When and how did Oromos become muslim ?

To be fair my friend is christian, but the oromo muslims there looked like they were many gen z. They the same niggas who hold anti ethiopian sentiment & are pro olf.
Ignorance, think fgm and it’s pagan origins, people still do it because it’s “much culture” most people, including horners will still put above religion when push comes to shove

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
More like 70/30 don’t lie on my peeps homie
8B1AAFC3-37F6-41AF-B92B-E222DA3D6705.jpeg

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
It depends on the region. There are several regions where Oromo became Muslims. In Arsi and Bale this took place in the late 19th century. We should not forget that Arsi and the Harar Plateau had been Islamic before and pockets of Muslims had survived the Oromo migration. In the West this also happened in the second part of the 19th century, I think. In Wollo which had a stronger and older Islamic tradition this must have started in the 18th century.

Somali and Arab Sheikhs from Benadir and the Ogaden converted Arsi and Bale Oromos.
As for Hararghe Oromos, the Egyptian government forcefully Islamized them during their brief occupation of Harar.
Since when did arab benadiri converted oromos.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Ignorance, think fgm and it’s pagan origins, people still do it because it’s “much culture” most people, including horners will still put above religion when push comes to shove
FGM & Irreecha aren’t the same nigga.

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
Get those neftanya stats the f out my face, they downplay the amount of Muslims in Ethiopia, it’s mostly Muslim who have a ton of kids, it would break a lot of people hearts to know how many Muslims are in Ethiopia if they did it accurately, especially if they did the Somali region numbers accurately tbh
What would you say is the accurate percentage of Muslims in Ethiopia?

Oh so your Shekhaal on both sides then
I’m sheekhash because my dad is aw qutub, but i consider myself somali Oromo tbh because qallu to most other people would be considered “other” to most Somalis despite most of us having the same lineage as sheekhash, idk how to articulate it, oh and sheekhash isn’t necessarily Somali in origin like the other clans, it’s harari who assimilated and taught Islam to Somalis over time and became somali

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
I’m sheekhash because my dad is aw qutub, but i consider myself somali Oromo tbh because qallu to most other people would be considered “other” to most Somalis despite most of us having the same lineage as sheekhash, idk how to articulate it, oh and sheekhash isn’t necessarily Somali in origin like the other clans, it’s harari who assimilated and taught Islam to Somalis over time and became somali
So you are fully somali?

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Get those neftanya stats the f out my face, they downplay the amount of Muslims in Ethiopia, it’s mostly Muslim who have a ton of kids, it would break a lot of people hearts to know how many Muslims are in Ethiopia if they did it accurately, especially if they did the Somali region numbers accurately tbh
facts don’t care about your feelings

Trending

Latest posts