Religion and Colorism

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Prophet Luqman who has a whole surah named after in the Quran, was Nubian 🙃

20210726_094113.jpg

I never claimed u said Islam is racist, not sure where you got that from? I know it’s not.

scholars are just that, scholars with opinions they don’t know everything and that interpretation is clearly wrong because it makes no sense, it just sounds like they’re tryna elevate their own skin colour and people.
They are sure of their interpretation just as you are sure of your interpretation.
Their were many influential muslim medieval interpreters who didn't hide their racism.
Today, it's different, many people are trying to hide certain things because today racism is punished.

I keep hearing about this meme of black prophets, but find zero evidence besides some murky statements on the darkness of Moses etc.. They could have been tanned Jews and not actual blacks.

There were none who were of Sub-Saharan African in origin. They were pretty much all ethnic Jews except for Muhammed who was an ethnic Arab.

Bani Israel had different origins and appearances as explained in hadiths, whats so suprising that Musa who lived most life in Souhern Egypt/Northern sudan was dark skin

I’ve noticed that a lot of religious guys who go to the masjid or are very involved with their community that I’ve seen around my age (mid 20s to late 20s) that are very religious usually are into light skin or white muslims. I asked one of my cousins about it and at first he denied that and said maybe some of his friends prefer that and it was just a preference. Further into the conversation he theorized that faith and purity is often linked to whiteness and that most of us were indoctrinated to thinking that way, especially Somalis who link being religious to being more Arab.

Thoughts? Do you guys agree?
I personally haven’t noticed that myself. A lot of colourist accusations are based on assumptions than someone actually being colourist

Apollo

VIP
Bani Israel had different origins and appearances as explained in hadiths, whats so suprising that Musa who lived most life in Souhern Egypt/Northern sudan was dark skin

Egyptians aren't black. They are Mediterranean by race.

Furthermore, they can sequence the genetics of people who died a long time ago. Israel has been covered deeply and they never found any Sub-Saharan Africans there before 500 CE.

Hence, occam's razor, all those main Abrahamic prophets looked Semitic just with varying tones, but still clearly Semitic and not Sub-Saharan African.

Claiming they were black is no better than those European larpers who paint Jesus as an Aryan Nordic with blonde hair & blue eyes, both groups (whites & blacks) are coping and changing reality (i.e. the reality that Abrahamic prophets looked Semitic/Levantine and not 'white' or 'black').

PS. These are Egyptian Jews..

Pic-from-beithatfutsot-e1514083487374.png

Apollo

VIP
Prophet Luqman who has a whole surah named after in the Quran, was Nubian 🙃

View attachment 194825

It is not clear whether he was a prophet or not. Opinions differ on him apparently.

He does not appear in the Jewish and Christian Bibles.

'' The Quran mentions the sage Luqman in the chapter named after him, but does not clearly identify him as a prophet. The most widespread Islamic belief[146] views Luqman as a saint, but not as a messenger, however, other Muslims regard Luqman as a messenger as well.[147] The Arabic term wali is commonly translated into English as "Saint". This should not be confused with the Christian tradition of sainthood. ''

Maybe because you can't get Whiter than white ? :mjlaugh:
White people are told that diversity is good and that all humans are equal no matter their skin color while a lot of Brown and Black people are told that the lighter they are the most beautiful they are. For example, some Darkskin woman would get jealous bcoz her lightskin sister gets more attention.
Meanwhile, many While people like to get a tan, because it's seen as more beautiful. (Kardashians)
We live in 2 different worlds. LOL
you make it seem like brown and black people are exempt and not “told” diversity or equality is good. You can’t possibly be real now can you? And “Darkskin” 😂 kinda sounds like you’re an idiot suffering from severe form of self-hate….that’s assuming that you are in fact POC.

Religious me as is he probably has a Muslim non Somali friend group. The obsession with white reverts and arabs is upheld with the Muslim community. Fake wadaads are obsessed with stasis symbols and their wife being white is one.

Funnily enough ciyaal suuq Somali guys aren’t phased nor are normal 5x a day with a professional job concerned with that.

Somali guys are very easily influenced by their peers
This. I've seen it for my own eyes when I was a hardcore salaf back in the days. The inferiority complex is what drives them to want a white/light shade person as a wife.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Egyptians aren't black. They are Mediterranean by race.

Furthermore, they can sequence the genetics of people who died a long time ago. Israel has been covered deeply and they never found any Sub-Saharan Africans there before 500 CE.

Hence, occam's razor, all those main Abrahamic prophets looked Semitic just with varying tones, but still clearly Semitic and not Sub-Saharan African.

Claiming they were black is no better than those European larpers who paint Jesus as an Aryan Nordic with blonde hair & blue eyes, both groups (whites & blacks) are coping and changing reality (i.e. the reality that Abrahamic prophets looked Semitic/Levantine and not 'white' or 'black').

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
So you’d follow a religion which has no proof of its claims cause of muh faith.

I believe in Islam because it makes the most sense to me, personally.

However, logically, you and I will never certainly know whether god exists or not unless we either die or have the ability to achieve immortality.

For those that have doubts, play it safe and consider Pascal's wager. Just my advice.

Trending