Which one is better? Canada, UK or the USA?

Apollo

VIP
I have a very romanticized view of Minnesota and the Midwest/West. I'd love to live in the times of the settlers that broke new ground.

Imagine having a ranch somewhere in the west of the US, what a life.

:rejoice:

Can you believe that Wyoming is larger (in landmass) than the entire UK excluding overseas territories? And it has only 500K people. Shocking.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Can you believe that Wyoming is larger (in landmass) than the entire UK excluding overseas territories? And it has only 500K people. Shocking.
Cali's gdp is massive. Will put to shame some that call themselves countries and you probably know why

You know what I mean.. like the US cultural heartland. Texas and the Northeast are very different from each other, but still that's what foreigners think of when they think of America.

Minnesota is more like a mini-Canada within the US.
America is America. I didn't notice much difference from Minneapolis, Chicago, Hartford, Connecticut. Minnesota is not mini Canada. Sure it's progressive but so is Seattle and Portland.

Apollo

VIP
OP should've added Australia in the title. There are Aussie somalis:icon lol:

Australia is a nice place, but with its weird time zone and long flights to the rest of the world it is almost like living on another planet.. Even its animals and plants are weird as fk.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Australia is a nice place, but with its weird time zone and long flights to the rest of the world it is almost like living on another planet.. Even its animals and plants are weird as fk.
Good min wage though. Something we Americans can't relate to

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
America by miles. You're forced to get off your ass and the government doesn't squeeze every penny from you like they do in Canada and the UK.

Social mobility is easier. There's a unbreakable glass ceiling/class system in Commonwealth countries.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
US is better than the other two. I think overall quality of life in the UK might be better than Canada, but the difference is marginal.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I like everything about the US except healthcare. That should be universal and covered by the government.

They already subsidize healthcare for the poorest. If America nationalizes it, global healthcare goes back a decade...

main-qimg-6b2a2cb754572b908b174551d523e03b.webp

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I don't believe that

Uk for the following reaons:

1. Free hospital admissions and affordable medication. The charge never passes above £10. Would probably cost €8k for the same medicine in Murica.
2. University fees are 3x cheaper in the UK then in the US.
3. Access to the EU market as an EU transplant I have the best of both worlds. Easier to work abroad, vacation and access to the rest of the world.
4. Police are civilised and don't get trained to shoot first and ask questions later.
5. Sense of community with fellow muslims. We look out for each other everytime and have each others backs.
6. Speak the English language in the proper forms.
7. Most people are intelligent and well rounded. Our education system is not designed to make us dumb patriots but thoughtful individuals who can have a broader perspective.
8. Fashion, fashion, fashion. London is one the fashion capitals and our EU links imports great talent.
9. Greater historically influence albeit devastating for those on the receiving end. But for a nation so small its influence outperforms Canada and the US on this regard.
10. Tea.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Uk for the following reaons:
6. Speak the English language in the proper forms.
I can't stand the British accent. It always reminds me of brutishness of uneducated peasants of the Medieval Britain. Thanks God for the advent of TV, internet and Hollywood. These brutes are finally learning good language pronunciation and sound more sophisticated.

I can't stand the British accent. It always reminds me of brutishness of uneducated peasants of the Medieval Britain. Thanks God for the advent of TV, internet and Hollywood. These brutes are finally learning good language pronunciation and sound more sophisticated.

The UK has hundreds of dialects and all leave different impressions. I have an estuary accents. Its between posh and working class. I polish my speech in a professional setting and let myself loose when chillin with friends and so on. I'm an adaptable Xalimo.
:trumpsmirk: