Where Did Word Somali Come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
This is the problem with being an oratory society, shit never gets written down...:shookgabre:

Relying on our history being told through footnotes of other peoples histories..:shookgabre:

Somali basically go milk, also So Malians- I see the Mali connection through Islam

Last edited:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
There is now with the African Americans saying it
Just cause african american say it, doesn't mean it's correct.

Are they even somali to know what the right word is?:ayaanswag:

The answer is no:samwelcome:

Some do say, but that ain't the correct word to describe people of the punt/horn of Africa

Same sh!t with mali/malis.. it's kinda shortened word of somali, but is it the right thing to say?

Nope

Just cause african american say it, doesn't mean it's correct.

Are they even somali to know what the right word is?:ayaanswag:

The answer is no:samwelcome:

Some do say, but that ain't the correct word to describe people of the punt/horn of Africa
If a majority of the world started saying something or believes it even if it isn’t true, then it becomes reality and goes into their dictionary books. Consensus or majority matters in how people perceive the world.

If a majority of the world started saying something or believes it even if it isn’t true, then it becomes reality and goes into their dictionary books. Consensus or majority matters in how people perceive the world.
I guess you have to be famous and repeat it many times to go against their perception of consensus.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I got it, its from the ancient Aramaic word So-male

Meaning very masculine culture:shookgabre:

We have no evidence for all these speculations. We don't know the meaning of Somali, but it's better than being known as "The land of burned faces" (Ethiopia).

Last edited:
We have no evidence for all these speculations. We don't know the meaning of Somali, but it's better than being known as "The land of burned faces" (Ethiopia).
Nah that is talking about Sudan’s Dinka people, modern Ethiopia stole that name from Sudan their true name is abyssnia

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Samaale =doer of good
Soo maal(Verb) draw milk from the camel or cows

I have heard both. I am leaning towards Samaale as the origin of the Somali name

What really ? :gucciwhat:
Who has burnt faced people? You know them Greeks were known for being literal. Also the word Ethiopia was used as race term back then. Some say there was the three Indias aka Ethiopias. The Indus Valley kush to India basically the Dravidians, the kingdom of kush in Sudan. Also the last kush which was said to be placed in the end of the earth by Greeks basically southwest Africa to South America, which is why 500 years ago maps of the Atlantic Ocean was called the Ethiopian sea. Technically modern day Ethiopia does have real Ethiopians aka y Haplogroup A or B both are original Nilotic people unlike E,T or J.

Status
Not open for further replies.