Who reads Somali literature here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
I'm looking for suggestions. Not really looking for online sources but hard copy books. Either fiction or history.

Much appreciated. :icon mrgreen:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
are you a bantu, madow mareykan, on a somali forum asking for somali literature, with a link to some arab man singing habesha song?

well... you should read Saxarla by Faarax Maxamud Maxamed

BANTU

+op MVLI
are you a bantu, madow mareykan, on a somali forum asking for somali literature, with a link to some arab man singing habesha song?

well... you should read Saxarla by Faarax Maxamud Maxamed
tenor.gif

Since you're the only suggestion I will buy this book. But why do you like it?What's it about?

Zailah

Exam season guys !
Thank you, but I should've mentioned I would like Somali language literature.

Unless Nurrudin wrote this one in English and Somali. That would be dope!

I don’t think so. The only reason why there aren’t many Somali language literature novels are because the writing system was only was created in 1972 and 18 years later the war started. There are a small number of Somali novelists like Nadifa Mohamed and Nurruddin Farah but even they don’t write in Somali.

I'm looking for suggestions. Not really looking for online sources but hard copy books. Either fiction or history.

Much appreciated. :icon mrgreen:

If you are looking for romantic, nostalgic or as somalis say 'berisamaad', i would suggest a book calles MAANA FAAY. Its about a boy and a girl from xamar who fell in love in kacaan era of somalia. Really good book.

Other book i would suggest is AYAAN DARAN. Its about a girl who give her cookie once and gets pregnent out of wedlock. The story takes place in somalia so its fucking that drama shit.

BANTU

+op MVLI
If you are looking for romantic, nostalgic or as somalis say 'berisamaad', i would suggest a book calles MAANA FAAY. Its about a boy and a girl from xamar who fell in love in kacaan era of somalia. Really good book.

Other book i would suggest is AYAAN DARAN. Its about a girl who give her cookie once and gets pregnent out of wedlock. The story takes place in somalia so its fucking that drama shit.
Thanks so much.

I now have 3 books to buy and read.

BANTU

+op MVLI

I couldnt buy either of these books unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

I bought Saxarla @Xooshdheere

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Bantu asking about Somali literature and Qatari asking about Somali clan structure on Youtube:damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.