Why are Somalis unnecessarily loud?

Honestly I don't quite understand this aspect of our culture. Even when you're sitting right next to another Somali they're loud, like speak at a normal volume and spare my eardrums walaal.

Being loud is not apart of our culture I believe, don't slander us please we are good people.
Relax saaxib I just pointed out an observation, I'm not slandering anyone nor is that my intention. Being loud seems to be a common thing among Somalis in general so that's why I said maybe it's our culture.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I always see such negative threads, why are Somalis this why are Somalis that.

Where are all the positive threads?????? Surely we have some positive traits
:fittytousand:

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
These ciyaal are so annoying wallahi. They come here with BS they’ve experienced from 1/2 Somalis and generalize it to all Somalis.
:stopit:

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I ain't no ciyaal bro, I'm just pointing out something I've noticed in most Somalis growing up.

Haye, nor am I a bro. I was pointing out that this isn’t a Somali thing, and your limited experience with Somalis doesn’t make it so. Loud people exist in every community. It’s certainly not part of our culture.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Honestly I don't quite understand this aspect of our culture. Even when you're sitting right next to another Somali they're loud, like speak at a normal volume and spare my eardrums walaal.
Too much Sugar in the Tea!
hype train GIF

1638128403239.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

undiagnosed Autistic spectrum?

Relax saaxib I just pointed out an observation, I'm not slandering anyone nor is that my intention. Being loud seems to be a common thing among Somalis in general so that's why I said maybe it's our culture.
Only Reer Magaal Are Loud I Think Colonization Did A Number On You Guys We Shall Pray For Your Salvation
:stressed:

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
So, so true. Especially male fobs. I think Somalis are the loudest ethnic group. They are so loud that you cannot even hear what you're listening to in your earphones. I have seen people leave establishments due to loud fob Somalis years ago. Some even looked at me to intervene. It's even worse when they talk about taboo topics or talking about white people. It's enough to make you sweat in embarrassment.

It's because most were traditionally nomadic pastoralists so to communicate with each other from a distance they'd have to shout. Also they'd be shouting at their herd to guide them.
It's culturally embedded and probably will stick around for a while after somalis get rid of pastoralism.
You can take a geeljire out of the baadiyo but you can't take the baadiyo out of a geeljire.

All subsaharan Africans are naturally loud excluding Ethiopians and Sudanese.
Arabs are loud too

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Being loud is not apart of our culture I believe, don't slander us please we are good people.
I’m tired of these people’s think pieces. Somalis are loud? since when? :mindblown:

You could say that about literally any group of people.

Trending