Why are somali girls who are comfortable with their sexuality shamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely I’m in a gc with 30 other Somali girls with the same experiences as me. Not only that but there r a million tweets regarding this topic ^^ so for it to be talked about so much by adolescent Somali girls on the interwebs it has to be a problem no? Also somalis households are freakishly similar.

"Million tweets" kulaha :4uzpnkt::yloezpe:.
Can I ask what you mean by "sexuality" . Are young Somali women suddenly being confused with there gender or what?

I don't see the point of this thread tbh

"Million tweets" kulaha :4uzpnkt::yloezpe:.
Can I ask what you mean by "sexuality" . Are young Somali women suddenly being confused with there gender or what?

I don't see the point of this thread tbh
There is a search engine called google that could further educate u ^_^ and yes it is an exaggeration its a thing u do when ur trying to get a point across

Xishood is an AMAZING and WONDERFUL feeling and I don't want my future daughters to lose it yet I would allow them to ask me questions about it in certain level.

I’m not allowed to wear anything that isn’t loose fitted even inside my own home ^^ & true we don’t have to talk about it with everyone but my brothers are so open about things with no one nagging them but as soon as I say anything remotely similar to them I am told to xishood

If you live with your brothers its understandable.. Your parents although are traditional like most Somali parents this is a small issue that shouldn't even bother you.

So what if they are more open? Do you feel lower than them? Do they belittle you for having less freedom? Open about what? Do they say things like "hooyo I saw a nice gabar today" Be more specifc

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
I’m not allowed to wear anything that isn’t loose fitted even inside my own home ^^ & true we don’t have to talk about it with everyone but my brothers are so open about things with no one nagging them but as soon as I say anything remotely similar to them I am told to xishood
Mashallah you have very cultured, well mannered brother.

It's only natural for them to keep an eye on you so you won't bring shame and destroy family honor.

If you live with your brothers its understandable.. Your parents although are traditional like most Somali parents this is a small issue that shouldn't even bother you.

So what if they are more open? Do you feel lower than them? Do they belittle you for having less freedom? Open about what? Do they say things like "hooyo I saw a nice gabar today" Be more specifc

They are my brothers there is no reason for me to be modest in front of my brothers. If they can walk around the house shirtless and be told nothing, then I don’t have to wear a bra 24/7 or wear what I want to wear in my home without being told, “naa isku xishood” and they talk amongst themselves about women if I chime in they tell me to shut up or get angry with me. I feel very suffocated and it is unfair.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
If you want to talk about sex than talk about sex. But since Somalis are Muslim sex is suppose to be saved till marriage. It will be looked down upon.

Some dudes might brand you as a hoe. Especially if you talk about it an a way that shows that you might have had some experience in the act.

It's starting to get normalized though because more people are having premarital sex. I don't think the issue of not being able to speak about sexuality will exist in the next couple of generations

If you want to talk about sex than talk about sex. But since Somalis are Muslim sex is suppose to be saved till marriage. It will be looked down upon.

Some dudes might brand you as a hoe. Especially if you talk about it an a way that shows that you might have had some experience in the act.

It's starting to get normalized though because more people are having premarital sex. I don't think the issue of not being able to speak about sexuality will exist in the next couple of generations

Back in the day..girls would sneak around..wear revealing clothes when they leave their area...go clubbing in an area where they're are not known..drink/ smoke and hide it...them days are long gone already..the xishood has gone out the window...I don't think girls who choose to live that way (not my business) really care what people think nowadays...even family

I know girls who use to leave the house in a hijaab and a long skirt and get dressed in phone boxes..:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: (embarrassing)
2018 girls don't do that anymore...it's like it or lump it/yolo

In this day and age..I'm sure somali parents are scared that their children will call the boolice on their parents..it's not even seen as a big deal when girls wear mini skirts..tight clothes..like hello..I swear everyone is free to do as they please nowadays

Last edited:
They are my brothers there is no reason for me to be modest in front of my brothers. If they can walk around the house shirtless and be told nothing, then I don’t have to wear a bra 24/7 or wear what I want to wear in my home without being told, “naa isku xishood” and they talk amongst themselves about women if I chime in they tell me to shut up or get angry with me. I feel very suffocated and it is unfair.

How many brothers you got ? 5 ?
If they are talking amongst themselves about women why care? lol

Save up ,, move out , invite your own friends and dress how you want at your own house. Everyone got there own struggles especially whilst living with siblings. Hey look on the Brightside , your brothers still respect you xD :)

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
What a prudish culture. Now I understand why your marriages don’t even last a year.

Y’all don’t even masturbate, my Somalian friend told me she has never played with herself . She claimed that according to sheikhs if you masturbate you will lose your eyesight:wtf:

What a prudish culture. Now I understand why your marriages don’t even last a year.

Y’all don’t even masturbate, my Somalian friend told me she has never played with herself . She claimed that according to sheikhs if you masturbate you will lose your eyesight:wtf:

"Why your marriages don't even last a year" - Bullshit
Go away becky this is a somali site , we've had enough of ajnabis like yourself sniffing around us and yet belittling us.

If you're so disgusted with our culture why do beg to be with a Somali man?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

I be busting fat ass nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts