Religion and Colorism

I believe in Islam because it makes the most sense to me, personally.

However, logically, you and I will never certainly know whether god exists or not unless we either die or have the ability to achieve immortality.

For those that have doubts, play it safe and consider Pascal's wager. Just my advice.
If it makes the most sense plz explain to me why dose the Quran have scientific errors. Like the sun orbiting the earth lol.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If it makes the most sense plz explain to me why dose the Quran have scientific errors. Like the sun orbiting the earth lol.

I do not want to start a religious argument but this brief article more or less sums up my view.

After all, people's religious opinions are subjective and I have my opinions to answer your questions honestly but I just can't be arsed bro.

I believe in Islam because it makes the most sense to me, personally.

However, logically, you and I will never certainly know whether god exists or not unless we either die or have the ability to achieve immortality.

For those that have doubts, play it safe and consider Pascal's wager. Just my advice.

One the contrary, logic dictates God does exist and one can believe in his existence with conviction. A Muslim lives knowing the purpose of their life and dies knowing where they are headed in the future. To have faith is to be human and to ask serious questions about the purpose of life, death, and the unknown is very intellectual.

The more knowledge of the material world you gain, the more you are convinced the entire universe and all in it depend on something else outside of them that exists by its own nature and is accordingly eternal and unchanging. There is no other way around to that fact.

One the contrary, logic dictates God does exist and one can believe in his existence with conviction. A Muslim lives knowing the purpose of their life and dies knowing where they are headed in the future. To have faith is to be human and to ask serious questions about the purpose of life, death, and the unknown is very intellectual.

The more knowledge of the material world you gain, the more you are convinced the entire universe and all in it depend on something else outside of them that exists by its own nature and is accordingly eternal and unchanging. There is no other way around to that fact.
So how dose god exists on its own nature. If the universe can’t why can’t the same be applied for god

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

giphy.gif

Some Masris can look pretty off-Nubian. I knew several such types growing up. One in particular I went to Uni with used to mainly hang out with Somalis and had a very nigga air to him, rofl. Despite some of the ancient DNA we've gotten from Egypt so far showing that the ancients only had maybe 3-6% or so SSA, I suspect some folks close to Lower Nubia like in Luxor were always somewhat SSA shifted but Apollo is correct and most are just Semitoids. That guy I went to Uni with and possibly this funny character you know if he looks somewhat black probably got that from Islamic era slavery related admixture, though.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
giphy.gif

Some Masris can look pretty off-Nubian. I knew several such types growing up. One in particular I went to Uni with used to mainly hang out with Somalis and had a very nigga air to him, rofl. Despite some of the ancient DNA we've gotten from Egypt so far showing that the ancients only had maybe 3-10% at best SSA, I suspect some folks close to Lower Nubia like in Luxor were always somewhat SSA shifted but Apollo is correct and most are just Semitoids. That guy I went to Uni with and possibly this funny character you know if he looks somewhat black probably got that from Islamic era slavery related admixture, though.

Nah, he has probably 3B hair but olive skin.

If you met him, you would think 100% Arab.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Nah, he has probably 3B hair but olive skin.

If you met him, you would think 100% Arab.

All Masris nowadays are like 10-15% SSA, as far as I remember. Some can go higher. Copts are like 5-10% or so. The few ancients we have are like 3-6%. And that's without counting this illusive "Ancestral North African" component that seems SSA-oid and appears heavily in all North-Africans from the Paleolithic to the present day. So hey, he passes the one-drop rule for sure so one love. Hug your black brother next time you see him.

So how dose god exists on its own nature. If the universe can’t why can’t the same be applied for god

If the same rules of nature apply to God, then he can not be God. In simple explanation, If God needs to eat to survive, if God drinks to quench a thirst, if God can die etc, then he is no different from the nature he created and is dependent on them. It is why in Islam Allah is called Al-Qayyum - The self-subsisting.

See below:

الْقَيُّومُ
AL-QAYYUM - The Self-Subsisting One

The Self-Subsisting, The Self-Existing One upon Whom all others depend. Al-Qayyum nature is to exist, completely free from dependence on anything or anyone. Al-Qayyum is the one through whom all things arise. He is Ever-Living and Self-Sustaining. Everything else in existence depends on Al-Qayyum.

In other words, Nothing in the universe can exist without Allah but Allah can exist without anything. Read up on Allah's names and attributes. You will perhaps understand why he is God Almighty.

If the same rules of nature apply to God, then he can not be God. In simple explanation, If God needs to eat to survive, if God drinks to quench a thirst, if God can die etc, then he is no different from the nature he created and is dependent on them. It is why in Islam Allah is called Al-Qayyum - The self-subsisting.

See below:

الْقَيُّومُ
AL-QAYYUM - The Self-Subsisting One

The Self-Subsisting, The Self-Existing One upon Whom all others depend. Al-Qayyum nature is to exist, completely free from dependence on anything or anyone. Al-Qayyum is the one through whom all things arise. He is Ever-Living and Self-Sustaining. Everything else in existence depends on Al-Qayyum.

In other words, Nothing in the universe can exist without Allah but Allah can exist without anything. Read up on Allah's names and attributes. You will perhaps understand why he is God Almighty.
Just cause he named himself all knowing,all might dosent mean it’s true. You need proof to support your claims. I can make my own god and say it’s all powerful but most people would dismiss me as crazy.

Apollo

VIP

The blackness of Egyptians is overstated. The majority of them look indistinguishable from Palestinians. If I were to quiz you on who is the Egyptian and who is the Palestinian from facebook pictures you'd fail miserably. Somalis and Habeshas look far more different from each other than Egyptians and Palestinians do.

Anyhow, Moses was of Levantine origin and an immigrant to Egypt. Not a native Egyptian. So he likely looked more like Egyptian Jews and not like contemporary Egyptian Arabs.

There are tons of Middle Eastern Jewish populations (Iraqi Jews, Yemeni Jews, Syrian Jews etc) and none of them look black.

This cope from blacks that Moses was black is delusional. Highly unlikely.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The blackness of Egyptians is overstated. The majority of them look indistinguishable from Palestinians. If I were to quiz you on who is the Egyptian and who is the Palestinian from facebook pictures you'd fail miserably. Somalis and Habeshas look far more different from each other than Egyptians and Palestinians do.

Anyhow, Moses was of Levantine origin and immigrant to Egypt. Not a native Egyptian. So he looked like Egyptian Jews or other Mizrahi Jews.

There are tons of Middle Eastern Jewish populations and none of them look black.

This cope from blacks that Moses was black is delusional. Highly unlikely.

I agree with your sentiment.

She is qashining all my comments that Ancient Hebrews looked Semitic/Mediterranean (obvious being obvious). Pathetic, at least provide counter-arguments instead of cowardly qashining, probably because she can't and has zero counter-arguments. @HIBAQ123

وَرَأَيْتُ مُوسَى أَسْحَمَ آدَم
“I saw Musa (Moses) and he was a black-skinned man.”
Musnad Imam Ahmed Hadith # 3365

َأَمَّا مُوسَى فَرَجُلٌ آدَمُ جَعْد
“As for Musa/Moses, he is a black-skinned man with very curly hair.”

AL Qurtubi, the famous interprator of the Qur'an says when talking about Musa's (AS) appearance:

وكان موسى أسمر شديد السمرة
"Musa (Moses) was extremely dark brown in skin color."

At Tabari says in the Tafsir about Prophet Musa's sign of his handing turning white:

وكان موسى، فيما ذكر لنا، آدم، فجعل الله تحول يده بيضاء من غير برص، له آية
"According to what we were told, Musa (Moses) was black-skinned and Allah made Musa’s hand turning white, without being affected by leprosy, a sign for him."

Tafsir of the same verse by al Baidawi:

أنه عليه السلام كان آدم شديد الأدمة ، فأدخل يده في جيبه أو تحت إبطه ثم نزعها فإذا هي بيضاء نورانية غلب شعاعها شعاع الشمس
"It is related that Musa (pbuh) was black-skinned. He put his hand in his pocket or under his armpit and took it out and it was white."

Apollo

VIP
وَرَأَيْتُ مُوسَى أَسْحَمَ آدَم
“I saw Musa (Moses) and he was a black-skinned man.”
Musnad Imam Ahmed Hadith # 3365

َأَمَّا مُوسَى فَرَجُلٌ آدَمُ جَعْد
“As for Musa/Moses, he is a black-skinned man with very curly hair.”

