Why are Somali non-Muslims so over represented online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
On this forum, something like half of the people are non-Muslim.

And on Reddit, the ex-Muslim Somali Subreddit has half the subscribers of /r/Somalia, which is the main Somali Subreddit.

4AD37DA1-B17A-4720-A5CF-829F87EF48C3.jpeg
2FEEA6C9-10AE-43D1-AD7D-DB1113E93D29.jpeg

Does this overrepresentation imply that normal, sane, everyday Somalis are not active on the internet sphere? Because we all know that in real life, not even 10 % of Somalis are non-Muslim.

What do you guys think?

Less 1% of Somalis use online forums maybe that’s why Somali non Muslims seem more represented than the Muslims ones.

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
Majority of them are in the closet ex muslims so they feel more free expressing their views on the internet with other ex muslims

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
They are keyboard warriors.

Many of them did not come out and will never be.

When the mother sees them being dragged to the hell fire is when mum will realise she raised a hell dweller.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Non muslims character in somalispot is one or two individuals who are also moderators with MULTIPLE other names trying to over exaggerate atheist somali numbers, including u World.

Id rather see an atheist somali than a galo somali,a christian somali is just a brainwashed idiot and we all know it
Atleast most atheist come to their own conclusion
But our deen is in our blood its part of our identity for more the 900 years,
Ex muslim leave their religion because of muslims not because of islam,or because of ignorance
And if you leave your religion without at the very most trying to understand it then you are just a brainwashed weak minded idiot
Before you leave try reading the sources of islam and thinking about what you read for a year or more,chinese saying “to study without thinking is a waste”,try to understand why your ancestor accepted it in a personal sense,if you still dont believe only then leave

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Id rather see an atheist somali than a galo somali,a christian somali is just a brainwashed idiot and we all know it
Atleast most atheist come to their own conclusion
But our deen is in our blood its part of our identity for more the 900 years,
Ex muslim leave their religion because of muslims not because of islam,or because of ignorance
And if you leave your religion without at the very most trying to understand it then you are just a brainwashed weak minded idiot
Before you leave try reading the sources of islam and thinking about what you read for a year or more,chinese saying “to study without thinking is a waste”,try to understand why your ancestor accepted it in a personal sense,if you still dont believe only then leave

u r a devil

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Being an atheist is looked down on in our community. You can get beaten or even killed if your in the wrong area.

It’s sad that people would actually consider killing someone because they left the religion.

@World @Basra @Somali Crusader @esmailxxx

Honestly are y’all super religous? I feel like most people on this forum that do actually spew hate against ex Muslims aren’t even that religous at all. They probably miss prayers often, barely ready the Quran, and part take in other haram activities.

What’s y’all a opinion on cultural Muslims pretty much. There are a lot of people that say they are Muslim but barely even practice at all. Mostly pray a lot during Ramadan but after ramadan they are barely praying. Some haven’t actually read the Quran in years, or even months.

There are people that even find religion just boring. A lot of my non Muslim friends claim they are christians. But a majority of them dont attend church at all. My close friends haven’t gone to church in years or only on holidays. I also know a lot of people that are agnostic.

I feel like most people that are agnostic try to live a decent life. They know through other religions that if your a bad person your going to hell. If your a good person than you can go to heaven .

Most agnostics atleast the ones I met don’t want to read a holy book cause they find them boring and they would rather do something else with their time.

They are keyboard warriors.

Many of them did not come out and will never be.

When the mother sees them being dragged to the hell fire is when mum will realise she raised a hell dweller.

Wardheere

Sxb, we don’t believe your fairy tales of “hell” and “heaven”, you’ve on leash the blind Faithful, if you scare them more, don’t you worry that they will turn into lunatics?

You guys complain about the atheists on this forum and yet, start thread after thread demonising us. Ma is maqashaan?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I’m not perfect. I still consider myself Muslim.

Besides me most of family friends and basically all the other Somalis I know that are around my age seem like they are in the same boat as me.!

No one is really super religous. No one is really conservative.

I would look stupid if I started throwing death threats to people who left the religion. I’m not no holy saint.

@AussieHustler @Knowles do y’all plan on ever telling your families your atheist?

I’m not perfect. I still consider myself Muslim.

Besides me most of family friends and basically all the other Somalis I know that are around my age seem like they are in the same boat as me.!

No one is really super religous. No one is really conservative.

I would look stupid if I started throwing death threats to people who left the religion. I’m not no holy saint.

@AussieHustler @Knowles do y’all plan on ever telling your families your atheist?

Jerome

My dad already knows it and he himself dabbled with the idea when he was studying and living in Eastern Europe. He’s now a born again. He told me he wished that I was a Muslim and to my surprise, appreciated for telling him, he reckons, sooner or later, a spiritual journey will find me. We agreed not to discuss religion. My mum knows that I don’t pray and fast and gave her the hints, but my dad discouraged me to reveal it to her because she wouldn’t take it kindly.

Last edited:

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Wardheere

Sxb, we don’t believe your fairy tales of “hell” and “heaven”, you’ve on leash the blind Faithful, if you scare them more, don’t you worry that they will turn into lunatics?

You guys complain about the atheists on this forum and yet, start thread after thread demonising us. Ma is maqashaan?
I dont care what you believe

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Being an atheist is looked down on in our community. You can get beaten or even killed if your in the wrong area.

It’s sad that people would actually consider killing someone because they left the religion.

@World @Basra @Somali Crusader @esmailxxx

Honestly are y’all super religous? I feel like most people on this forum that do actually spew hate against ex Muslims aren’t even that religous at all. They probably miss prayers often, barely ready the Quran, and part take in other haram activities.

What’s y’all a opinion on cultural Muslims pretty much. There are a lot of people that say they are Muslim but barely even practice at all. Mostly pray a lot during Ramadan but after ramadan they are barely praying. Some haven’t actually read the Quran in years, or even months.

There are people that even find religion just boring. A lot of my non Muslim friends claim they are christians. But a majority of them dont attend church at all. My close friends haven’t gone to church in years or only on holidays. I also know a lot of people that are agnostic.

I feel like most people that are agnostic try to live a decent life. They know through other religions that if your a bad person your going to hell. If your a good person than you can go to heaven .

Most agnostics atleast the ones I met don’t want to read a holy book cause they find them boring and they would rather do something else with their time.

Go ahead and Join their Godless club! Aint no one stopping u! Fcking atheist incel

@Jerome in the house the difference between islam and most religion its this,
Islam define religion as the way you live day to day,everything doing what its suppose to do in the universe is worshiping god,except for humans

even if its boring muslims are suppose to know atleast enough for the pilars of their faith like how to pray etc but also its an obligation to get to know more about their religion “iqra” read study because it reenforce your fate,even science is meant to do just that,something as simple friction that always us walk,when we realize its importance we just say Allah Akbar
Sooo we dnt have the luxury of only remembering god on sundays thats why our non muslim friends only call them selves so and so but dont seem to be
I am not a serious muslim myself but i still consider my self religious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts