Which diets have you tried? Your experiences and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goal

The primary goal here was to drastically increase mental focus/concentration, but my body and mind could no longer keep up with my motivations and ambitions, I understood the issue here was the finding the right fuel from the very beginning.

The secondary goal was to keep the weight at no more then 190 pounds (6 foot), stop the wild weight fluctuations between 190-240 pounds that was always caused by injuries, stopping me from exercising, there had to be a better way.

Challenge

The level of pure disinformation in the dietary field is the worst I have ever encountered, I wished someone did a thread like this 10 years ago that went through all the FADS giving their insights, so I could have avoided all these very costly mistakes and wasted years.

I naturally despise learning from my own mistakes, preferring of course to learn from the mistakes that others have made so I don't make them myself, but there was no choice, everyone around me was either a walking zombie toothpick or a pathetically obese miscreant.

There was nothing to learn amidst the gross cesspit of deliberate misinformation, deceit and lies other then trying everything for yourself, every quack had studies to back polar opposite diets while having studies to disprove the others.

The whole scientific community are a bunch of quacks hired by the elite conglomerates; companies like Monsanto sets aside 100 million for these kinds of studies proving their products are good for you, no quack scientist they pay will ever dare prove the opposite, they will simply make the data fit the narrative that the master wants

Diets

Low Carb/Atkins

Went on this diet more then 10 times in all it's glorious variations in 10 years, each time after loosing 5kg water weight in the first week and becoming all excited about it, I would become very sick shortly after leaving me unable to continue further

Exercise was impossible, mental exhaustion was followed by excessive sleep cycles that I never had before, blood tests showed deficiencies in Vitamin D and Calcium which I never had before, despite taking good quality synthetic Calcium/Vitamin D supplements.

I came to learn a decade later, the excessive sleep was caused by the body being in constant repair mode, the calcium deficiency due to Animal protein excess which makes you secrete your reserve calcium via urine which plant proteins like beans prevent.

I came to learn that ketosis state is unnatural and the primary fuel for the body is glucose, ketosis only happened during periods of famines when the starch that sustained all civilisations including fruits/veggies were no longer available, hence the body switches to ketosis (burning fat) as a survival mechanism not as natural state which this diet teaches.

A Picture speaks a 1000 words, below is the Godfather of Low Carb diet.

hqdefault.jpg

Paleo diet

Experience the same results as the low Carb, the misinformation they used to hook me was the idea that this is the diet of our hunter-gatherer ancestors, completely ignoring that this was before civilisation with farming began.

It also ignores that those people ate organic meat unlike the poisoned ones today loaded with toxic hormones, chemicals and antibiotics. The fish is even worse filled with toxic arsenic and in the western world they farm it loading it with more toxic substances, it's no wonder the Somalis back home avoid it like the plague and people foolishly berate them for this despite knowing that nuclear toxic waste was dumped on our shores on top of the pollution.

The Maasai tribe in Kenya are your modern day hunter-gather community, despite their mostly organic meat which they consume, their life expectancy is a scary 40, they die mostly of malignant heart diseases due to clogged arteries because of the high animal fats consumed, they also frequently die of diabetes and high blood pressure both caused by excessive Animal fats, so much for emulating them.

Vegetarian

This was the original diet I followed after leaving home, no meat meant no oil for frying, so the two biggest fats and poisons were automatically cut off without me even knowing.

Functioning was at 50-70% because of the other poison I was consuming heavily unknowingly (diary) loaded with steroids, hormones, antibiotics etc. weight fluctuations was very slow in comparison to the others diets (1.5KG a year) despite intense regular exercise.

Vegan/ Starch based.

I looked at this diet but never tried because I associated this with women FAD diets, until a trip to Somalia after getting badly ill from the years of low carb abuse, synthetic pills, protein shakes and the rest of the crap, I had to quit work as result as I could no longer function.

I was encouraged by the recovery of a cousin of mine that went there who had cancer and was much worse then me

When I got there, I was simply put on a vegan diet of beans, sorghum, millet, sweet potato, with plenty of honey, papaya, dates and bananas etc with no meat/oil/dairy. (the locals all ate this)

Within 3 days I recovered fully with a 25 pound drop in 1 month and energy levels I never had before, on my return I put my whole family on it with the same results.

