at all times that is the only way youll be safe. The West can be degenerate and cruel at times.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah

@Boqorada @Dibleyy @Amirah @romanzolanski ouch 4 qashins??? Reverse this.

@minaaa

I'd tell you what I would tell my sister if she came up to me with this problem.

Depending on my mood, I am that Haitian dude who rolled down his window to talk to you. As a woman, getting unwarranted male attention is something that will be just part of your life. If you shy away, like a bully with a weak victim, you'll only attract more attention.

You wear Hijab and covering so that it is easier for Muslim men to avert their gaze from you, to respect you. But you don't live in a Muslim country.

You seem shy af, especially when you've come to realize the fundamental thing all men seek from a woman. It doesn't matter how well you cover up or hide, a dude's gaze will always be there to intrude upon your space.

I taught my sister to retort back. To have a spine of her own when someone invades her personal space.

You ask what you should do, learn to cultivate and protect your own personal space. If someone makes you uncomfortable, you have a voice, you have hands, use them to protect your personal space.

Did you not have any brothers to pick on you growing up? How do you have a heart attack from random niggas hollering at you? Find the biggest stick or rock and either throw or bash at them them. The world will never bow down to you acquiesce to anyone. If you don't find your owm voice/power, you will be hollard at till death.

I tease my sister endlessly. I've helped her learn when to tell me to **** off. Learn and be comfortable telling people that you don't like to ***** off.

@Boqorada @Dibleyy @romanzolanski I can't believe you gave me qashin. Reverse it.

Last edited:

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
If I'm catching eyes it's either cos I'm looking like money worth the respect.

Or those tough looks got a challenge coming.
Just think it over (Serious Serious)

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
I normally have the eyes on the best looking lasses so when they spark my attention it's cause they either was looking too good to just be iris candy for memory to savor or there was just something I liked about them that was worth the shot.

Could be any number of things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When I listen to my gut intuition I input down on these posts you know I'm right.

Sorry to hear that sis. But sadly there is nothing you can do and have to realise most women deal with this. You have to learn how to block this and keep it moving. Don’t let strangers who don’t give fvck about you bring you down and have such negative effect on your life.

@Boqorada @Dibleyy @Amirah @romanzolanski ouch 4 qashins??? Reverse this.

@minaaa

I'd tell you what I would tell my sister if she came up to me with this problem.

Depending on my mood, I am that Haitian dude who rolled down his window to talk to you. As a woman, getting unwarranted male attention is something that will be just part of your life. If you shy away, like a bully with a weak victim, you'll only attract more attention.

You wear Hijab and covering so that it is easier for Muslim men to avert their gaze from you, to respect you. But you don't live in a Muslim country.

You seem shy af, especially when you've come to realize the fundamental thing all men seek from a woman. It doesn't matter how well you cover up or hide, a dude's gaze will always be there to intrude upon your space.

I taught my sister to retort back. To have a spine of her own when someone invades her personal space.

You ask what you should do, learn to cultivate and protect your own personal space. If someone makes you uncomfortable, you have a voice, you have hands, use them to protect your personal space.

Did you not have any brothers to pick on you growing up? How do you have a heart attack from random niggas hollering at you? Find the biggest stick or rock and either throw or bash at them them. The world will never bow down to you acquiesce to anyone. If you don't find your owm voice/power, you will be hollard at till death.

I tease my sister endlessly. I've helped her learn when to tell me to **** off. Learn and be comfortable telling people that you don't like to ***** off.

@Boqorada @Dibleyy @romanzolanski I can't believe you gave me qashin. Reverse it.
Thank you for that. And no my brothers are very nice. One of them is my twin and we don’t really tease each other but if we do it doesn’t feel as threatening as having a random ass man come at you when you’re alone...you understand. I’m shy because I mostly don’t go out and the only people I hang out with are family members. But yeah I’ve had a conversation with my whole family and they’ve all told me to be more assertive. My and all my female cousins are starting self defence classes so wish us luck💙💙

Where do you live, walaal? I'm guessing the US. It seems very unsafe and full of degenerates. If you're old enough, I suggest you start saving up for a car, so you don't have to walk everywhere and encounter the creeps on the streets. Buy some pepper spray or bear mace for self-defense. Always be aware of your surroundings. This world is full of sick f*cks that are capable of anything. I keep pepper spray and a pocketknife on me 24/7.

Men will creep on you even if you were to wear a full burqa. Just make dua when you leave your house and Allah will protect.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Do not give them eye contact. I once flirted with a random guy on the traffic while driving. It was one of those long smiles and wiggles of eyes, The motckfuer followed me to my home. I had to stop at a police station parking lot for him to back off. Like encountering a wild bear or wild beast- do not give eye contact.

Disclosure: It was Halloween ,and i was dressed like a hooker.

Trending

Latest posts