Why do foreigners believe Somaliland is a paradise?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Others see Somalia's potential than ourselves! We are blind! Cursed people or berbers!

It's like when you see a normal functioning person in a hell hole neighbourhood. It almost seems miraculous.
Also westerners like underdog (lack of recognition) and redemption stories (beating the tyrant dictator).

Somaliland has it all.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
It's Somalianders posting about themselves yesterday they said an Emirates airplane almost collided with another aircraft over Somalia but "Somaliland Civil Aviation" prevented the disaster. Emirates made a statement saying it never happened.

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
It's not PR. Somalia is objectively hell on earth. You are just desensitized to it.
Southern Somalia is much more developed, the only problem is al shabab if the government can get rid of that, then they can be much more prosperous than the north, and Somalia ain’t hell on earth I lived there for 1 year my life was normal.

What positives can you take from Somalia? At least Somaliland provides somewhat of a positive image for somali people, i'd rather someone can take something good than it being all negative.

Look at the comments!
Because it is a miricale by most standards. Zero loans, zero debt, zero foreign ownership yet a currency, a public sector, a paid civil sector. It is amazing by any standards. In terms of stewardship really you cant get any better. Sure there has been recent failures but its original development is a marvel.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
Wallahi puntland is so much more developed than somaliland, yet u don’t see us going on whole PR campaign against Somalia, you fucking idoors man, scum of Somalia.
woah chill Aja.He’s gonna talk about how empty Puntland is :dead:

Wallahi puntland is so much more developed than somaliland, yet u don’t see us going on whole PR campaign against Somalia, you fucking idoors man, scum of Somalia.

We aren't a part of Somalia.

Puntland is irrelevant. Vast majority of the people in the south and central and that's where the problems are.

Trending

Latest posts