Why are the Madhibaan treated the way that they are?

Psychologist

Changemaker
So many threads like this asking the same question.

Goes back to Clan myth. there is a story of madhibaan being the son of Gorgaarte. It goes like, Madhibaan n his brother were traveling, they ran out of food and they were both hunger , they came upon a dead sheep, so they eat it which is haram to eat a meat that wasn't killed According to Islam. One throw up and the madhibaan didn't, so he got disown by his father.

BTW As RN, they are dislike because they are minority and other shit.

It depends on who you asked, i personally don't believe in that myth. problem with madhibaan is they all live in different location. Their population isn't small but they all tend to live in different places, which makes them minority.

For example my sub clan that lives both PL and Somali galbeed. My mom sub clan lives in SL and PL.

if they Unite in One state, they would dominate that state. their population prolly 1.5-2 million not being bias, just an estimated by the sub clans that live in the south and the ones that live somali galbeed and north ones

Last edited:
They're traditionally craftsmen/blacksmiths, its possible they were getting too wealthy or influential and the powerful clans were threatened so they made up some damaging myth to outcast them.

Psychologist

Changemaker
They're traditionally craftsmen/blacksmiths, its possible they were getting too wealthy or influential and the powerful clans were threatened so they made up some damaging myth to outcast them.
actually that's what my sub clan believes in, they believe to be native to sannag to sol to togdher but they got displace after other clans teamed up on them. which my sub sub fled to somali gableed while others fled near north west.

My sub doesn't even use Hawiye name while most madhibaan do, We have different abtris i think and its the real one. Im not sure on that tho, my dad tells me story and i might be adding my own shit. but i am planning to go to Somali galbeed so i see it with my own eye

Ina Sha allah i will restore the Kingdom my people left, I might have schizophrenia cause i do be feeling like a prophet that can only restore this lost kingdom :lolbron:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
They are well regarded in Mudug. Galkacyo historically had a large Madhibaan community.

In Xamar, Madhibaan were also well regarded as Barres deputy hailed from that clan.

Cuz they of legendary myth and becoming low cast community that would serve the needs of larger clans for example making shoes sword or dagger and being barbers to us.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP

Goes back to Clan myth. there is a story of madhibaan being the son of Gorgaarte. It goes like, Madhibaan n his brother were traveling, they ran out of food and they were both hunger , they came upon a dead sheep, so they eat it which is haram to eat a meat that wasn't killed According to Islam. One throw up and the madhibaan didn't, so he got disown by his father.

It depends on who you asked, i personally don't believe in that myth. problem with madhibaan is they all live in different location. Their population isn't small but they all tend to live in different places, which makes them minority.

For example my sub clan that lives both PL and Somali galbeed. My mom sub clan lives in SL and PL.

if they Unite in One state, they would dominate that state. their population prolly 1.5-2 million not being bias, just an estimated by the sub clans that live in the south and the ones that live somali galbeed and north ones
I've heard of that myth, of course it's bullshit but whoever made up the story had to have hated the Madhibaan a lot

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

lol @ 1.5 - 2 million.

Somalis are not even 20 mill, 2 mill madhibaan would make them 10% of all Somalis and would put them as easily top 5 sub clans in Somalia.

Even if you were spread out thin all over Somalia surely you’d have a major presence in some cities here and there?

Clan myth probably came after the subjugation, made up by dominant clans who wanted to justify why they could abuse them. Similar to white slave owners making shit up about the Curse of Ham to justify slavery

Psychologist

Changemaker
lol @ 1.5 - 2 million.

Somalis are not even 20 mill, 2 mill madhibaan would make them 10% of all Somalis and would put them as easily top 5 sub clans in Somalia.

Even if you were spread out thin all over Somalia surely you’d have a major presence in some cities here and there?
i am also counting as those madhibaan who have been assimilate into other clans, i know there is gababa xawaadle who are madhibaan and make up half of the xawaadle population, then there is sub clans that live in Somali who have been assimilate but still have the madhibaan name with them. Also some tumaal i seen that are relate to madhibaan, list goes on.

they just unknown but i know two 4 sub clans that live with hawiye. Madhibaan ain't really small, they just widespread. they are prolly a million- 1.5 m but i know their numbers ain't small
Barkhad Batuun set them 50 years back.
what he did?

Psychologist

Changemaker
I've heard of that myth, of course it's bullshit but whoever made up the story had to have hated the Madhibaan a lot
yeah, i heard that madhibaan use to rule them then they teamed up on madhibaan and created myths so madhibaan people aren't as power as they were in the future

Jungle

VIP
i am also counting as those madhibaan who have been assimilate into other clans, i know there is gababa xawaadle who are madhibaan and make up half of the xawaadle population, then there is sub clans that live in Somali who have been assimilate but still have the madhibaan name with them.

:dwill:This makes sense as we hawiye have no idea where they came from. xawaadle that is l

actually that's what my sub clan believes in, they believe to be native to sannag to sol to togdher but they got displace after other clans teamed up on them. which my sub sub fled to somali gableed while others fled near north west.

My sub doesn't even use Hawiye name while most madhibaan do, We have different abtris i think and its the real one. Im not sure on that tho, my dad tells me story and i might be adding my own shit. but i am planning to go to Somali galbeed so i see it with my own eye

Ina Sha allah i will restore the Kingdom my people left, I might have schizophrenia cause i do be feeling like a prophet that can only restore this lost kingdom :lolbron:
Knowing Somali people this very likely and true

Trending

Latest posts