Who built the Gedi ruins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not BS, this isn't even contested history, retaking Baraawe from the Portuguese was one of the main goals of the Ottoman and Arab fleet in the 18th century and one of the key accomplishments of the war.
lol my grandma's friend is hawiye and when i asked her about portugese in somalia she said and i quote;

"falaar baa looga kacshe" which means we pushed them back with arrows.

I know you might be a revisionist but even the powerful brits had a problem conquering somalis for 200 yrs let alone laangab Portuguese so f off.

lol my grandma's friend is hawiye and when i asked her about portugese in somalia she said and i quote;

I know you might be a revisionist but even the powerful brits had a problem conquering somalis for 200 yrs let alone laangab Portuguese so f off.

Portuguese were extremely powerful and have a rich history. It's no big deal that they controlled Baraawe for a period of time. This doesn't make us look bad or anything.

James Dahl is one of the leading lectors and professors in Suugo Science on here. Put some respect on his name

@James Dahl, when was the Ajuuran Kingdom at its peak and how did they function? What was so tyrannical about the rulers at the end?

Why is the history on Ajuuran so hard to find? Some Arab should have a wrote a book about them like Adal.

@James Dahl, when was the Ajuuran Kingdom at its peak and how did they function? What was so tyrannical about the rulers at the end?

Why is the history on Ajuuran so hard to find? Some Arab should have a wrote a book about them like Adal.

A history book on any part of Somali history is extremely hard to find. There isn't even a book written on the Barre government, let alone the Ajuuraan Empire. Somali history is a criminally neglected field of study.

Somali people have historically chafed at being ruled by others, the fact that the Ajuuraan were a hegemonic empire is enough to be tyrannical from the point of view of their subjects, and they had a lot of subjects as the Ajuuraan was a feudal and federated empire with many vassal Garaads.

The Silcis in Afgooye were one of them right?
Yes along with the original Geledi sultanate at Luuq, led by the Garsoguude subclan of Geledi (modern Geledi sultanate is a different branch of Geledi) and the Hiraab Hawiye as well. Mogadishu, Marka and Baraawe were all also under Ajuuraan but had their own governments.

Yes along with the original Geledi sultanate at Luuq, led by the Garsoguude subclan of Geledi (modern Geledi sultanate is a different branch of Geledi) and the Hiraab Hawiye as well. Mogadishu, Marka and Baraawe were all also under Ajuuraan but had their own governments.

I read about the Garsoguude in Luuq:

ZrDnioi.png

rMzgric.png

HnmKTgI.png

Article is decent and contains the Geledi version of the arab fathers legend. The four brothers, Cumardiin, Fakhruddiin, Shamsuddiin and Jamaluddiin. (Diin wasn't the father of the four brothers, it's the second part of the name).

The article is extremely confused though, Geledi is Cumardiin not Fakhruddiin, and Garsoguude is a Geledi subclan not a different clan, and the Geledi did not settle at Afgoye until the 18th century when they conquered it from the Silcis.

Fakhruddiin is the man of the same name who founded the Mogadishu Sultanate. Shamsuddiin and Jamaluddiin are also the two brothers who founded the Adal Sultanate, there is no Lamu Sultanate there was a Pate sultanate but it had no ruler named Jamaluddiin. There is no evidence outside of the Geledi legend that these men are related other than the similar name.

They have the title Garaad because they were originally governors under the Ajuuraan, Garaad is an administrative title used by the Adal and Ajuuraan empires.

The four brothers legend is kind of like the seven brothers of Haasa legend in Zenj histories,

Author did not do enough research.

Article is decent and contains the Geledi version of the arab fathers legend. The four brothers, Cumardiin, Fakhruddiin, Shamsuddiin and Jamaluddiin. (Diin wasn't the father of the four brothers, it's the second part of the name).

The article is extremely confused though, Geledi is Cumardiin not Fakhruddiin, and Garsoguude is a Geledi subclan not a different clan, and the Geledi did not settle at Afgoye until the 18th century when they conquered it from the Silcis.

Fakhruddiin is the man of the same name who founded the Mogadishu Sultanate. Shamsuddiin and Jamaluddiin are also the two brothers who founded the Adal Sultanate, there is no Lamu Sultanate there was a Pate sultanate but it had no ruler named Jamaluddiin. There is no evidence outside of the Geledi legend that these men are related other than the similar name.

They have the title Garaad because they were originally governors under the Ajuuraan, Garaad is an administrative title used by the Adal and Ajuuraan empires.

The four brothers legend is kind of like the seven brothers of Haasa legend in Zenj histories,

Author did not do enough research.

Thank you, very interesting. I would rep you if I could.

The Geledi Garaad's were in Gedo before they moved to Afgooye? Why did they move? Cause of the Mareexaan migration?

They didn't really move, the branch that arose in Afgooye that founded the Geledi Sultanate at Afgooye was a completely different branch of Geledi and were not Garsoguude. The Garsoguude still live in Luuq they just don't have any power.

The subclan at Afgoye are the Gobroon subclan of Geledi, who descend from Dhiig Geledi, the Garsoguude descend from Qarsan Geledi.

They didn't really move, the branch that arose in Afgooye that founded the Geledi Sultanate at Afgooye was a completely different branch of Geledi and were not Garsoguude. The Garsoguude still live in Luuq they just don't have any power.

Did the Gobroon sub clan of Geledi always live in Afgooye?

That's a fine sentiment of national pride but I'll stick to the facts
listen man its hard to believe that baraawe was ruled until the 18th century when not one valid source states that it was...

Even the locals would be genetically portugese if they were ruled that long dont be stupid....

You have no proof to go through and if the swahilis were not ruled in the 18th century by the portugese how were the somalis?

Even the omanis would seem more logical....

Anyone who believes you is a retard.

I really don't have time to get into this but you're not letting this go, so alright let's get into this

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Ul...eAhUlc98KHbrPDRIQ6AEILjAB#v=onepage&q&f=false
This source is citing an earlier source when Brava was still ruled by Portugal

Sack of Barawa:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=Qj...IPTAE#v=onepage&q="barawa" "portugal"&f=false

Barawa paid tribute and became part of Portugal's tributaries:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=b3...eAhVBRK0KHep2BXIQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q&f=false

There are plenty more:
https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o....1.64.psy-ab..0.2.208...33i10k1.0.gtZg4rmJ9N4

That guard tower is Portuguese you can find ones just like it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts