Whos allowed to say naaya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the guys think this is shukaansi but wooqiye girls like @RICH and @guntiino101 disagree kkkk so abdis its clearly not working on your targetted demographic. Maybe stick to qalanjo instead?

I have never heard anyone seriously use the word. It can be insult but most people I know use it on people they know for banter like a mum to her daughter or something.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
I say it to my friends all the time and they don't mind it. It's kinda like how guys call each other "man", "ninyahow". It's caadi.
Waryaahe is gender neutral, it's not exclusive to guys only.

Men who call women naaya have no manners. That's a fact.
When a man calls you naaya, women usually interpret it as "naag-yahay", basically, "you woman". It sounds demeaning and sexist, hence why they get angry. It's not rocket science, really.
It's caadi when women say it to each other because women aren't inherently sexist to each other.:zhqjlmx:Wa kaas dee.

Yes! A lot of reer waqooyi men call women naaya but they're usually lowclass/reer miyi/unmannered people.:eating:
Men from respectable families avoid saying it.

My hooyo and ayeeyos sometimes call/called me "naa Cawooy" but that's it.
My aabo & awoowo have never ever called me "naayaa"
Habos, eedos: Not anymore. Only when I was a kiddo.
Adeeros, abtiyaal: Nope.
Siblings: Kuma dhacaan.:eating:

I say it to my friends all the time and they don't mind it. It's kinda like how guys call each other "man", "ninyahow". It's caadi.
Waryaahe is gender neutral, it's not exclusive to guys only.

Men who call women naaya have no manners. That's a fact.
When a man calls you naaya, women usually interpret it as "naag-yahay", basically, "you woman". It sounds demeaning and sexist, hence why they get angry. It's not rocket science, really.
It's caadi when women say it to each other because women aren't inherently sexist to each other.:zhqjlmx:Wa kaas dee.

Yes! A lot of reer waqooyi men call women naaya but they're usually lowclass/reer miyi/unmannered people.:eating:
Men from respectable families avoid saying it.

My hooyo and ayeeyos sometimes call/called me "naa Cawooy" but that's it.
My aabo & awoowo have never ever called me "naayaa"
Habos, eedos: Not anymore. Only when I was a kiddo.
Adeeros, abtiyaal: Nope.
Siblings: Kuma dhacaan.:eating:
Great post but one question

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.