Why are mainland Somalis so opposed to working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this for a while now and would like to hear some thoughts & opinions.

It is common knowledge that Somalis are not fond of working for a living, period. Mainland Somalis have been enabled by the diaspora to expect free money on a permanent and fixed regular income. Whats worse is that despite not being able to support themselves, they go and and marry multiple women, have children and frantically call you in the middle of the night "my kids don't have milk please send some money". WTF?

Somalia has become the only country on earth where the natural forces of Darwanism doesn't work, to the great detriment of Somalia, thanks to the diaspora. The result is a rapidly increasing Somali population, despite being the poorest nation on earth, which is completely opposite of what should be happening considering the reality on the ground. Half of Somalia would have perished/not existed if we had left them to their own devices, which in my opinion is the right and honourable thing to do.

Today a large percentage Somalis absolutely refuse to work, even those who are dirt poor !! My brother in law has a hotel in Hargeisa and I was shocked when I visited in 2015 that he had two Indian employees. He literally imported foreign workers to work at his hotel, despite speaking ZERO English/Somali. :mindblown:

How the f*ck did we get to this point? How the f*ck could he not find employees in the country, in a country with close to 100% unemployment?? Brother in law told me it was very difficult to find reliable Somali employees and most couldn't even be trusted. They work for a few weeks and then just disappear into thin air. You ask them to buy some meat for the restaurant and they go take it home. Granted you see a few working in construction and fishing for a few hours of the day, but vast majority just sit around cafes sipping teas and talking until maghrib, I seriously don't even know how one can live like that.

This is in stark contrast to what I saw in Kenya. I drove a six hour trip from Nairobi to Mombasa, which was the highlight of my trip (beautiful country by the way), I saw nothing but amazing forests, farms and trees for the entire trip. I saw kenyans hustling all day, farming, selling fruits and vegetables on the streets, selling bottled water, cooked corn. They were up 5 am in the morning selling goods on the streets and on the field working their crops. It was honestly amazing to see. To say I was disappointed at what I saw in Somalia is a huge understatement.

This is something very serious and needs to be discussed. The work ethic of Somalis is absolutely horrendous. We have as a culture some of the worst traits combined as possible. This country will never amount to anything unless this is addressed. Can anyone tell me how we got to this point, was it always like this???

Can somalis please stop sending money overseas? This sounds heartless, but the world operates on "survival of the fittest". If these guys can't sustain themselves, we are doing a disservice to humanity by cheating mother nature. If these guys had their backs agains the wall, I can assure you 100% they would find a way to work together and find peace, but this influx of free money is causing huge distortions in the economy and culture of the country.

Last edited:
Somalis are naturally lazy but I do find it odd how they went from the most hard working ethnic group few hundred years ago to this being a nomad requires alot more hard work than what 90% of the world does for a living:icon e geek:

Somalis are naturally lazy but I do find it odd how they went from the most hard working ethnic group few hundred years ago to this being a nomad requires alot more hard work than what 90% of the world does for a living:icon e geek:

Whenever someone tries to discuss the current dismal situation in Somalia, there is always a reference to the "glory days" of Italian colonialism and the epic goat herding of our forefathers. Come on give me a break, have some dignity.

Last edited:

mrlog

VIP
I've been thinking about this for a while now and would like to hear some thoughts & opinions.

It is common knowledge that Somalis are not fond of working for a living, period. Mainland Somalis have been enabled by the diaspora to expect free money on a permanent and fixed regular income. Whats worse is that despite not being able to support themselves, they go and and marry multiple women, have children and frantically call you in the middle of the night "my kids don't have milk please send some money". WTF?

Somalia has become the only country on earth where the natural forces of Darwanism doesn't work, to the great detriment of Somalia, thanks to the diaspora. The result is a rapidly increasing Somali population, despite being the poorest nation on earth, which is completely opposite of what should be happening considering the reality on the ground. Half of Somalia would have perished/not existed if we had left them to their own devices, which in my opinion is the right and honourable thing to do.

Today a large percentage Somalis absolutely refuse to work, even those who are dirt poor !! My brother in law has a hotel in Hargeisa and I was shocked when I visited in 2015 that he had two Indian employees. He literally imported foreign workers to work at his hotel, despite speaking ZERO English/Somali. :mindblown:

How the f*ck did we get to this point? How the f*ck could he not find employees in the country, in a country with close to 100% unemployment?? Brother in law told me it was very difficult to find reliable Somali employees and most couldn't even be trusted. They work for a few weeks and then just Diaspora into thin air. You ask them to buy some meat for the restaurant and they go take it home. Granted you see a few working in construction and fishing for a few hours of the day, but vast majority just sit around cafes sipping teas and talking until maghrib, I seriously don't even know how one can live like that.

