Are arabs white?

• This is a joke right? Of course not.

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Yes, and I'll explain.

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...call themselves white? I've been noticing this more and more lately on the internet. The ones who are most likely to say it are North Africans, followed by those from the Levant. Does anyone know why they call themselves white?
:hmm:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
...call themselves white? I've been noticing this more and more lately on the internet. The ones who are most likely to say it are North Africans, followed by those from the Levant. Does anyone know why they call themselves white?
:hmm:
leventines and north africans say they are white becouse they view white people to be better then arabs and other asians and blacks and have a favorable view of them, it also helps them intergrate in europe.

north africans view themselves as white to stay away from the black below them and also it gives them a higher status and thirdly and most importantly it helps them intergrate in europe

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Levantines are whites but arabs from Yemen have a little admixture with subsaharan.
funny enough leventines north africans and arabs in genral are viewed as white or Caucasian beocuse of thier caucasion feutures skin color wise they genraly look closer to southern Europeans

although most could be darker but to whites they seem to be close to southern europeans and are thous caucasion

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
So are we. Doesn't mean anything.
:umwhat:
giphy.gif

We are caucasian?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
If we say Arab aren't white, does that mean Greeks, and Italians are not white either?

They all look kind of the same to me:mjpls:

Apparently we ayrabs
Shariif 'Aydaruus Shariif 'Ali records a tradition that the eponymous ancestor Samaale came from Yemen in the ninth century to settle in the Somali peninsula or Somaliland and founded the Samaale clan.[4]

Samaale is generally regarded as the source of the ethnonym Somali. The name "Somali" is, in turn, held to be derived from the words soo and maal, which together mean "go and milk"—a reference to the ubiquitous pastoralism of the Somali people. Anotheretymology proposes that the term Somali is derived from the Arabic for "wealthy" (dhawamaal), again referring to Somali riches in livestock.[1]

In Somali tradition, Samaale whose real name was Cusmaan received the name "Samaale" from his father Hiil who blessed him, after a miraculous raid which made the family wealthy overnight.
:rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.