Why are dogs dislike in islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the angels don't enter houses that contain dogs since they don't take care of themselves like cats and can see the angels and jinn. Yet i still don't understand the cold attitude the arabs had towards dogs. They are harmless creatures if trained well and are most certainly man's best friend if looked after well and trained properly. Muslims don't have to keep dogs on their property or even own them to display even a little sympathy for them. They are allah's creation after all and a prostitute from bani israel was saved by showing kindness to a stray thirsty dog, so why can't muslims treat dogs nicely instead of killing them and branding them devils. I have met a few dogs in my lifetime and they are the friendliest creatures, yet some muslims act as if they will die if a dog touches them.

I still think that muslim countries need to kick their backwards mentality and start treating dogs more like fellow creatures of god rather than killing them and treating them harshly. As for the hadith ordering the killing of black dogs, it turns out that jinn take the form of black animals like dogs, cats and other black birds.

0lao8tzs6tc01.png
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
reward.png
quote-a-prostitute-was-forgiven-by-allah-because-passing-by-a-panting-dog-near-a-well-and-seeing-that-muhammad-254766.jpg

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Animals are disliked in Islam, except cats. Have you seen how they treat their animals in the muslim World?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Who told you that Arabs don't like dogs?

Maybe the Middle East, Idk how they treat dogs in the Middle East but not where I live

There are many of 'em in my area, and a lot of 'em have dogs just like kids. The problem is with some somalis who almost get a heart attack on seeing a dog a mile away; irrational fear:mjlol:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Animals are disliked in Islam, except cats. Have you seen how they treat their animals in the muslim World?
Hold it right there buddy!:gucciwhat:

Did your ayeeyo narrate this mythical story to you when you were young? I can tell you're a bit ignorant.

Ok, how about you stop generalizing things you know nothing about? :jaynerd:

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Hold it right there buddy!:gucciwhat:

Did your ayeeyo narrate this mythical story to you when you were young? I can tell you're a bit ignorant.

Ok, how about you stop generalizing things you know nothing about? :jaynerd:

:siilaanyolaugh:

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Better question, why are so many 1st generation somalis scared of dogs?
I think it’s because the dogs in somalia tend to be more dangerous so parents distill fear into their children. Plus their saliva is impure meaning any area that comes into contact with the saliva or excrement (urine or stool) has to be cleansed once with water that is mixed with earth (soil) and then followed by clean water 6 times

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Anything that is prohibited by Allah is good for us to stay away from it. Pigs are prohibited. Dogs same. We just need to follow the Islam rule. Period.

Personally, i find dogs very loving. Remember u r not supposed to mistreat them. The arabs mistreating or the Somalis running away from them like mad zombies, jumping up fences and crying alaa baa'aaye upon seeing a tongue wagging dog, is not the Islam way. It is a reaction brought in by misconception, ignorance, and possibly childhood trauma of the village dog biting their futo!

Our hearts are the most prized organ. It has an ability to feel mercy and compassion. That is God.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
according to the most preponderant opinion, the command to kill the all-black dogs is abrogated as stated by An-Nawawi, “The scholars agreed about killing a voracious dog, but they differed about dogs that do not harm. Imaam al-Haramayn (al-Juwayni) said, 'The Prophet
icon--1.gif
commanded the killing of all dogs and then this was abrogated with the exception of all-black dogs, and then the Sharee'ah established that it is prohibited to kill all kinds of dogs that do not harm, even the all-black dog.”
http://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/335128/

Who told you that Arabs don't like dogs?

Maybe the Middle East, Idk how they treat dogs in the Middle East but not where I live

There are many of 'em in my area, and a lot of 'em have dogs just like kids. The problem is with some somalis who almost get a heart attack on seeing a dog a mile away; irrational fear:mjlol:
I was talking about muslim countries. Btw those guys aren't using dogs to herd sheep so they are not praying i guess because it would not be excepted anyway. My main point is muslims in their native countries have land and can look after dogs according to the ruling if they use them as shepherd or gaurd dogs, yet they act like touching a dog will kill them.

I understand that the angels don't enter houses that contain dogs since they don't take care of themselves like cats and can see the angels and jinn. Yet i still don't understand the cold attitude the arabs had towards dogs. They are harmless creatures if trained well and are most certainly man's best friend if looked after well and trained properly. Muslims don't have to keep dogs on their property or even own them to display even a little sympathy for them. They are allah's creation after all and a prostitute from bani israel was saved by showing kindness to a stray thirsty dog, so why can't muslims treat dogs nicely instead of killing them and branding them devils. I have met a few dogs in my lifetime and they are the friendliest creatures, yet some muslims act as if they will die if a dog touches them.

I still think that muslim countries need to kick their backwards mentality and start treating dogs more like fellow creatures of god rather than killing them and treating them harshly. As for the hadith ordering the killing of black dogs, it turns out that jinn take the form of black animals like dogs, cats and other black birds.

0lao8tzs6tc01.png
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
reward.png
quote-a-prostitute-was-forgiven-by-allah-because-passing-by-a-panting-dog-near-a-well-and-seeing-that-muhammad-254766.jpg
I remember early on when I first started becoming friends with somali's these 2 people I knew came over the house and when they noticed a dog was in my house they ran for their life. I thought it was hilarious at the time and thought wow everyone has their fear but now I get it.

I remember early on when I first started becoming friends with somali's these 2 people I knew came over the house and when they noticed a dog was in my house they ran for their life. I thought it was hilarious at the time and thought wow everyone has their fear but now I get it.
Are you somali? also there is a legitimate reason to keep dogs to guard your property and they also like all creatures on earth deserve love and care. Although most muslims stay away from dogs because you have to make wudu.

according to the most preponderant opinion, the command to kill the all-black dogs is abrogated as stated by An-Nawawi, “The scholars agreed about killing a voracious dog, but they differed about dogs that do not harm. Imaam al-Haramayn (al-Juwayni) said, 'The Prophet
icon--1.gif
commanded the killing of all dogs and then this was abrogated with the exception of all-black dogs, and then the Sharee'ah established that it is prohibited to kill all kinds of dogs that do not harm, even the all-black dog.”
http://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/335128/

@Cigaal

Interesting. There are many dog breeds who are black, some are unfriendly and need training to be less hostile to humans, while the majority of them are non-threatening & harmless. Who are the black dogs the Hadith mentions?

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
We obviously shouldnt treat them dirt since its Allah creation who has feelings. But they are filthy that should be kept away from homes. Unless is for protection but even that let it be outside your house.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
@Cigaal

Interesting. There are many dog breeds who are black, some are unfriendly and need training to be less hostile to humans, while the majority of them are non-threatening & harmless. Who are the black dogs the Hadith mentions?
I’m not sure but I think it might be literal. Or maybe jinns can morph to black dogs. But the command was only in medina and was never general. But it has been abrogated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending