Why do all young women claim to have PTSD and/or depression and/or anxiety these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Although women are the ones who do not have Male privelege, have to give birth and have blood trickling down their cervix every month, it’s actually men who are running around crying and listening to Jordan Peterson to get themselves through.

We all know who the weaker sex is and it’s the tiny underdeveloped chimp with a worm dangling around his legs who seems to think he is the king of the jungle. Wrap up tightly men, we wouldn’t want to lose any more of you hideous creatures.
:whoa:

Don’t let their lame comments trigger you to their level, Knowles.

Although women are the ones who do not have Male privelege, have to give birth and have blood trickling down their cervix every month, it’s actually men who are running around crying and listening to Jordan Peterson to get themselves through.

We all know who the weaker sex is and it’s the tiny underdeveloped chimp with a worm dangling around his legs who seems to think he is the king of the jungle. Wrap up tightly men, we wouldn’t want to lose any more of you hideous creatures.
You gotta a victim mentality shit is weak asf. Privilege kulaha life is suffering in general for both genders but if we playing that game men definitely dominate over women, isn’t that why your claiming we have privilege in the first place ?

Well, the stats are higher for women, but they’re far more likely to gain help for their depression and anxiety, and admit something is wrong, even in something as informal as a survey. Women are more heavily responsible for the care of others and have multiple streams of stresses compared to men. Men don’t often report and don’t often seek help, even though their levels of sucidical ideation (and subsequent death) are higher than women’s. Bringing awareness instead of telling them to “man up” will help them.

It’s actually women that use drugs and pills as a means to commit suicide. They prefer to die in a way that preserves their outer appearance and isn’t messy.
The reason men kill themselves more is because men are more aggressive then women generally speaking. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help if you think you have physiological problems but most people have problems with living not mental illness

VixR

Veritas
The reason men kill themselves more is because men are more aggressive then women generally speaking. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help if you think you have physiological problems but most people have problems with living not mental illness
You’re attributing aggression to suicide. Aggression is outward-facing. You can attribute it to murder, but not to suicide.

Problems with living aka suicidal thoughts is a mental illness.

You’re attributing aggression to suicide. Aggression is outward-facing. You can attribute it to murder, but not to suicide.

Problems with living aka suicidal thoughts is a mental illness.
Being more aggressive is why they use more lethal means and I’m talking about lifestyle. Not having a routine etc

Its nothing new. In the olden days, female hysteria was a common generic diagnosis for all of these things sort of like ayn/jinn for somalis.

VixR

Veritas
Being more aggressive is why they use more lethal means and I’m talking about lifestyle. Not having a routine etc
It’s related to intent. It’s not really lifestyle, people living the richest, most orderly lifestyles have the highest rate of suicides, even worse than poor people.

Gender: Men > women, all across the world, though at different rates.

Class: Rich > poor.

Its nothing new. In the olden days, female hysteria was a common generic diagnosis for all of these things sort of like ayn/jinn for somalis.
Anything that wasn’t understood relating to women was labeled hysteria, which literally means “womb”, or a possession by the religiously inclined.

I knew a lady who suffered from postnatal psychosis after she’d have a kid, and on three separate times, instead of being given medical treatment, she was given Quran readings. Needless to say, it didn’t help her.

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
A lot of girls in my school cut themselves as a sort of cry for help, as when they were caught everyone would suddenly care about them. Mental health for men should be taken way more seriously as if a man were to cut himself he would be told to "man up" but if a girl were to do that the reaction would not be the same. That's just one example of how men's mental health is played down, the stats speak for themselves and it's very sad how people don't recognise this as much as they should.

Whilst it’s women who are typically diagnosed with depression it is actually men who have almost triple the suicide rates..

What does that tell you? It’s actually men who suffer more from depressive episodes but they are too proud to go ask for help.

