Who else finds Bauhaus architecture appealing?

Bohol

VIP
Originating in Germany in the early 20th century. It should be introduced into Somalia.

1585710525509.png

1585710580000.png

1585710592443.png

1585710602209.png

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Aside from Art Deco it's my favorite architecture. I was going to visit the white city in Tel Aviv one day to see buildings like those.

lalayariis

Bad cop
What would you suggest for Somalia then? design of buildings is all over the place there.
Honestly, something more closer to Greek style but with a unique twist. Somalia is hot to its best to take inspiration from hotter climates, and having all the buildings be white would make it much more bearable temperature wise. It also matches with the Somalia flag because the blue ocean and then white buildings. I don’t think there should be that many skyscrapers, that should be left to the top 3 biggest/most economically important cites. Those cities will resemble the modern western world.

here are some examples.
D5FD0A5E-5C94-447C-AB47-CD8486258C5F.jpeg

52B738A1-9B5B-4B05-A3E0-458584D29AD6.jpeg

FDD5A894-AF08-43AC-9643-B962F97B0065.jpeg
618CFAFE-9D8B-4E53-91E6-955E661F0C37.jpeg

Bohol

VIP
Honestly, something more closer to Greek style but with a unique twist. Somalia is hot to its best to take inspiration from hotter climates, and having all the buildings be white would make it much more bearable temperature wise. It also matches with the Somalia flag because the blue ocean and then white buildings. I don’t think there should be that many skyscrapers, that should be left to the top 3 biggest/most economically important cites. Those cities will resemble the modern western world.

here are some examples.
View attachment 102724
View attachment 102725
View attachment 102726View attachment 102727

Not all Somalia is hot though it has different climates. Bauhaus design would suit somewhere like Ceerigaabo or Borama.

Ceerigaabo
1585711576605.png

Borama
1585711634391.png

Santiago

Adeer macaane ii waran
The buildings in Somalia and the houses...Innaalilaahi waa innaa Ilayhi raajicuun you would think a blind autistic ape designed them

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP

here are some examples.
View attachment 102724
View attachment 102725
View attachment 102726View attachment 102727
We need to create our own unique architecture :it0tdo8:

Notice the 2 homes around this old Mosque in Mogadishu. They look like they represent a unique Somali take on Modernist architecture.

Bild9_Old_Lighthouse.jpg

I wonder if anyone has any other pictures of these type of homes in Mogadishu in the 70's and 80's. You can still see that one of them looks exactly the dominant avant-garde in vogue in Somalia for the last 20 years.

What do you guys think of this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid

I hate this kind of building with a passion look's like section 8 housing I can already tell it's super crammed and has problems with lack of sunlight. Looks too much like brutalist architecture if Somalia ever adopts this kind of style I will never invest back in the future. It's far to hideous to look at , we have chance to start a fresh please don't make this the norm

:nahgirl:

Kinda interesting. The design looks very functionality based. Not the most visually inspiring. Lol some tell me why the bottom two looks like a facility a mad scientist. Is coming up with plans.

I hate this kind of building with a passion look's like section 8 housing I can already tell it's super crammed and has problems with lack of sunlight. Looks too much like brutalist architecture if Somalia ever adopts this kind of style I will never invest back in the future. It's far to hideous to look at , we have chance to start a fresh please don't make this the norm

:nahgirl:
Exactly! Not cute.

as long as qabilism still exists, i doubt any of this will happen
but ngl the the first one should be implemented into xamar and kismaayo

Bohol

VIP
Notice the 2 homes around this old Mosque in Mogadishu. They look like they represent a unique Somali take on Modernist architecture.

View attachment 102764

I wonder if anyone has any other pictures of these type of homes in Mogadishu in the 70's and 80's. You can still see that one of them looks exactly the dominant avant-garde in vogue in Somalia for the last 20 years.

What do you guys think of this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Those kind of house styles are common in Oman and parts of old UAE (Aman, Sharjah etc).

Trending

Latest posts