AL Qurtubi, the famous interprator of the Qur'an says when talking about Musa's (AS) appearance:

وكان موسى أسمر شديد السمرة
"Musa (Moses) was extremely dark brown in skin color."

At Tabari says in the Tafsir about Prophet Musa's sign of his handing turning white:

وكان موسى، فيما ذكر لنا، آدم، فجعل الله تحول يده بيضاء من غير برص، له آية
"According to what we were told, Musa (Moses) was black-skinned and Allah made Musa’s hand turning white, without being affected by leprosy, a sign for him."

Tafsir of the same verse by al Baidawi:

أنه عليه السلام كان آدم شديد الأدمة ، فأدخل يده في جيبه أو تحت إبطه ثم نزعها فإذا هي بيضاء نورانية غلب شعاعها شعاع الشمس
"It is related that Musa (pbuh) was black-skinned. He put his hand in his pocket or under his armpit and took it out and it was white."

He was a tanned Hebrew, not a Sub-Saharan African. By black = people think of Sub-Saharan Africans, not tanned Middle Easterners.

Middle Easterners can tan/become dark and still look nothing like Sub-Saharan Africans.

Do these brown Arabs look like Ethiopians or Somalis to you?

bedouin-arab-negev-amrani.jpg

jordan-traditional-bedouin-arab-men-F1NT61.jpg

an-arabian-bedouin-in-syria-herding-his-camels-BTWMGJ.jpg

two-bedouin-arab-men-relaxing-on-tradition-blanket-in-shadow-of-tree-BG2MA8.jpg

Those statements on him being dark skinned is still no evidence of him being racially African.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
He was a tanned Hebrew, not a Sub-Saharan African. By black = people think of Sub-Saharan Africans, not tanned Middle Easterners.

Middle Easterners can tan/become dark and still look nothing like Sub-Saharan Africans.

Do these brown Arabs look like Ethiopians or Somalis to you?

jordan-traditional-bedouin-arab-men-F1NT61.jpg

an-arabian-bedouin-in-syria-herding-his-camels-BTWMGJ.jpg

two-bedouin-arab-men-relaxing-on-tradition-blanket-in-shadow-of-tree-BG2MA8.jpg

Those statements on him being dark skinned is still no evidence of him being racially African.

You'll find Bedouin darker than that, saxiib:

Wallahi, it's like some people think MENAs and East Meds are "white" or something. You realize groups like Arabians and Shamis can sometimes get this dark in the sun:

These are all Bedouins from the Negev/an-Naqab desert, not very far from where the nabi and his forefathers were from.

Apollo

VIP
You'll find Bedouin darker than that, saxiib:

Lol, it was a quick google search.

People often misinterpret things what ancient people said. If they describe their fellow ethnics as being dark, it is based on their local context and not a global one. Moses may have been darker than other Jews, Muhammed may have been lighter than other Arabs, but it doesn't follow from there that Moses looked like a Habesha and Muhammed looked like a Ruski.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Lol, it was a quick google search.

People often misinterpret things what ancient people said. If they describe their fellow ethnics as being dark, it is based on their local context and not a global one. Moses may have been darker than other Jews, Muhammed may have been lighter than other Arabs, but it doesn't follow from there that Moses looked like a Habesha and Muhammed looked like a Ruski.

Reminds me of an East-Euro dude I used to know. Forgot which country. People where he's from are apparently pretty pale, blue-eyed and light-haired so, according to him, a "black" person in his small hometown meant someone with dark hair and dark eyes, rofl. What's light to a Somali is at best off-brown in the Middle-East, for instance. People are wasting their time extrapolating ancient inter-MENA perceptions of looks onto a wider, more modern perception of things.

Apollo

VIP
Reminds me of an East-Euro dude I used to know. Forgot which country. People where he's from are apparently pretty pale, blue-eyed and light-haired so, according to him, a "black" person in his small hometown meant someone with dark hair and dark eyes, rofl. What's light to a Somali is at best off-brown in the Middle-East, for instance. People are wasting their time extrapolating ancient inter-MENA perceptions of looks onto a wider, more modern perception of things.

That Black Hebrew Israelite sub-religion of AAs is entirely based on misreading those skin color statements in the bible, lol. It is dangerous as people take this racial identity crap quite seriously.

Also, that dumb take that Ham = Africans is misleading. It was some Lebanese tribe and not in reference to Africans.

Trending