WHERE IN ISLAM DOES IT MANDATE FGM?

IS FGM TRULY AN ISLAMIC PRACTICE?

• Total voters

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I CANT FIND ONE PASSAGE IN THE QURAN OR THE HADITH WHERE IT COMMANDS FGM YET I SEE SOME FGM LOVERS SAYING ITS AN ISLAMIC REQUIREMENT, ITS MORE THAN OBVIOUS NOW THAT FGM DOES WAY MORE HARM THAT GOOD TO WOMEN, SO WHY IS THIS PRACTICE STILL AROUND? :(

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
WHY THEY HELL DID THEY DO THAT TO ME?

2020213637171501462208852.jpg

Bella, a young Somali, arrived in Switzerland when she was 16, carrying a burden that 200 million women in the world also have to live with. When she was five, she had to endure female genital mutilation (FGM).

According to Unicef, the prevalence of FGM in Somalia is 98%. The East African country has the world's highest rate, but female genital mutilation is common in many African countries, as well as in the Middle East and in Southeast Asia. The World Health Organization estimated that three million girls are at risk of undergoing female genital mutilation every year.

An illegal practice hard to eradicate

In Switzerland, FGM has been illegal since 2012, following a change in the penal code . Swiss-based families who subject their daughters to the procedure, whether in Switzerland or abroad, can face up to ten years in prison and substantial fines depending on the severity of the act and the personal circumstances.

The first person to be sentenced under this law was a Somali asylum seeker in 2018. The judge decided that the mother, who had arranged for her two young daughters to undergo FGM in Somalia before taking them to Switzerland "knew or should have known" that female genital mutilation is illegal in Europe and internationally disapproved of.

Prevention and support

Despite the criminal prohibition, in Switzerland 15,000 girls have already endured or risk enduring FGM. Several NGOs are combining their efforts to raise awareness among affected migrant communities, hoping to break the taboo and put an end to this practice.

The Network against female genital cutting, a government-funded project, offers help, support and advice to both women and men concerned with FGM. Meanwhile, doctors and social services are receiving further education on how to treat circumcised women, and collaborate with intercultural interpreters like Bella.

Bella tells her story and explains her fight against FGM.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8dbBqXK2BH

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
Where does Islam factor into the affairs of men and women? Listen, the moment you were born you were drafted into an eternal war of the sexes which may be waged on all battlefields and with every manner of weapons. The men will claim any vantage point upon which they may launch their assault upon our genitals and what they produce. They never needed religion, but sometimes it is useful. You must learn this and in your heart hate them for all time and forever. Every one of them is an enemy combatant, not a "husband", "father", "brother" or any other labels generated by artifical institutions such as family and marriage. Don't ask or cry about this and that. They have razors? Time to get your own

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
I think there’s a Hadith somewhere that says it’s better for women to be circumcised as well. But not the barbaric one we have in Somalia and other places in the world, but one that is recommended is basically equivalent of the male circumcision, that is, the removal of the clitoral hood.

But some schools of Islamic thought don't consider neither the male or female circumcision a religious requirement, and that’s perfectly valid in my opinion.

Where did I say that?:ileycry:
U called me a doqon. Circumcision of boys an girls according to these Western standards is Genital Mutilation.
Whether MGM or FGM
I as a muslim believe in the hadiths an narrations. Boys an girls must be cut.
But in the proper way. Not too much or too little.
What people call fiirconi is wrong an hasnt been practiced since early 1990s. Firconi is named after the biggest Gaal Fircon.
Since the 1990s I have been told most girls get the proper circumcision called suuni. Not too much like before.
Nevertheless those advocated wont even allow any circumcision of girls

Tukraq

VIP
U called me a doqon. Circumcision of boys an girls according to these Western standards is Genital Mutilation.
Whether MGM or FGM
What people call fiirconi is wrong an hasnt been practiced since early 1990s. Firconi is named after the biggest Gaal Fircon.
Since the 1990s I have been told most girls get the proper circumcision called suuni. Not too much like before.
What are you on about, no such thing as mgm in the west it’s called circumcision and it’s common place (in fact your at a disadvantage without it), fgm isn’t Islamic and is what we’re talking about here

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Whether MGM or FGM
I didnt call you that I didnt know it was you. Fiirconi is absolutely xaram. I meant fiirconi when I was talking about fgm

What are you on about, no such thing as mgm in the west it’s called circumcision and it’s common place (in fact your at a disadvantage without it), fgm isn’t Islamic and is what we’re talking about here
What is considered gential mutilation for men an women.
Changing the way of the organ is mutilating it. Those screaming fgm dont allow any form of circumcision for women. Their argument is invalid

Trending