This is in stark contrast to what I saw in Kenya. I drove a six hour trip from Nairobi to Mombasa, which was the highlight of my trip (beautiful country by the way), I saw nothing but amazing forests, farms and trees for the entire trip. I saw kenyans hustling all day, farming, selling fruits and vegetables on the streets, selling bottled water, cooked corn. They were up 5 am in the morning selling goods on the streets and on the field working their crops. It was honestly amazing to see. To say I was disappointed at what I saw in Somalia is a huge understatement.

This is something very serious and needs to be discussed. The work ethic of Somalis is absolutely horrendous. We have as a culture some of the worst traits combined as possible. This country will never amount to anything unless this is addressed. Can anyone tell me how we got to this point, was it always like this???

Can somalis please stop sending money overseas? This sounds heartless, but the world operates on "survival of the fittest". If these guys can't sustain themselves, we are doing a disservice to humanity by cheating mother nature. If these guys had their backs agains the wall, I can assure you 100% they would find a way to work together and find peace, but this influx of free money is causing huge distortions in the economy and culture of the country.

Naya ain't no one got time to read this thesis.
Can you provide a recap so we can comment on it.
:noneck:

Somalis are not lazy.

Go and become a geeljire for 3days and see how you survive.

We have a major problem with “Daqan Xuman”.

Somalia needs a cultural revolution. Educating the women is probably the most important thing to change this. An educated women who works in Somalia won’t have 10 children. She will put quality over quantity any day.

We don’t have a lazy problem, we have a confidence problem. The level of entitlement and daqan Xuman in Somalia is out of control. It affects the mindset of every Gobol and the way to start changing it is through high quality movies and content that teaches the next generation hard work and women in leadership.

did not read.

e65.gif

did not read.

e65.gif

Can someone please explain to me this internet phenomena where someone comes into a thread and emphatically posts that they did not read the thread. I've seen this happen multiple times on this site, can someone please explain they psychology of this??

Somalis are not lazy.

Somalia needs a cultural revolution. Educating the women is probably the most important thing to change this. An educated women who works in Somalia won’t have 10 children. She will put quality over quantity any day.

We don’t have a lazy problem, we have a confidence problem. The level of entitlement and daqan Xuman in Somalia is out of control. It affects the mindset of every Gobol and the way to start changing it is through high quality movies and content that teaches the next generation hard work and women in leadership.

You have made a number of explanations, "daqan xuman" & "confidence problems". This is extremely vague, what does that mean????

When you say "daqan xuman", I agree in essence. Culture is corrupted, which is the point I was trying to get across.

mrlog

VIP
Somalis are not lazy.

Larry sxb I'm due to collect my Hagbad in Dec.
Been hustling for 30 months thus expecting kuus wanaagsan.
Already changed my digits, moved to a diff city etc to avoid Shaxaad.
Only thing I now need is financial advice on what to invest in.

Help a brother out baan ku idhi.

:samwelcome:

Nomadic culture isnt really hard work
Whenever shit went bad instead of utilizing the land they dipped and looked for better
Makes sense since the diasporo
Cheats there way out
:manny:
Can’t even run a government
It’s not in our genetics

I wish I knew why Somalis back home were so lazy. Unless they're the owner occupier, they're not happy working. I think it's down to destructive pride/hubris.

Larry sxb I'm due to collect my Hagbad in Dec.
Been hustling for 30 months thus expecting kuus wanaagsan.
Already changed my digits, moved to a diff city etc to avoid Shaxaad.
Only thing I now need is financial advice on what to invest in.

Help a brother out baan ku idhi.

:samwelcome:

The new website is almost done I’m working on the new content to launch it. Many answers will be in there

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Livestock herding doesn't require that much hard work so you can't blame us for being the way we are atm.

Same reason I can't see Somalis working 10 hour shifts in factories like the Asians did to develop their country.

We need to come up with a new development strategy that works with us otherwise you'll just end up beating a dead camel.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I wish I knew why Somalis back home were so lazy. Unless they're the owner occupier, they're not happy working. I think it's down to destructive pride/hubris.
Ive seen this aswell in Hargeisa I saw this turkish painter and I thought these youth complain about lack of Jobs when a Guy from TURKEY of all places works here painting walls

It is a Pride thing where they look Down on many Jobs in their head a job is working in a Office wearing a suit

Because Somali culture doesn't promote hard work or work for that matter. Somalis, like xoolo, were duur ku jir just 60 years ago. It's all they know. They look down on handymen and people who farm, by doing that, they eliminate like 80% of jobs, so what the f*ck by qabanayaan? Niggas are called xamaali, in an insulting fashion, if they pave roads or build a house or pick up a fucking musmaar.

World

VIP
Working in a hotel or a restaurant would be a good job for those back home, they only look down on hard menial labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending