Who were the ancient Egyptians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boranas, Rendille and all those weird tribes between South Ethiopia and North Kenya. They speak the closest languages to Somali, but are diluted Somalis rather than being proto-Somalis (as in ancestral, which they are not).

Those niccas have absorbed too much nilotic DNA. And the South Cushites are all but extinct.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Fact: Somalis are Ancient Egyptians turned geeljire due to successive invasion from Greeks, Persians, Romans, Arabs and so on...

AE's used to consume khat and burn frankincense & Myrrh just like modern-day Somalis.

Forget Ancient Egyptians, they were incestuous weirdos with voluntary bidar. You're from Punt, son. :rejoice:

Apollo

VIP
Those niccas have absorbed too much nilotic DNA. And the South Cushites are all but extinct.

Their admixture is mainly Omotic, not Nilotic. Also, their % of Cushitic ancestry is very high (in the upper 80s and lower 90s). They aren't mutts in that way, just Omotic-shifted weird ass semi-Somalis.

An ethnic group that has since time immemorial been associated with pastoralism, and stuck their noses up in the air at those who tilled the earth are associating themselves with one of the first civilisations to practice agriculture.:wtfdis:

How ironic that some of us have the nerve to label AA's insecure.

Somalis would probably have been like the Blood Milkshake drinking Borans were it not for Islam.

Apollo

VIP
An ethnic group that has since time immemorial been associated with pastoralism, and stuck their noses up in the air at those who tilled the earth are associating themselves with one of the first civilisations to practice agriculture.:wtfdis:

Somalis would probably have been like the Blood Milkshake drinking Borans were it not for Islam.

Cushitic culture wasn't primitive like Nilotes. The blood drinking and the naked ooga booga stuff is Nilotic culture, not Cushitic.

The Kerma culture of Kush spoke a Cushitic language.

And still claiming to be pure Dir from Somalia not rooble team.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
They admitted not to have examined all the mummies. Egyptian Pharaohs should have similar genetics to E1B1B group. Somalis carry the highest percentage of that.

"Outside Europe, E1b1b is found at high frequencies in Morocco (over 80%), Somalia (80%), Ethiopia (40% to 80%), Tunisia (70%), Algeria (60%), Egypt (40%), Jordan (25%), Palestine (20%), and Lebanon (17.5%). On the European continent it has the highest concentration in Kosovo (over 45%), Albania and Montenegro (both 27%), Bulgaria (23%), Macedonia and Greece (both 21%), Cyprus (20%), Sicily (20%), South Italy (18.5%), Serbia (18%) and Romania (15%)."

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

Apollo

VIP
They admitted not to have examined all the mummies. Egyptian Pharaohs should have similar genetics to E1B1B group. Somalis carry the highest percentage of that.

"Outside Europe, E1b1b is found at high frequencies in Morocco (over 80%), Somalia (80%), Ethiopia (40% to 80%), Tunisia (70%), Algeria (60%), Egypt (40%), Jordan (25%), Palestine (20%), and Lebanon (17.5%). On the European continent it has the highest concentration in Kosovo (over 45%), Albania and Montenegro (both 27%), Bulgaria (23%), Macedonia and Greece (both 21%), Cyprus (20%), Sicily (20%), South Italy (18.5%), Serbia (18%) and Romania (15%)."

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

Haplogroups are meaningless. It often tricks newbies into thinking unrelated ethnic groups are close. You will always have to use it in conjunction with mtDNA and autosomal ancestry to get the full picture.

Northwest African Berbers have little in common with Somalis. Don't be fooled by the haplogroup frequencies. Male haplogroups are notoriously unrepresentative of the ancestry of ethnic groups.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
Well just recently they took DNA test from mummies. And they found out that their DNA is more similar to people of the Regions of Turkey, and the Levant. They got mummies from Time periods of The new kingdom to the ptolomeic time periods and examined the all. And cake up with that comclusion. I'm still a little skeptical because they method of experimentation wasn't explained. Also there could be so many errors. But they are using science so....

The thing is, I remember reading the statements and prayers of Queen Hatsepshut, and she referenced the Land of Punt being the origins of the Ancient Egyptians, the land of "Gods".

None of this matters really. But it's interesting from a historical, anthropological, and archaeological standpoint. Also this would shut people up, as soon as we get a conclusion.

Cushitic culture wasn't primitive like Nilotes. The blood drinking and the naked ooga booga stuff is Nilotic culture, not Cushitic.

The Kerma culture of Kush spoke a Cushitic language.

You seem to ignore that it has been suggested that there were ancient cultural exchanges between the Nilotes and the Cushites prior to the formation of the Somali ethnic group and other Lowland East Cushitic ethnic groups.

The Sky God is even thought to have been borrowed from the Nilotes in ancient times. Was Waaqa borrowed from Kerma Culture too?

Apollo

VIP
Well just recently they took DNA test from mummies. And they found out that their DNA is more similar to people of the Regions of Turkey, and the Levant. They got mummies from Time periods of The new kingdom to the ptolomeic time periods and examined the all. And cake up with that comclusion. I'm still a little skeptical because they method of experimentation wasn't explained. Also there could be so many errors. But they are using science so....

The thing is, I remember reading the statements and prayers of Queen Hatsepshut, and she referenced the Land of Punt being the origins of the Ancient Egyptians, the land of "Gods".

None of this matters really. But it's interesting from a historical, anthropological, and archaeological standpoint. Also this would shut people up, as soon as we get a conclusion.

The more they test Ancient Egyptians the more consistent this pattern will become.

Modern Coptic Egyptians already solidify the theory that Ancient Egyptians were genetically less Sub-Saharan than modern Arab Egyptians.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
You seem to ignore that it has been suggested that there were ancient cultural exchanges between the Nilotes and the Cushites prior to the formation of the Somali ethnic group and other Lowland East Cushitic ethnic groups.

The Sky God is even thought to have been borrowed from the Nilotes in ancient times. Was Waaqa borrowed from Kerma Culture too?
isn't waaq Egyptian mythology or something

Apollo

VIP

There is a difference between Nilo-Saharan and Nilotic. Nilotic is a recent sub-branch of NS. Cushites had no contact with blood drinking Nilotics until recently and only a few of them did, not all.

You are quite the ignoramus.

There is a difference between Nilo-Saharan and Nilotic. Nilotic is a recent sub-branch of NS. Cushites had no contact with blood drinking Nilotics until recently and only a few of them did, not all.

You are quite the ignoramus.

What evidence do you have that drinking blood was an innovation that was later adopted by Lowland East Cushites such as the Boran from their Nilotic neighbours, and not practiced by the Nilo-Saharan ancestors of groups such as the Maasai? Enlighten me with your infinite wisdom.

Drop sources boy.

Apollo

VIP
What evidence do you have that drinking blood was an innovation that was later adopted by Lowland East Cushites such as the Boran from their Nilotic neighbours, and not practiced by the Nilo-Saharan ancestors of groups such as the Maasai? Enlighten me with your infinite wisdom.

Drop sources boy.

What evidence do you have that blood drinking was part of Cushitic culture? Do the Beja do it? Do the Agaw do it? Do the Saho do it? Do the Afar do it?

Just because some Cushites who live a few miles away from Nilotes do it does not mean it is originally Cushitic.

Ancient Cushitic culture was more similar to Berber, Hebrew, and Ancient Egyptian culture than to Nilo-Saharan.

What evidence do you have that blood drinking was part of Cushitic culture? Do the Beja do it? Do the Agaw do it? Do the Saho do it? Do the Afar do it?

Just because some Cushites who live a few miles away from Nilotes do it does not mean it is originally Cushitic.

Ancient Cushitic culture was more similar to Berber, Hebrew, and Ancient Egyptian culture than to Nilo-Saharan.

You do not have any evidence, I see.

Now listen here, did I say Ancient Cushites drank blood with milk? No.

All those ethnic groups you mentioned are Muslim apart from the Agaw. Moreover, the Agaw and Beja are not Lowland East Cushites. The Cushites split in ancient times and the Lowland East Cushites took a different migratory path to East Africa. Considering that the Boran are considered to be the most authentic Oromos and only recently became Muslim, one can hypothesise that the pre-Islamic Somalis might have had the same cultural practices as them.

You see I did not state that they definitely drank blood with milk, I said they probably did. No need to get triggered my friend, I don't think the Boran have much Bantu blood so there is no shame in being associated with them.

Their admixture is mainly Omotic, not Nilotic. Also, their % of Cushitic ancestry is very high (in the upper 80s and lower 90s). They aren't mutts in that way, just Omotic-shifted weird ass semi-Somalis.

I don't understand what you mean when you say 'Omotic'. I always thought it was a language group. Are they a distinct ethnicity? Why do they look like nilotics if they are Afro-Asiatic speakers? And why are we the only ones in the HOA who haven't mixed with them?

You just gave a great new idea for a blood frappacino. It would be very popular in Kenya and Ethiopia.:banderas:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending