White Supremacy Strikes Again!

Nationalism is bad, however, patriotism (love of one's Nation) is essential and entirely positive; it doesn't push laughable pseudo-scientific nonsense about the inherent racial superiority/inferiority of any group; and it doesn't scapegoat ethnic minorities.

I don't even argue that nationalism is bad. I think the issue is when nationalism is the primary ideology in place of religion (specifically Islam). As for nationalism in itself, I think nationalism has taken so many forms. If some people is being oppressed and they have a legitimate uprising against oppression, I'm not against that. But religion (specifically Islam) has to come before everything else.

I think the blanket denunciation of nationalism a lot of times is coming from a eurocentric standpoint. for example, they'll focus on Trump and Hitler but not consider nationalist uprising in the Third World against colonialism and imperialism. I'm not against those sorts of uprisings, I'm very much for them I just believe they need to take up Islam as their banner rather than pure nationalism.

Trending