--------------------------------

It would be good to hear from the sspot community their experiences in this and bounce off ideas from each other, from the malnourished to the obese, what was your goals? your experiences? what did you try? how long? what were the benefits? etc.

This will be a good lesson for those that are willing to learn from the mistakes of others. I would have paid a fortune for information like this especially after what I gone through wasting many years in the wilderness.

Last edited:
I eat organic, well mostly.
I do eat meat, mostly chicken and seafood like fish and shrimp.
sweet potatoes, quinoa, veggies and fruits.
I only stay away from milk and eggs, and refined carbs such as pasta, rice etc..

I eat organic, well mostly.
I do eat meat, mostly chicken and seafood like fish and shrimp.
sweet potatoes, quinoa, veggies and fruits.
I only stay away from milk and eggs, and refined carbs such as pasta, rice etc..

Is there any oil included? your eating mostly starch based with the exception of fish/meat. You do know that 90% of the fish sold is all farmed right? and the scandals ongoing with shrimps that are also farmed?

Unrefined rice/pasta is of course better but even the refined ones are still very healthy for you, most people have a hard time processing the unrefined stuff, they have been using refining methods for over 10.000 of years for these reasons.

The problem is that Somali's believe it makes you fat or unhealthy because our mothers add fucking oil to them, which is a grievous crime, I stopped my family from doing this, and their weights all dropped while their energy levels increased.

@ExcessFame

Elaborate more sxb, what is it? I haven't heard about it. It's not the fermented stuff is it?

Hmm I wouldn't really call this a diet but more of a lifestyle. As of now, I consider myself a vegetarian for the most part, seafood is my weakness. Ever since I watched a video on dairy farming/ milk production (it has scarred me for life) I don't drink milk as much but receive calcium from other sources.

Fruits>veggies.

Whole wheat/grain foods, beans (black, garbanzo, pinto, kidney) & lentils, quinoa (don't know what this falls under) & soups are a staple to my diet, mainly because of how cheap they are/easy to cook/filling.

I should also mention that I sometimes forget to eat/naturally don't have much of an appetite so my energy levels are typically somewhat low :cosbyhmm:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there any oil included? your eating mostly starch based with the exception of fish/meat. You do know that 90% of the fish sold is all farmed right? and the scandals ongoing with shrimps that are also farmed?

Unrefined rice/pasta is of course better but even the refined ones are still very healthy for you, most people have a hard time processing the unrefined stuff, they have been using refining methods for over 10.000 of years for these reasons.

The problem is that Somali's believe it makes you fat or unhealthy because our mothers add fucking oil to them, which is a grievous crime, I stopped my family from doing this, and their weights all dropped while their energy levels increased.

@ExcessFame

Elaborate more sxb, what is it? I haven't heard about it. It's not the fermented stuff is it?
I buy wild caught fish and shrimp. What's the point if they are farm raised?
I use olive oil for my cooking, so it doesn't really bother me that much even if I over use it.
It's very healthy for you. Nothing is wrong with pastas and bariis as long as they aren't abused like we do with them, eating them every day is unhealthy, but that's the same for any food.
I quit beef because of its fat but if I was in somalia, I would eat beef, baruur iyo kurus because they aren't as toxic as the beef we have here in the west.

I tried full on Paleo/ primal for 5 days a few years ago. At the time I did it for my skin and to improve some deficiencies. What appealed to me was completely cutting out all forms of processed food and eating as one would before grains were cultivated . But it was unsustainable. So I switched to 80/20 Primal which is what Mark Sissons plan recommended. I used to read his blog religiously and still do from time to time. There is a lot of merit to what he says, and unlike traditional paleo he recognises that most fruits and vegetables have been depleted of their nutrition due to farming practises etc. And suggest ways to manoeuvre this. In the end, it did improve my skin but was too impractical to maintain.

The major downside to veganism for me is it makes you more prone to nutritional deficits. Especially for a woman and also it doesn't provide full vitamins, you would need to supplement B12. Animal and plant derived vitamins don't have the same bio-availability. What argument do you have for veganism?

I used to religiously read Mark's Daily Apple as well when I went on a Paleo diet, subscribed to it for years, however I realised his arguments regarding grains was nothing more then bogus and highly misleading.

Every credible neutral study I read from the "barley man" (Gladiators), and simple observations of civilisation that ate a starch based diet, all proof him wrong. The Gladiators with hair analysis were found to be Vegan (they eat mostly Barley and Beans) keep in mind these were the most powerful people at that time.

Umar Ibn Khattab who the Prophet said had their been a Prophet after me it would have been him (due to his incredible insight) forbade the people from eating meat on consecutive days, blowing this whole theory out of the water, when you examine the Prophets diet, he was almost a vegetarian and very rarely ate meat, he ate mostly fruits (dates, melon, squash) and grain (barley), yet again blowing this whole theory out of the water

The Roman generals forbade meat for their legion of armies because they believed it makes them fat, lazy and not perform optimally, meat was a luxury item consumed very rarely by the people, most of the peasants never had meat in their life, only the very elite/rich had access to it daily like the Pharaohs and aristocrats who all died from the same diseases that we do today through analysis of their bone/hair

Osteoporosis is a disease of animal protein excess not calcium deficiency which is a massive disinformation that has been spread. The excess protein from animals unlike natural plants forces your body to secrete your calcium reserves in buckets hence the deficiency caused, this is proven in countless unbiased studies not backed by the meat/diary industries.

It's also proven by communities around Asia and Africa were this disease is virtually unheard off, these people have no meat or diary, even in history it was never heard off, when I began to consume lots of meat, I developed a calcium deficiency myself which I never had in my life in countless blood tests carried out before (this is despite consuming lots of milk and popping calcium pills)

This contentious B12 stuff to me sounds like another disinformation scaremongering campaign by the Meat/Diary industry that many people have fallen for to persuade people to eat their toxins, these supposed daily guidelines measure B12 into the micro grams not even milligrams, that how small we are talking

There are plenty of meat eaters that get a deficiency in B12, I used to take B12 supplements on a vegetarian diet years ago buying into this scaremongering and wound up getting sick from it very quickly.

The fermented yeast used in bread easily substitutes for micro-grams of B12 as do all the other fortified cereals including natural foods such as green beans, beets etc. 100 grams of the below according Heinz Handbook of nutrition provides half our B12 requirements. This is nothing more then pure disinformation.

Vitamin B12 In Foods
Micrograms per 100-gr edible Portion

Green Beans 0-0.2
Beets 0-0.1
Bread, Wholewheat 0.2-0.4
Carrots 0-0.1
Oats 0.3
Peas 0.0-1.0
Soybean Meal 0.2

Last edited:
I buy wild caught fish and shrimp. What's the point if they are farm raised?
I use olive oil for my cooking, so it doesn't really bother me that much even if I over use it.
It's very healthy for you. Nothing is wrong with pastas and bariis as long as they aren't abused like we do with them, eating them every day is unhealthy, but that's the same for any food.
I quit beef because of its fat but if I was in somalia, I would eat beef, baruur iyo kurus because they aren't as toxic as the beef we have here in the west.

Read the following about farmed fish it's specifically dealing with Salmon but the concept is the same for all other, even the people that work in the industry have come out warning people about it, you can check out their extensive interviews on YouTube.

They put 100.000 of them in a small pond all overcrowded swimming in their faecal matters, as a result they get terrible infections, parasite growth for which they use toxic cocktail of chemicals to wash off as well as antibiotics, it has gotten so bad lately, that most of the fish began to die, read below.

Why the price of salmon is soaring... and the reason may put you off this wonderful fish for life
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4712726/Why-price-salmon-soaring.html

Cooking with oil is not natural and neither is the non sticky frying pan you use which is made of a toxic chemical that harms you at the neurological level, burning oil produces toxic by product also bad for you.

There is no need to even do this, simply use water which is what humanity always cooked with, dumping that toxic non sticky chemical laden pan for stainless steel. Your ruining rice/pasta by adding oil as well as putting unnecessary fat on yourself.

Study warns NON sticky frying pans release chemicals linked to liver disease and cancer when heated.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-61407/The-deadly-toxins-non-stick-frying-pans.html

All these things are done by design, it's part of the population reduction strategy.

@MARAQ DIGAAG

You mentioned me but never tagged me in that post, hence I never got the notifications for it, it's the first time I have seen it.

Last edited:

World

VIP
The food in Europe isn't like America. Our dairy is fresh and safe, same with our meats. I only weigh around 180 pounds and I think that a vegan/starch diet will make me skinny. Our ancestors lived off camel milk and they were heathy and strong. So it's ironic how you want to cut off dairy and yet praise the food/diet in Somalia.

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
Why so complicated.
Count calories and you are set. I lost 27 and 20 kg on seperate occasions by doing this.

Read the following about farmed fish it's specifically dealing with Salmon but the concept is the same for all other, even the people that work in the industry have come out warning people about it, you can check out their extensive interviews on YouTube.

They put 100.000 of them in a small pond all overcrowded swimming in their faecal matters, as a result they get terrible infections, parasite growth for which they use toxic cocktail of chemicals to wash off as well as antibiotics, it has gotten so bad lately, that most of the fish began to die, read below.

Why the price of salmon is soaring... and the reason may put you off this wonderful fish for life
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4712726/Why-price-salmon-soaring.html

Cooking with oil is not natural and neither is the non sticky frying pan you use which is made of a toxic chemical that harms you at the neurological level, burning oil produces toxic by product also bad for you.

There is no need to even do this, simply use water which is what humanity always cooked with, dumping that toxic non sticky chemical laden pan for stainless steel. Your ruining rice/pasta by adding oil as well as putting unnecessary fat on yourself.

Study warns NON sticky frying pans release chemicals linked to liver disease and cancer when heated.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-61407/The-deadly-toxins-non-stick-frying-pans.html

All these things are done by design, it's part of the population reduction strategy.

@MARAQ DIGAAG

You mentioned me but never tagged me in that post, hence I never got the notifications for it, it's the first time I have seen it.
Dear Chap ,

In typical Somali fashion , you have started another regional state without aqoonsi from my thread . This time I will forgive you for setting up isbaaro.

The food in Europe isn't like America. Our dairy is fresh and safe, same with our meats. I only weigh around 180 pounds and I think that a vegan/starch diet will make me skinny. Our ancestors lived off camel milk and they were heathy and strong. So it's ironic how you want to cut off dairy and yet praise the food/diet in Somalia.

We are talking about the dairy of today that is pasteurised everywhere except in third world countries, were synthetic steroids, hormones and antibiotics are used.

It's why so many people are intolerant to lactose because the enzyme lactase which helps break down the lactose is destroyed courtesy of pasteurisation, nothing is left but just sugar, hormones, antibiotics, and synthetic steroids.

I have no problem with unpasteurised diary and it's mostly the Somalis in villages that drink camel milk, the majority of the population has no access to it because they don't own camels, the camel doesn't produce that much milk.

Why so complicated.
Count calories and you are set. I lost 27 and 20 kg on seperate occasions by doing this.

Counting calories is a meaningless fad, elaborate in detail what you did, what did you cut out, what did you eat, list the food.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You mean urbanized Masai suffer from arethroscolosis. Last time I checked, those that haven't strayed friom their lifestyle are known for their longevity despite eating a diet high in saturated fat.

I see the utility in the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol. Why? I've benefited from it. And haven't had any issues since I started it. :trumpsmirk:It is amelioratory. You do paleo as a fad diet.

You mean urbanized Masai suffer from arethroscolosis. Last time I checked, those that haven't strayed friom their lifestyle are known for their longevity despite eating a diet high in saturated fat.

I see the utility in the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol. Why? I've benefited from it. And haven't had any issues since I started it. :trumpsmirk:It is amelioratory. You do paleo as a fad diet.
tell me more walaal.
how long has it been and what issue has this diet resolved for u?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
if you want to lose weight, I recommend a high fiber diet. first of all, the only way you can lose weight is by burning more calories than you eat. so I basically take advantage of my meal plans. when you eat foods rich in fiber such as beans, lentils, bulgar wheat, and vegetables, you stay full and satisfied for a long time. Everytime I want to drop some body fat, I eat foods rich in fiber and lean meat and I make sure my daily caloric intake does not exceed my maintenance calories. then I burn 500+ calories by doing cardio at the gym.
these actions above equals guaranteed fat loss. I always got results.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
In highschool I put on some weight, and while in college dropped like 45 pounds doing a ketogenic diet for 4 months. It was pretty cool, all you had to do was eat proteins and greens and some fats for energy. No sugar, net carbs like 20grams per day including vegetables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts