Which continent is the worst?

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Be honest. in terms of building civilisations, resources and generally leading a good quality of life. If you had a choice which continent would you choose for your offspring?

:browtf:

Asia i guess, biggest, different climate from arctic humid sunny, great landscape, and good amount of recources

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Asia and Europe have the most favourable geography for starting a civilization. Asia has more resources though but a extreme landscape in some areas.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Asia and Europe have the most favourable geography for starting a civilization. Asia has more resources though but a extreme landscape in some areas.
I agree. i sometimes wonder what possesed our ancestors to remain on the continent instead of exploring with their brothers.

Whilst africa has more raw natural resources, i think it's somehow the least attractive continent in terms of landscape to live in day to day. There isn't much that catches my eye.
:cosbyhmm:

Yukon_Niner

VIP
I agree. i sometimes wonder what possesed our ancestors to remain on the continent instead of exploring with their brothers.

Whilst africa has more raw natural resources, i think it's somehow the least attractive continent in terms of landscape to live in day to day. There isn't much that catches my eye.
:cosbyhmm:
I still can't understand why anyone would choose to live in a dry hot place where crops fail. I swear the loss of the NFD has to be the worst thing to happen to Somalis.

Europe was 3000 years behind Northeast Africa and the Middle East in establishing permanent farming settlements. The only civilization that sprung up "de novo" in Europe were the Greeks - even the Romans came about only as a result of Etruscan tribes being directly influenced by Greece. Africa, Asia, and even South America had way more spontaneous civilizations so to speak.
My theory is that Europe is too cold for civilization to appear naturally - they built on the discoveries of others and admittedly took it to new heights, rather than having actually invented something new in ancient times.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I still can't understand why anyone would choose to live in a dry hot place where crops fail. I swear the loss of the NFD has to be the worst thing to happen to Somalis.
Why is the loss of the nfd the worst thing?

Tukraq

VIP
I'm in Kenya right now. I've been to Garissa and right now I'm in Eastleigh.

Point was it's wetter than the North of Somalia and it's got river river with fertile land.
You guys put to much on fertile land, food and crops are some of the cheapest and most abundant commodities woldwide

Yukon_Niner

VIP
You guys put to much on fertile land, food and crops are some of the cheapest and most abundant commodities woldwide
You do know the Somali economy is based mainly on agriculture right? If there's a time we need fertile land it's now.