Which diaspora is the most assimilated into Western Society (Poll)

Which diaspora is the most assimilated into Western Society

• British Somali Diaspora

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • American Somali Diaspora

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Canadian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • Scandinavian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Australian Somali Diaspora

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • New Zealand Somali Diaspora

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other European Somali diaspora

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Usually they are the ones that we dont hear us much, small somali community in random country. I heard there are somalis in china.
There’s Malis that live in China? wallahi we’re everywhere. I bet there isn’t a country that doesn’t have Malis :russ:

Nothing at all walaal it’s defo Reer star and stripes and Reer maple syrup that are assimilating. Even our mixed people here are Somali Mashallah.
Yep I’m technically Reer Syrup as I was born there (Tdot). Even though I’m mixed as you pointed out I’m feel very in touch with my Somali side :salute:

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I’d say Canada they eat at any fast food chain or restaurants as long as it’s not pork. My cousins almost feed me at a ordinary Pizza Hut
I had to call them out!! They looked at me like

:what1:

In the UK we care a lot about eating at halal certified places id say it’s more religious than the rest of Europe.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I’d say Canada they eat at any fast food chain or restaurants as long as it’s not pork. My cousins almost feed me at a ordinary Pizza Hut

In the UK we care a lot about eating at halal certified places id say it’s more religious than the rest of Europe.
Yeah I agree with you that Reer UK being arguably the most religious conscious when it comes to food. When I used to live there I would only eat at fast foods that had the Halal sign on it :pachah1:

Canadian somalis lmao. Many somalis born in canada can’t speak somali well if at all, many have never been back home in their lives and there are a big number that have fully assimilated into the western lifestyle and habits (drinking, smoking etc)

Close second are american somalis outside of minnesota I got a few cousins in dmv and they are a very americanized family lol they be celebrating christmas and shit. Mpls has a very tight knit Somali community and the kids there are surrounded by their dhaqan and not so assimilated.

UK ones are a mixed bag, half and half from what I seen. Some very in touch with deen and dhaqan and others are not

Somalis in scandi seem kinda fob tbh I think they immigrated later than other diasporas and most weren’t born there. They speak somali very well
I agree, before even reading your comment I voted US/Canadian Somalis and I’m reer uk lol.

Honestly, I concur as a fellow uk Somali.

Every diaspora has assimilated somalis, you got somalis here in Scandinavia who are very assimilated because they don’t live close to somalis.

Canadian somalis lmao. Many somalis born in canada can’t speak somali well if at all, many have never been back home in their lives and there are a big number that have fully assimilated into the western lifestyle and habits (drinking, smoking etc)

Close second are american somalis outside of minnesota I got a few cousins in dmv and they are a very americanized family lol they be celebrating christmas and shit. Mpls has a very tight knit Somali community and the kids there are surrounded by their dhaqan and not so assimilated.

UK ones are a mixed bag, half and half from what I seen. Some very in touch with deen and dhaqan and others are not

Somalis in scandi seem kinda fob tbh I think they immigrated later than other diasporas and most weren’t born there. They speak somali very well

Most where born here, lool we got a lot of fobs but most people are the offspring of refugees. Only reason we speak good somali is because the native languages where hard to learn for our parents so we had to communicate with somali

Reer henny are the calmest I find. So chill and the xalimos are often nag nool of the highest order. Reer USA are just a weird bunch ngl no need to comment anything else on that. Reer Scandinavian are living life, them niggas are using the curly hair and 6ft plus to their advantage and living the good life with them Viking Becky's. Lucky bastards. Over here in blighty we get fuckin thin lipped chinless Anglo Saxons the Vikings left behind that just want to trap a black guy for that mixed baby accessory.

lets change countries, Im tired of seeing cadaan everywhere, I used to drink milk but I have lactose intolerance:wow:

My uncle who’s married cadaan lady in Cali had Christmas lights on his house when my hoyoo and sister where visiting them. They were shocked about it but didn’t bring it up :dead:
That’s different since he’s married an cadaan lady that’s her culture all her life it’s understandable. I know 3 Somali guys that married ajanabi women and they do there holidays.
(Still weird though).

But for a full Somali family to celebrate Christmas is fucked up.

That’s interesting to know. In America we eat at any restaurant as long as it’s not pork. I think UK has more Muslim population therefore more halal options which is rare in America.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

Face it you guys have a lot more halal restaurants compared to america or Canada. I mean you guys even have halal subway :stopit:
Our halal places is. Very limited even worst if you live in a tuulo with just cadaans

reer

VIP
Face it you guys have a lot more halal restaurants compared to america or Canada. I mean you guys even have halal subway :stopit:
Our halal places is. Very limited even worst if you live in a tuulo with just cadaans
maamo xijaaban eating big mac in toronto waa meel waalan. :faysalwtf: