Why baatis suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. They are hideous- the design spells laziness:nahgirl:

2.) they are clumsy and awkward. When they don't trip up the feet, they dangle at the sides forcing you to hold it up

3.)they limit physical activity

4.) you can gain weight without knowing. Because you can't tell where it starts or where it ends :icon e smile:

5.) its why somali women have such awful forms. You always see them standing with their hands at their hip, elbows sticking outwards like ducks. Because the baati makes you bajaq bajaq and limp due to you getting lost in that bac weyn fabric

6.) it destroys your self esteem. The baati serves no function other than as ugly clothes so you can cook and clean worry free. So in a way its like a perpetual maid's uniform with stains from suugo and bleach

7.) They are cheap

I am happy we have users who don't like baati.

Also they are originally from Arabian peninsula

Don't get the bacweyn ones then- they're for your ayeeyo! I personally love my Habon Deeqa fitted baatis and plan on topping up with fresh ones when I return in the summer. No baati, no party!

Don't get the bacweyn ones then- they're for your ayeeyo! I personally love my Habon Deeqa fitted baatis and plan on topping up with fresh ones when I return in the summer. No baati, no party!
Do you wear tights abaayo? Its much better than baatis...

2.) they are clumsy and awkward. When they don't trip up the feet, they dangle at the sides forcing you to hold it up

4.) you can gain weight without knowing. Because you can't tell where it starts or where it ends :icon e smile:

5.) its why somali women have such awful forms. You always see them standing with their hands at their hip, elbows sticking outwards like ducks. Because the baati makes you bajaq bajaq and limp due to you getting lost in that bac weyn fabric

6.) it destroys your self esteem. The baati serves no function other than as ugly clothes so you can cook and clean worry free. So in a way its like a perpetual maid's uniform with stains from suugo and bleach
I agree ,why not wear hijab plus tights or even shorts.It will keep people in shape as they quickly will see if they are putting weight or not.

Do you wear tights abaayo? Its much better than baatis...

I agree ,why not wear hijab plus tights or even shorts.It will keep people in shape as they quickly will see if they are putting weight or not.

Tights? Mate tights are see-through/ sheer most of the time, leggings I wear sometimes but baatis are the best because they feel open and I like the feeling of the fabric on my skin. Perfect for guri-joog.

Tights? Mate tights are see-through/ sheer most of the time, leggings I wear sometimes but baatis are the best because they feel open and I like the feeling of the fabric on my skin. Perfect for guri-joog.
Oh so its like the macawis without underwear combo.Perfect for guri-joog as well.
:ahh:
What did you mean by tights are see-through?
:eek:

Oh so its like the macawis without underwear combo.Perfect for guri-joog as well.
:ahh:
What did you mean by tights are see-through?
:eek:

Exactly! I mean tights are an undergarment, you're not supposed to wear them alone lol that's pretty risky. (Google sheer tights and you'll see what I mean.)

Exactly! I mean tights are an undergarment, you're not supposed to wear them alone lol that's pretty risky. (Google sheer tights and you'll see what I mean.)
be honest tho , do you think baatis play a factor in making somali women overweight?
:samwelcome:
Also those tights are pretty much butt naked tights , why wear them at all?

I've never seen a fitted baati before. Wouldn't that be a dress?

What's the alternative abaayo?

lol like what? Baatis are probably really comfortable, it's for wearing at home.

I can see you're more of a sweatpants and t-shirt kinda girl cuz you like physical activity and movement.

Am I right?
Comfortable is the problem. Its not good to be comfortable all the time. Comfort is for before you go to sleep lol

I'm not too crazy about wearing baatis tbh.

I do love wrapping the gabasar that comes with it around my waist (turning it into a skirt) and wearing it at home its so comfy.

be honest tho , do you think baatis play a factor in making somali women overweight?
:samwelcome:
Also those tights are pretty much butt naked tights , why wear them at all?
Nigga we go outside, we aren't forever lounging about in baatis haahaha. Idk, I don't see overweight somali girls, it's almost always the older ladies who've had loads of babies.

I've never seen a fitted baati before. Wouldn't that be a dress?
Nah in Somalia they call 'em fashion baati and they say it's from Dubai. (But yah they're dresses kinda)

Comfortable is the problem. Its not good to be comfortable all the time. Comfort is for before you go to sleep lol

Mmm but a baati looks beautiful too in a simple kind of way. We can appreciate when someone is all dressed up.

But I think there's a beauty to having messy hair and being in a suugo stained baati

:diddyass:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The only time I appreciate baati is when it's hot in the summer and you take bath at night and sleep with a fresh clean baati. Feels like you're in heaven.

I never wear baati when I'm lounging in the house.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I thought I was the only one who thought baatis were ugly, so are abayas. :nahgirl:

Unless they’re the opened ones.

i don't know about baatis but gorgarads are the most useless things i've seen. i'ts the somali minds attempt at creating an undergarment so of course its a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts