Why are mainland Somalis so opposed to working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
You guys need to stop saying that being a nomad is easy work. It is 1000x harder than being a blacksmith or a farmer, which is why they were warlike and always conquering sedentary people.

The Reer Magaal Somalis wouldn’t last a week in the baadiye. They’re sick, drugged, lazy, incompetent but stop acting as if the nomadic life had any impact on that.

There is nothing honourable about being a slave for a king or an emperor like the Chinese.

Ive seen this aswell in Hargeisa I saw this turkish painter and I thought these youth complain about lack of Jobs when a Guy from TURKEY of all places works here painting walls

It is a Pride thing where they look Down on many Jobs in their head a job is working in a Office wearing a suit
Because they do not recruit somalis because of their tribe

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
The irrigation potential of Southern Somalia is not more than 1 million hectares which isn’t enough to be self sufficient in anything! That’s not even including the fact that the Juba river is shared with Kenya/Ethiopia and the Shabelle river is shared with Ethiopia. The latter already has plans to build more dams on both the rivers, and Somalia doesn’t have a water agreement with them. And that 1M figure isn’t even including evaporation rates which are insanely high (1500mm+ a year), or the fact that Somalis on the Ethiopian side of the border are picking up farming and will be using the rivers. As for rainfed agriculture, it’s unreliable due to climate change. Look at the hundreds of thousands of displaced rahanweyn farmers.

It's less than 400-300k hectares actually and decreasing as more gets used up by new farms in the Galbeed.

The South does have potential for rain-fed agriculture in areas with over 500mm/year (2-5 million ha).

However it would be a risky commercial investment with us being the butt end of climate change.

Only solution would be to come up with rainfall collection schemes that cost less than a cent per cubic metre of water (>$100 per hectare in irrigation).

Everything has to be learned so maybe we just haven't learned how to work or be united. We need ambition too. The right kind of ambition.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
in Somalia theirs no Recruitment company the owners choice some body from his clan , even if he is not right person for this job.

I told a few relatives back home why not work for free any business and in the long run it could lead to a job

They all gave me the same answer

- you think Im crazy working for free
:faysalwtf:

I told a few relatives back home why not work for free any business and in the long run it could lead to a job

They all gave me the same answer

- you think Im crazy working for free
:faysalwtf:
Somalia is totally different western countries , even if they got work they are not given enough salary , if you work a shop you can only earn 60 dollars per month

Family back home makes me sick tbh
They always get what they want when they ask for it
And i go to school, and after school i work at this factory in different shifts

And then they even ask me for money even tho i get like 6$/hr :mjlol: and they do nothing the whole day every day

Status
Not open for further replies.