What's your skincare routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Cold water..... However one time when I had some issues I did a little googling and I started juicing fresh ginger and applying it all over my face once or twice a day, I did this to remove this issue I had.

However family members and colleagues were telling me how I looked radiant, I might do it again. :dabcasar:
This explains everything :lolbron:naaya @ItsHanna bal soo gal:russ:this is going to be good
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
What an asinine outlook. Real men don't get emasculated by something as normal as properly taking care of their appearance. If you have acne, washing your face with water and soap will do nothing.
Well yeah if you have acne it's one thing. I used to have really bad acne as a teen. But most people grow out of that. I'm talking about the niggas with clear skin who exfoliate ever day. Damn metrosexuals.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Coconut or jojoba oil to do oil cleansing method with sometimes olive oil. Then tone with witch hazel. Then moistrise with coconut oil or jojoba oil.

Microfiber cloth to exfoliate. Does a really good job.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
You're such an instigator :comeon: and when I respond people see me as the troublemaker when it's you who is setting fires.
If you say so:reallymaury:
Coconut or jojoba oil to do oil cleansing method with sometimes olive oil. Then tone with witch hazel. Then moistrise with coconut oil or jojoba oil.

Microfiber cloth to exfoliate. Does a really good job.
Does this help with the wrinkles?

Well yeah if you have acne it's one thing. I used to have really bad acne as a teen. But most people grow out of that. I'm talking about the niggas with clear skin who exfoliate ever day. Damn metrosexuals.

LOL

Actually, it's called good hygiene. Letting dead skin build up on your face is disgusting and can lead to acne, ingrown hair and other issues. Now I know why I see some Somali men walking around with peeling, cracked lips, years of dead skin. :hova:

The original Somali MALE nomad had a hygiene and "beauty" regime.

Just look at pictures of Somali nomads, their clothes were clean, their hair was clean, moisturised and combed and their skin shone with some kind of butter or oil; yes, they were very masculine.

Furthermore, our best example of how a MAN should behave; the holy prophet Muhammed SAW, whose cleanliness was well- documented.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
LOL

Actually, it's called good hygiene. Letting dead skin build up on your face is disgusting and can lead to acne, ingrown hair and other issues. Now I know why I see some Somali men walking around with peeling, cracked lips, years of dead skin. :hova:

The original Somali MALE nomad had a hygiene and "beauty" regime.

Just look at pictures of Somali nomads, their clothes were clean, their hair was clean, moisturised and combed and their skin shone with some kind of butter or oil; yes, they were very masculine.

Furthermore, our best example of how a MAN should behave; the holy prophet Muhammed SAW, whose cleanliness was well- documented.
I wash my face. And I don't have any peeling skin on my face either. My skin is actually really good. I wash my face and apply lotion. That's it. Nice try though.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the Prophet(pbuh) or geeljires spent 45 minutes each morning and night doing a deep cleanse, exfoliating, applying toner or whatever other shit you chicks do?:mjlol:

Kulaha "Nomads had a beauty regime":chrisfreshhah:

I didn't know they had neutragena in baadiyo:chrisfreshhah:

You gonna tell me the sahaba use to put on those masks with the little cucumber peels too?:drakelaugh:

Mohamud

Κœα΄€α΄„α΄‹α΄‡α΄… ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

not even gonna lie... it's kinda highkey retarded that taking care of your skin is outside the norm of masculinity. even i avoid doing things that take more than 5 minutes (more out of laziness than anything else) but the more i think on it the more i realize the traits of being a man in this society boil down to inattention, lack of drive, and just straight up willful negligence.

we're a dumb ass bunch. like i legit sat down and thought about cons to moisturizing and the only thing i could come up with is "that shit gay af". no lie that is the only argument i could think of.

us niggas just don't like doing smart things it seems. like we're proud of being fools sometimes :drakewtf:

I've been using Aveeno with shea butter as my moisturiser recently. My skin has never been so smooth. I use a homemade mask once a week and use Eau Roma water as a toner from Lush. I use brown sugar with olive oil as a scrub.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
not even gonna lie... it's kinda highkey retarded that taking care of your skin is outside the norm of masculinity. even i avoid doing things that take more than 5 minutes (more out of laziness than anything else) but the more i think on it the more i realize the traits of being a man in this society boil down to inattention, lack of drive, and just straight up willful negligence.

we're a dumb ass bunch. like i legit sat down and thought about cons to moisturizing and the only thing i could come up with is "that shit gay af". no lie that is the only argument i could think of.

us niggas just don't like doing smart things it seems. like we're proud of being fools sometimes :drakewtf:
Depends on what you mean by moisturizing. I apply lotion generously. I ain't leaving the house with an ashy face.

I think it comes down to time commitment and effort. IMO if you're spending more than 5-10 mins on an elaborate ritual for your face each day then you're entering metrosexual territory.

Mohamud

Κœα΄€α΄„α΄‹α΄‡α΄… ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Depends on what you mean by moisturizing. I apply lotion generously. I ain't leaving the house with an ashy face.

I think it comes down to time commitment and effort. IMO if you're spending more than 5-10 mins on an elaborate ritual for your face each day then you're entering metrosexual territory.

tbh there needs to be a separation between what is required and what is done for vanity. dead flakes and skin probably require more than just lotion and water, and most of us don't actually bathe in pristine spring water to begin with. that whole face scrub, cucumber on the eyes thing feels gimmicky and unscientific so bun dat qashin.

truth be told i have no idea what's healthy for my face. i spend a minute or so on my face as far as outside care is concerned and that's legit just soap scrub and lotion. most niggas already religiously shave their face and keep it trimmed so i can't fathom how going the extra mile and maybe removing the deadened skin properly is a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.