Which diaspora is the most assimilated into Western Society (Poll)

Which diaspora is the most assimilated into Western Society

• British Somali Diaspora

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • American Somali Diaspora

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Canadian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • Scandinavian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Australian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • New Zealand Somali Diaspora

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other European Somali diaspora

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I wanna know which diaspora is the most assimilated into western culture. I ask that as I’m doing a little social anthropologic experiment.

The poll with the most votes will be the diaspora that I will visit (after COVID is over) for my little experiment. To see what factors could have contributed to that

Defo aint reer UK thats for sure. Major identity crisis going over on this side of the channel. Poverty breeds extremism it seems in either form, in the form of never ending gang violence Somalis are now known for or being sucked into salafi ideology and turning up on a list somewhere or using the deen to become twitter incels.

Reer henny are the calmest I find. So chill and the xalimos are often nag nool of the highest order. Reer USA are just a weird bunch ngl no need to comment anything else on that. Reer Scandinavian are living life, them niggas are using the curly hair and 6ft plus to their advantage and living the good life with them Viking Becky's. Lucky bastards. Over here in blighty we get fuckin thin lipped chinless Anglo Saxons the Vikings left behind that just want to trap a black guy for that mixed baby accessory.

Last edited:
Uk They Were To Comfortable Singing God Save The Queen And Waving Their Flag The Euros Exposed Them

giphy.gif

Canadian somalis lmao. Many somalis born in canada can’t speak somali well if at all, many have never been back home in their lives and there are a big number that have fully assimilated into the western lifestyle and habits (drinking, smoking etc)

Close second are american somalis outside of minnesota I got a few cousins in dmv and they are a very americanized family lol they be celebrating christmas and shit. Mpls has a very tight knit Somali community and the kids there are surrounded by their dhaqan and not so assimilated.

UK ones are a mixed bag, half and half from what I seen. Some very in touch with deen and dhaqan and others are not

Somalis in scandi seem kinda fob tbh I think they immigrated later than other diasporas and most weren’t born there. They speak somali very well

Canadian somalis lmao. Many somalis born in canada can’t speak somali well if at all, many have never been back home in their lives and there are a big number that have fully assimilated into the western lifestyle and habits (drinking, smoking etc)

Close second are american somalis outside of minnesota I got a few cousins in dmv and they are a very americanized family lol they be celebrating christmas and shit

UK ones are a mixed bag, half and half from what I seen. Some very in touch with deen and dhaqan and others are not

Somalis in scandi seem kinda fob tbh I think they immigrated later than other diasporas and most weren’t born there. They speak somali very well
Did you just mention they celebrate Christmas in the dmv :gucciwhat: @OffTheDome is this true? What the f*ck

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Antipodean (Oz/Nz) diaspora, because they are so laangaab and far removed from Somalia.

Kulahaa langaab. Bro we're 50k in Australia. Don't listen to these estimates.

There are sizable communities in every major Aussie city. Melbourne is too much tho.

Apollo

VIP
Kulahaa langaab. Bro we're 50k in Australia. Don't listen to these estimates.

There are sizable communities in every major Aussie city. Melbourne is too much tho.

You laangaabs are in the 20K range. You even have the government asking for your ancestry and not just place of birth like how mainland Europe counts the Somalis.

People on SomaliSpot are always surprised many Somalis live in Germany and that I am one despite having twice-three times as many Somalis as Australia which is unsurprising to SomaliSpotters that Somalis live there. :russ:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You laangaabs are in the 20K range. You even have the government asking for your ancestry and not just place of birth like how mainland Europe counts the Somalis.

People on SomaliSpot are always surprised many Somalis live in Germany and that I am one despite having twice-three times as many Somalis as Australia which is unsurprising to SomaliSpotters that Somalis live there. :russ:

I mean come to Australia and see for yourself man. Its different in reality. I'm not saying its Europe numbers but 50k is the best approximate number. There are also a lot of non-Aussie citizen Somalis (NZ, EU, African) that live in Australia.

We are probably the second most prominent black African community after Sth Sudanese. There are more of us than Ethiopians, West Africans etc. The only ppl that beat us are probably Sth Sudanese, Egyptians and the Cadaan Africans.

I have been to absolute tuulos with at least one Somali family.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I believe, If you haven't had a boxing match with a kangaroo, or can't talk like this mate you haven't been assimilated yet , mate.

:farmajoyaab:

Waryah, I have twice mentioned the fact I have witnessed Kangaroos box on this forum.

I will attach the relevant posts below:

My school did a retreat to the countryside where we stayed at this cabin area.

On our last day, we wake up hella early to go for a walk and down the hill in the bush we see two Kangaroos squaring up wallahi. We started waking everybody up and we just watched the beautiful scenes until breakfast time.

Usually kangaroos are docile laakin these guys must've had mad beef to be boxing like that.
I've seen them, they're not as common as you think, at least on the east coast.

They can be dangerous or docile, if you come across one in the wild, leave it alone but if you are at a sanctuary or park then use your judgement when it comes to interactions.

I said this in another thread, but I did see two kangaroos box once ngl. It was on a country retreat with my high school and we woke up on our last day to see the kangaroos box in the near distance.

Trending