Who in here can't speak Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
am I the only one who never learned to fluently speak afsomali on here.

Anyone recently become fluent in it? If so what did you do?

Both my parents spoke mostly English to me as a child. They had mixture of Somali in there as well so I can understand like 25% of what people say to me.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
That was a compliment and an insult moulded into one..:ulyin:

The Sheikh has karbashing blood inside him. As much I like to give it rest of karbashing since Ramadan is around the corner. It just sometimes the karbashing spills into my sentences.

I can't help myself I'm a proud Sheikh/Karbasher. :manny:

Cause of the way I speak on here. Surprisingly in the beginning people thought I was AA. I guess they want me to speak like a white person. Cause I know a shit load of Somalis that talk similar to me.

Forgive me..I am guilty of that too..and your dp doesn't help either aboowe..:browtf:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I can't read Somali very well but my speaking is okay. It's a struggle to speak but I can usually understand what people are saying provided they aren't speaking in some exotic dialect.

I plan on going back in a few years. I know enough now that I will probably become an expert in a month. My grammar and everything is good. I just need to broaden my vocabulary.

Listening to Somali music has helped my ears get used to different words. I use google translate on words that I hear repeated through different songs (usually something to do with love :mjlol:).

Google can't translate cashaqo though.
:ileycry:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
You're speaking a white language. How else should you speak?
:mindblown:
There is English and there is nigga english sxb. If you met me in real life I talk pretty proper to be honest. It's just when I'm comfortable I'm just using a lot more slang.

trust me all my fellow abdis be roasting my ass for it. Someone said I sound like imma do they taxes.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
@Sheikh What's funny about that post? :birdman::farmajoyaab:

Walaal @xalimathe6 the thing funny with your post that caught my attention was. I remembered almost the Somali kids that either born or raised the in the diaspora usually speak English. And seeing you said that your parents used to speak to you in English majority of the time meant you either adapted to the diaspora culture of speaking English but speaking limited af Somali my guess.

How is your af Somali abaayo?

Rank it 1 to 10.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I can't read Somali very well but my speaking is okay. It's a struggle to speak but I can usually understand what people are saying provided they aren't speaking in some exotic dialect.

I plan on going back in a few years. I know enough now that I will probably become an expert in a month. My grammar and everything is good. I just need to broaden my vocabulary.

Listening to Somali music has helped my ears get used to different words. I use google translate on words that I hear repeated through different songs (usually something to do with love :mjlol:).

Google can't translate cashaqo though.
:ileycry:
Do you actually like Somali music?

I have tried to get into it. I have been to weddings with my mom and small parties she has took me to with her. And the music I can just never grow fond too.

Status
Not open for further replies.