Where's Muslim response to Modern Western Idealogy/Philosophy?

VixR

Veritas
That would just create more sects.

Religion is different from philosophy. It’s tough for Islam to have philosophical output precisely because it’s limited by its doctrine.

Anything an Islamic scholar could say about a third gender or evolution would have to come from his own thinking at a certain point, which requires traveling beyond what the script says, at which point they become views the followers of the Islam are not beholden to.

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
I’m well versed in Philosophy, Physics, Some History and Mathematics.
You can have an Islamic response to any of these. Philosophy, for instance, is the study of Knowldge and the nature of reality. Which means there can be an Islamic response to any of the major philosophical theories. I personally think you’re not a true Islamic scholar unless you’re incredibly knowledgeable in other areas. How else would you answer questions on evolution or the existence of God, if you don’t even know about the fact that people have a discourse on such matters.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
That would just create more sects.

Religion is different from philosophy. It’s tough for Islam to have philosophical output precisely because it’s limited by its doctrine.

Anything an Islamic scholar could say about a third gender or evolution would have to come from his own thinking at a certain point, which requires traveling beyond what the script says, at which point they become views the followers of the Islam are not beholden to.
This is false, scholars of the past addressed all issues, the ones today are simply deficient in wordly knowledge. Imam Ghazali was a master philosopher.

Its called ijtihaad, this is why we need educated scholars

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
This is false, scholars of the past addressed all issues, the ones today are simply deficient in wordly knowledge. Imam Ghazali was a master philosopher.

Its called ijtihaad, this is why we need educated scholars
We have educated scholars.

Trending