Why are Somalis unnecessarily loud?

I think its endearing. Plus when out in public with your mom/eedo chances are she is the center of attention lol.

In my house i learned growing up that usually the loudest voice is the one that's heard the most, but i get tired of being loud verbally sometimes so i just stay quiet

I hate noise so much and I actively avoid noisy people; it was a nightmare as a child when extended family members (and members of my clan) would come over and I had to just sit there and be subjected to a cacophony of voices all concurrently speaking and laughing.

It's definitely a cultural inheritance and I think it should be phased out through mandatory etiquette classes for children.

I don’t understand. In Italy, there just as loud but that’s seen as sort of cool but when Somalis do it, they have no manners and are uncultured?
100% Italians are really loud. In my class we had a group Italians and they were so loud and didn't give a shit. Even the teachers had to tell them to pipe it down multiple times. One guy told me that back home they are even worse.

It is culturally embeded as some comments pointed out. I would add somali discourse is hostile and you have to speak louder and fast to make your point and talking over pple is a norm in Somali discussions. Just visit nearest somali muqaaxi.

After eid salah, IHOP was hell on earth for cadaan people. It got so bad that IHOP employees would warn all the cadaan people to stay that day just cause of how loud the Somalis were. :dead:

I'd say most somali guys I met are shy and quiet. Whereas the somali women I went to college with were a bit loud, but its not a problem.

I hate noise so much and I actively avoid noisy people; it was a nightmare as a child when extended family members (and members of my clan) would come over and I had to just sit there and be subjected to a cacophony of voices all concurrently speaking and laughing.

It's definitely a cultural inheritance and I think it should be phased out through mandatory etiquette classes for children.

Clan you say.......which one #Abdi

Trending

Latest posts