As always women continue to be smart and rational whilst coping with toxic masculinity whereas men are the ones who we need to think during the winter months. Wrap up warm men it’s going to get really cold this winter
The society stigmatizes the man when talking about mental health issues, while the woman are expected to to talk about how they feel. You say that men suffer from toxic masculinity, but women only like masculine men, and an emotional man who is in tune with his feelings are not the sexual ideal partner. Men needs to have muscles and be brave, while skinny wimpy men are ignored. I mean godamn, look at all the superhero movies, that sets a standard and get's ingraned in our mind since birth, and you women also love those men. This has happened for millenia so we are conditioned, and you women have been enjoying that privelige, beause we protected you in the wild. But now that we have become 'modern', it has become a problem to be a masculine man and you expect us to just become like you? How many times do i hear xalimos say that somali men are feminine, and they would rather get a 'real man'. lol

Alhamdullilah i am a rational masculine man, but it is not easy to fill these shoes as women always seems to think. If i was weak, women would ignore me. I've had plenty of short, skinny, fat friends that never got looked at. But because of genetics i was the one getting the attention. Does that sound fair?

Don't get me wrong, people should definently get help if they suffer, but don't act like you are not part of the problem.

Last edited:
Well, the stats are higher for women, but they’re far more likely to gain help for their depression and anxiety, and admit something is wrong, even in something as informal as a survey. Women are more heavily responsible for the care of others and have multiple streams of stresses compared to men. Men don’t often report and don’t often seek help, even though their levels of sucidical ideation (and subsequent death) are higher than women’s. Bringing awareness instead of telling them to “man up” will help them.

It’s actually women that use drugs and pills as a means to commit suicide. They prefer to die in a way that preserves their outer appearance and isn’t messy.

Women aren't successful in their suicide attempts because it's halfhearted and attention-seeking. Killing yourself even with pills is not complicated. If you're truly at the end of your rope to the point where you actually want to kill yourself then it's a simple task to accomplish. "I survived multiple suicide attempts" is the surest sign you should avoid a woman.

Emphasizing "raising awareness" serves two purposes. It is an easy way for people to feel good about doing something useful when in fact they're doing nothing, i.e. slacktivism, and it's a good method for attracting sympathy and attention for people who are inclined to do that. Providing the means to help people actually overcome real mental illness or inspiring them to do is almost entirely absent from the new obsession with mental health.

Muji

VIP
The society stigmatizes the man when talking about mental health issues, while the woman are expected to to talk about how they feel. You say that men suffer from toxic masculinity, but women only like masculine men, and an emotional man who is in tune with his feelings are not the sexual ideal partner. Men needs to have muscles and be brave, while skinny wimpy men are ignored. I mean godamn, look at all the superhero movies, that sets a standard and get's ingraned in our mind since birth, and you women also love those men. This has happened for millenia so we are conditioned, and you women have been enjoying that privelige, beause we protected you in the wild. But now that we have become 'modern', it has become a problem to be a masculine man and you expect us to just become like you? How many times do i hear xalimos say that somali men are feminine, and they would rather get a 'real man'. lol

Alhamdullilah i am a rational masculine man, but it is not easy to fill these shoes as women always seems to think. If i was weak, women would ignore me. I've had plenty of short, skinny, fat friends that never got looked at. But because of genetics i was the one getting the attention. Does that sound fair?

Don't get me wrong, people should definently get help if they suffer, but don't act like you are not part of the problem.

@Reiko come and read this pity party for men. As if the female counterparts who have those attributes listed: fat, ugly, too smart get much attention. The only difference is when a woman is rejected she moves on whereas a man will off himself lol.

@Reiko come and read this pity party for men. As if the female counterparts who have those attributes listed: fat, ugly, too smart get much attention. The only difference is when a woman is rejected she moves on whereas a man and off himself lol.
I've never said that. Ofc women suffer too, but please don't act like ours are insignificant, and act like you are not part of the equation.

"Pity party for men" Lol, you proved my point! That is the actually the reaction you females give when men actually adresses issues that concerns mental problems and standards.

It's a scientific fact that women are the weaker sex by any metric. They are physically weaker, lower stress tolerance, and are more neurotic. It is not an insult, btw. It's just a fact.

