Where Should Somalia Relocate its Capital

they should do what the americans did; move the capital to an irrelevant city for security reasons. no capital is any good if too many people reside there or if one clan would be possessive over it

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
That's the thing Somalis are "theoretical". In my opinion, if you move the capital it would not solve the problem. The only way to defeat terrorists is by military means and training security forces properly.
I'm not asking if we should move the capital to solve security issues I am asking which city would be the best alternative to xamar

Farm

VIP
The new capital should be in Mudug imo... for a couple of reasons.

1. Al Shabaab control the vast majority of the south

2. Mudug is flat lands and not mountainous which is fairly easy to control.

3. The communities who caused mayhem in the shabelles will return to their original homelands, meaning that those regions will be less oppressed and less likely to fuel Shaabab recruitment.

The returning communities should be settled in the surrounding towns of the city but not be allowed in the actual city.

Once there is a legitimate government it should purchase the land from the clan that resides in the area as they will lay claim it, and strictly control the population. The city shouldn’t have any IDP camps, the city should also maintain a population of around 50k-100k.

Just my two cents

Last edited:
The new capital should be in Mudug imo... for a couple of reasons.

1. Al Shabaab control the vast majority of the south

2. Mudug is flat lands and not mountainous which is fairly easy to control.

3. The communities who caused mayhem in the shabelles will return to their original homelands, meaning that those regions will be less oppressed and less likely to fuel Shaabab recruitment.

The returning communities should be settled in the surrounding towns of the city but not be allowed in the actual city.

Once there is a legitimate government it should purchase the land from the clan that resides in the area as they will lay claim it, and strictly control the population. The city shouldn’t have any IDP camps, the city should also maintain a population of around 50k-100k.

Just my two cents
Making galkacyo capital would just bring back clan warfare

anyways

#JusticeForShukriAbdi
I would recommend my own city, but I don’t want it to turn into a war zone...

And mogadishu is honestly a good fit, and the residents would probably feel some way if they moved the capital.

Trending