Why did Umar and some of the Scholars and salaf forbid speaking non arabic languages

bigdogg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFHx3eFddA8
The reason why Umar (RA) did this was he noticed as Islam expanded and adopted more languages the original fus7a Arabic was being gramatically changed. People started making mistakes that the original sahabah would never make people started using slang and other borrowed foreign words into their convos. Umar (RA) was a very pragmatic man and knew the hadiths being transmitted and over all Islamic studies would be affected so he temporarily banned it so the Arabic can maintain its original quality. His intentions were pure.
Oh so it was for a religious matter , everyone I come across made it seem as though umar banned it for some other reason , I kinda wish I can remove his name from the title

Som

VIP
Is this the reason North Africans don't speak their own languages now
To be honest their dialect is pretty much a divergent language from Arabic even though it comes from it . If you speak fusha or any other dialect (Egyptian, Syrian etc,) you'll have a hard time understanding the moroccan dialect

Trending

Latest posts