Muji

VIP
I've never said that. Ofc women suffer too, but please don't act like ours are insignificant, and act like you are not part of the equation.

"Pity party for men" Lol, you proved my point! That is the actually the reaction you females give when men actually adresses issues that concerns mental problems and standards.

It’s insignificant to me as I’m a proud misandrist. Weak men like you who talk about their feelings and emotions are not bullied by women, it’s your own gender who you have to worry about. Insults and bullying disguised as “locker room talk” or “banter” if you’re from the UK, is what fuels toxic masculinity. You forget that toxic masculinity has existed for thousands of years and since men were in charge for 99% of this duration you only have your gender to blame.

Look at this story that came out today. A dyslexic Male was bullied by other men to the point of suicide because he wasn’t intelligent or macho enough for them.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/10/soldier-wanted-kill-seeing-picture-squaddies-guns-pointing-8227432/

When men realise other men cause their suffering and set these unrealistic standard for them, only then can they properly address this issue. But the male ego is too fragile and too weak to admit this. Instead you will listen to Jordan Peterson and blame feminist who simply want equal pay for your suffering.

Muji

VIP
It's a scientific fact that women are the weaker sex by any metric. They are physically weaker, lower stress tolerance, and are more neurotic. It is not an insult, btw. It's just a fact.

We will see the stress tolerance of men this winter as we check the suicide rates this winter/spring

VixR

Veritas
Women aren't successful in their suicide attempts because it's halfhearted and attention-seeking. Killing yourself even with pills is not complicated. If you're truly at the end of your rope to the point where you actually want to kill yourself then it's a simple task to accomplish. "I survived multiple suicide attempts" is the surest sign you should avoid a woman.

Emphasizing "raising awareness" serves two purposes. It is an easy way for people to feel good about doing something useful when in fact they're doing nothing, i.e. slacktivism, and it's a good method for attracting sympathy and attention for people who are inclined to do that. Providing the means to help people actually overcome real mental illness or inspiring them to do is almost entirely absent from the new obsession with mental health.
It isn’t that it’s half-hearted, it’s that its now reversible due to technology. Technology has made it so that a lightening quick 911 call, and a pumped stomach reverse something that would otherwise have been fatal. With men, it doesn’t matter if you call 911, bc it’s most likely through an impulsive, ghastly method. Firearms are said to have drastically worsened suicide stats. Well, that’s in relation to men far more so than female stats.

That’s patently false. Raising awareness has helped tons of people address their problems, through suicide hotlines, therapy, drug intervention and reorienting their lives. There are numbers on this, and if they were inclined to beforehand, they would’ve done it without encouragement. Any other type of awareness you wish to call “slacking” is one thing, but to call simply making it ok to seek help when someone has hit rockbottom slacking doesn’t hold up when the problem is psychological and the alternative to that is more dead bodies.

We will see the stress tolerance of men this winter as we check the suicide rates this winter/spring

That's a tiny percentage of men. There is also the obvious fact that they may very well be under a higher level of stress than their female counterparts. Plus, women attempt suicide in higher numbers but they're too weak to even pull that off usually.

Women filling up psychiatric wards and having higher rates of just about every mental illness (depression, anxiety, eating disorders) seems to me like a better measure.

Muji

VIP
That's a tiny percentage of men. There is also the obvious fact that they may very well be under a higher level of stress than their female counterparts. Plus, women attempt suicide in higher numbers but they're too weak to even pull that off usually.

Women filling up psychiatric wards and having higher rates of just about every mental illness (depression, anxiety, eating disorders) seems to me like a better measure.

Nothing wrong with seeking help for a mental illness. Better than ignoring it before snapping and hurt someone or yourself.

Anyway I can see that we won’t agree on much so goodbye

VixR

Veritas

I often float/work in a psych ward at my hospital. There’s more men than women. And they’re not there for eating disorders. Psychiatric wards are not for eating disorders and typical depression in the general population that can be situational or passing. Should’ve noticed you were speaking out of your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts